It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I filmed something weird on the moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Okay guys, so. I have to say again that if you saw that live like me, you'd still be puzzled. This is a video with a cellphone, altho this is 1080 it's still kinda crappy and youtube compression doesn't help.

This is my Astrobin page with some shot of saturn i take with an astronomic ccd camera and thanks also to the equatorial motorized platform, since my dobson doesn't track.

www.astrobin.com...

Now, you should know that, as we say here in Italy, I'm "eating my hands" for having sold both of them! Because if I still had those I would have gotten a hell of a shot of the "anomaly."

Anywise, that's not the north side of the moon, guys. The image on the telescope is FLIPPED, remember? Because of the mirrors

I was looking at here: i.imgur.com...

and yes I tried to use this amazing website where we can zoom the # of out the moon, but on the edges everything is too stretched =( while with a telescope, as you can see from my footage, everything is still smooth.
Too bad in these days the moon is behind some houses and i can't observe, but in few days I will look again for the anomaly at the same hour and we'll see if something is still off. I repeat: I was excited after the shooting that i went straight to my computer in order to send it to firends etc. I went back on my telescope after like 10 minutes and nothing was there. I was thinking of some game of shadows on some craters, but the shadows of the other elements were still the same...The anomaly were just not there anymore.

edit on 24-7-2015 by egidio88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The object is casting a shadow on the surface as if it's hovering above the surface. Cool pic

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: egidio88

That is one impressive view of the moon. I thought my telescope view was beautiful lol but anyways there is definitely something weird in the video. Possibly an optical illusion but I don't know.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I can't stop watching this lol it really does look like some sort of craft

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i thought of a conglomerated of craters, even tho i've never seen so many so close and of the same size. But even if this was a game of shadows, after 10 minutes it complitely changed. I mean, even if the light changed after 10 minutes i would have still been able to see these "craters"...there were just NOTHING instead. And anyways the shadows of every other crater etc were still the same. So, well, it was just ..gone =/

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Pointless looking in a few days because the Moon will be in a different part of its phase so the shadows etc will look different

Also even with your 535x magnification that part of the Moon looks as it would if you were 444 miles from it, the effect of the Earth's atmosphere is also increased plus the optical limitations you are effectively chasing shadows.

If you have a few frames of video why not use Registax on it it might help a little but to be honest sometimes less magnification is more.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
we must be mentally connected ahahha, i just used autostakkert and registax!!!

i.imgur.com...

+ photoshop. Unfortunately the video wasn't raw but havily compressed (it's a cellphone...), plus it was a total of 300 frames. The pictures of saturn you saw on my astrobin channel, for instance, are the results of a stacking of the best of 10000 frames of a 3 minutes raw video with a ccd camera for telescopes.
edit on 24-7-2015 by egidio88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Stngray
This is BS. Not shot through an earth-bound telescope.

Take an astronomy class. You'll get to use a setup like this. It's even cooler when you use filters and stare at the sun.

So true.

Most community colleges offer astronomy courses which are highly affordable. I recommend anyone with an interest in the sky, space, or just nature in general take one.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stngray
This is BS. Not shot through an earth-bound telescope.

I have a Dobsonian telescope (12" mirror). Zhumell Z12. You absolutely can get amazing views of the moon just like this. I do it all the time from my back yard. People are amazed.

I have been told a few times that the view of Saturn they see in the eyepiece is "fake". Kind of pisses me off.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
But still I'm not sure what exactly the OP is referring to in that video. The smaller "things" next to the bigger and longer "thing" (which is a distant mountain)? What are the "black spheres" the OP referst to, could we please have a screenshot pointing them out?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

REALLY? LoL i posted different kind of screenshots etc, look older posts

anyways: i.imgur.com...

it's kinda crappy in screenshots, much better in the videos when u see it. And of course if you saw it with naked eye like me, in real time, u'd be still blown away :/
edit on 26-7-2015 by egidio88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing them out. They look like shadows from the nearby hills.

When you say they were gone after a few minutes, what was left in their place? Just the sunlit hills with no visible shadows? It would have been great if you filmed that area when those "black spots" were gone.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That's just wild.

And add me to the impressed list on your setup

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

yes just the sunlit distant hill and the big crater we see below the "spheres"

it's a shame that i couldn't achieve better focus with cellphone...

i used phothoshop to recreate what it looked like after the "structure" disappeared:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
looks likey craft moving.....there's a historical sighting from long ago.....it's official and well known.....a craft was observed leaving the moon....from the apparent edge just like this vid....he says where the anomaly was.....check his sighting location....it's from long ago!!...maybe 1920 or earlier....he saw white craft leaving....

so 10 inch mirror rules.....a 20 inch would need tracking...
edit on 26-7-2015 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

no trust me, with the magnification every telescope needs tracking, and mine is big, trust me... i bought an equatorial platform to track down till 60 minutes but it had a problem and i had to give it back =( otherwise right now we would have had better videos.

anyways, i repeat again, because someone didn't get it yet:

THE SUNLIT WHITE THING IS A DISTANT HILL, NOT A SPACECRAFT!
THE LONG BLACK THING IS NOT A SHADOW, IT'S A CRATER.

My "sphere-ish structor" was indeed basically levitating upon the crater! Look again, guys. Again for the 10th time: wish you could see it with your own eyes through the eye-piece like i did.

also, i finally found the right words to describe it! It was literally shaped like the nucleus of an atom:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I don't have to much knowledge about such telescopes but is there any chance you could have a speck of dust or something way out of focus on the lense ? Once again I am sorry for a newbie question

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Thill

don't worry about the question, is totally legit! It wasn't a speck of dust, because with such magnification it would cover half the field of view!

but again, it's totally legit to think of this kind of things with such a crappy video... =( it's like those who believed there was a spaceship on the moon during apollo 11 and it was just a hill instead.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Gosh that's cool! Disgracefully I have nothing to ask nor add and will wait for better ATS minds to review it!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

i just wanna help you guys visualize it better:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join