It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting with multiple fatalities at theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Laxpla
Same discussion, every time there is a shooting or any act of violence. No ones discussions here are going to change anything.

If people want to post updates, or sources that would be great.

]
Live stream

klfy.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
livestream.com...

I have to alternate, they both go down for me randomly. Probably because of the server being overloaded.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: muse7

Why is it too soon to talk about guns?

Every time this crap happens, when a lunatic decides to go on a shooting rampage....it's always too soon to talk about guns...this is nothing but a disingenous attempt to shut down discussion about gun control

What gun laws would have stopped this tragedy?

The law that allows someone like me or others on ATS (I suspect) to be in a theater, armed and waiting to put rounds through the cranium of a person like this.

I personally volunteer my time towards this endeavor.

I will guaranteed, take a deep breath, exhale slightly and hold it, aim down the sights, acquire a center mass sight picture, and gently add pressure to the trigger, with the tip of my finger until the gun firing surprises even myself.

After the. 45 hollow point hits mushrooms and cavitates, dropping the attacker immediately, I will then walk up and empty the entire magazine point blank center mass.

Afterwards, I will honestly go about my life and feel little guilt.

There will be some guilt, there always is, humans aren't meant to kill other humans.

Even when justified, it still hurts.

But I would gladly do it, as many times as I had to in order to protect innocents from these monsters.

Maybe that makes me a monster as well....but I would never harm innocents, nor kill except in the most dire of situations.

A monster, Mr. Wick? No, a shepherd.
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Don't we have checks in place that would have forbidden the Atlanta Charleston freak from shooting up innocents in church?

Who failed there? the same folks who would be in charge of enforcing legislation that you think would have prevented this tragic event?

You can't legislate 100% safety....

edit on Thu, 23 Jul 2015 23:25:52 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: correcting my mistake thanks to an ATS member

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick
Well John, with a username as yours I would have to take second fiddle (so to say) however I would gladly be your backup. I would not however fire anymore rounds than necessary as it is a waste of good ammo and makes for a difficult defense in the foolish criminal charges that would follow, just be efficient and safe.

link   

Would that have stopped this tragedy?

link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Governor and state police to speak to the media shortly. Or maybe that's old news.

www.katc.com...

Yes, this live feed just said another news conference is coming soon...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: redtic

Exactly....it is past time for EVERYONE to tell the NRA to STFU and take a backseat so America can have an honest discussion about this issue.

*Gawd forbid....the world would catch fire...after all, ownining a firearm is a god given right; I mean, it's in the bible, isn't it?*

*sarcasm

Well the NRA doesn't teach people to go around shooting up schools, and theatres.

Honest discussion eh.

Quoted for accuracy.

Just saying....

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

What is your point with all the rhetoric? Are you honestly looking for a panacea to mass shootings in America on a conspiracy forum? Do you at least agree that *something* should be done?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: redtic

Exactly....it is past time for EVERYONE to tell the NRA to STFU and take a backseat so America can have an honest discussion about this issue.

*Gawd forbid....the world would catch fire...after all, ownining a firearm is a god given right; I mean, it's in the bible, isn't it?*

*sarcasm

But we can't have an HONEST discussion about the issue.

The biggest problem population for this issue is inner city blacks and we can't talk about that or even mention that because it's racist.

The only time it is brought to the fore front is when a white commits a despicable gun crime. And like I've said these are a very, very small drop in the bucket compared to violent gun crimes committed by blacks who are a MUCH smaller percentage of the population.

You want to nip this problem in the bud, start in the inner cities and work your way out.

Racist!!

Just kidding, you called it brother, straight up on the money.

But these days talking turkey is a no no.

I honestly think you called true to form.

Let them flame you, at least your honest.

And that gets my respect and support every time.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Bomb threat is a suspicious package in the suspects car. Dog got three hits, robot is deployed. They will be exploding windows and the trunk and doors.
edit on 7/23/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

Don't we have checks in place that would have forbidden the Atlanta freak from shooting up innocents in church?

Whoa now. That was Charleston...not Atlanta.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

a reply to: neo96

The only gun law that would have stopped him is a total ban.

And that law would have been worthless if he purchased the firearm illegally.

Now I'm not too bright, but I'd concentrate on mental illness instead.

Making more gun laws and pissing and moaning and trying to restrict freedoms is only treating the symptom along with denying freedoms to 99.99999% of the rest of us.

Why can't we focus on both issues? The millions of individuals suffering from mental illness and the easy access to guns?

Then I will ask you again.

WHAT GUN LAW WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS TRAGEDY?

The one that hasn't been written yet.

Bullsh!t answer.

Give me a law.

Say it.

describe it.

Validate it.

Wow Beez, you have not been that aggressive for a while.

You doing OK brother?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

So same question to you then. What do black people or violence in the inner cities have to do with an old white guy shooting up a movie theater?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

What is your point with all the rhetoric? Are you honestly looking for a panacea to mass shootings in America on a conspiracy forum? Do you at least agree that *something* should be done?

I didn't stutter.

We need a comprehensive mental health initiative in this country.

But go ahead and keep treating the symptoms.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

That one is much better thank you. There is a chance I might know one of the victims and my Facebook feed is being spammed right now with the same news. I'm a Lafayette native.

And everyone else who is posting garbage, seriously your comments are useless and irrelevant. Create another thread or stay on topic.

link   
a reply to: Losonczy

You are correct,, my mistake... but the point remains, apologies if I offended those in the ATL...

thanks for the correction

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Maybe the point that you are not getting is that you cannot legislate your way out of these problems. Legislation against these actions already exists so more laws do not really change anything to those who will break them…

…that help?
edit on 23-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

a reply to: neo96

The only gun law that would have stopped him is a total ban.

And that law would have been worthless if he purchased the firearm illegally.

Now I'm not too bright, but I'd concentrate on mental illness instead.

Making more gun laws and pissing and moaning and trying to restrict freedoms is only treating the symptom along with denying freedoms to 99.99999% of the rest of us.

Why can't we focus on both issues? The millions of individuals suffering from mental illness and the easy access to guns?

Then I will ask you again.

WHAT GUN LAW WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS TRAGEDY?

The one that hasn't been written yet.

Bullsh!t answer.

Give me a law.

Say it.

describe it.

Validate it.

Wow Beez, you have not been that aggressive for a while.

You doing OK brother?

peachy.

Just sick and tired of people wee'ing themselves about guns.

Bullets didn't do this.

A sick man did.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Laxpla

I hope you're not touched by this outrageous tragedy.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join