It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Prison Lobbyists Are Raising Cash for Hillary Clinton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The private prisons get caught doing wrong so that makes them better than government ran prisons, strange logic indeed.

One minute you say the government can't be trusted, the next you say:

Restrained by the same criteria as public prisons.

i.e. the government.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Seriously? Nothing done wrong in our prisons now? It merely doesn't get the ink.

That's the point! Why doesn't it? Why does Private prisons get the ink and not the Public?

Simple, the majority of the media is run by the left. Why make issue of public prisons when "it's always been that way".

Obviously, the Public Sector Unions don't want incursions into 'their turf' either. Screw the 'screws'....

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with unions - it has to do with the immorality of making a profit from using violence against people, and the perverse incentives that "the profit motive" gives to organisatoins running prisons - like not reporting problems.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Well, I disagree with you on the union part.

I question your moral stance as well. You rubber stamp violence if it's Gov't manifested and condemn it if corporate based on profit.

Why do you think gov'ts are moving in that direction? Union expense and saving money....money motivated.

Hard to get away from isn't it...
My point is the 'profit issue' can be mitigated by proper over-site.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

No I don't rubber stamp violence if it is "the gub-mint" - however I strongly feel that imposing violence upon people is something that should only be done where here is a VERY strong case of "public benefit" - and it should only be done by public society - not for private profit.

I see no reason why unions should be compulsory or why prisons should be an exception to that - so unionization has NOTHING to do with it!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Unions may have nothing to do with in your estimation, then.

Unions play a large factor in the mechanism of our insane 'rehabilitation system' as it stands right now.

I would take any alternative to the current system, at least on a trial basis, and with tweaking as necessary, if there's any possibility of an improvement, at all, in the overall situation.

Complaints against private companies, at this point, do not get traction with me as I have yet to see any gov't union or people directly involved with corrections, in this case, EVER want to give up power/influence/jobs to an outside group/company.

Your moral stance merely prolongs the current system as it stands and, indirectly, helps keep the insane level of violence that we have now, at the same level...IMO.

What I'd like to see is comments from the inmates, themselves, to get a real perspective on this.....

edit on 26-7-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join