It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting with multiple fatalities at theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
My source (the one I've linked to several times) is reporting media has been evacuated and HAZMAT is now on scene.

No details why. What the hell??

Just a precaution I think. There could be bombs

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Livestream of KLFY news.

link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: redtic

Exactly....it is past time for EVERYONE to tell the NRA to STFU and take a backseat so America can have an honest discussion about this issue.

*Gawd forbid....the world would catch fire...after all, ownining a firearm is a god given right; I mean, it's in the bible, isn't it?*

*sarcasm

Well the NRA doesn't teach people to go around shooting up schools, and theatres.

Honest discussion eh.

link   

Exactly....it is past time for EVERYONE to tell the NRA to STFU and take a backseat so America can have an honest discussion about this issue.

*Gawd forbid....the world would catch fire...after all, ownining a firearm is a god given right; I mean, it's in the bible, isn't it?*

*sarcasm

Yes, Gun control works great in Mexico... LOL

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: muse7

Why is it too soon to talk about guns?

Every time this crap happens, when a lunatic decides to go on a shooting rampage....it's always too soon to talk about guns...this is nothing but a disingenous attempt to shut down discussion about gun control

What gun laws would have stopped this tragedy?

The law that allows someone like me or others on ATS (I suspect) to be in a theater, armed and waiting to put rounds through the cranium of a person like this.

So just ban firearms.

Is that the only gun law that would have stopped this?

I do not understand. How did you read my comment as being a proponent for banning firearms?
It may not prevent all of the tragedy however it does tend to cut a situation that could be much worse short if someone there has the ability to stop it from getting worse.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Ugh, go back to G@wker.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The only gun law that would have stopped him is a total ban.

And that law would have been worthless if he purchased the firearm illegally.

Now I'm not too bright, but I'd concentrate on mental illness instead.

Making more gun laws and pissing and moaning and trying to restrict freedoms is only treating the symptom along with denying freedoms to 99.99999% of the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Nah....they just lobby, bribe and threaten politicians in election season....all so that they ensure the conversation never takes place. Clearly, you are a card carrying member and your attitude towards the subject is the problem...you have zero solutions...under the rug is where the problem belongs, amirite? Yeah, I'm right.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Making more gun laws and pissing and moaning and trying to restrict freedoms is only treating the symptom along with denying freedoms to 99.99999% of the rest of us.

Why can't we focus on both issues? The millions of individuals suffering from mental illness and the easy access to guns?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I don't even think that.

Guns aren't the problem.

People are.

Don't see them getting banned so they ban things.

Someone has the will they will find a way, and use anything to get it done.

link   

Mental illness as in don't allow the mentally ill to get a gun as in better background checks? I believe that would be considered a gun law.

link   
a reply to: johnwick
I understand and agree with your point completely however, do you want to risk putting those ideas into some of the people here's head?

I'm pissed off at this crap also however we all know that there will be two main schools of thought on the matter. Let's hope that the school of thought that stops this nonsense from happening the fastest is the one that gets implemented.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: notmyrealname

There's dead and injured and a whole lot of fear at the moment. Maybe we can take 5 minutes before we talk about guns, race, religion. I apologize for responding to it.

I would have waited 5 minutes however, I wanted to make sure the comment made it out publicly prior to why actual White House announcement.

We are seeing the results of a sick society daily sometimes hourly; are you saying that my way of dealing with the situation is any less human than yours? I lived in a country that did not have any civilian firearm ownership; as a matter of fact most police do not carry them either. the only people that had them were the mafia. I am sure that that is the situation that you desire here in this country however it is not the situation that we have. We have an angry, divided nation that pops pills to get on with life and everyone cares about everyone sooooo much when something like this happens, and they still don't know their neighbor's names.

The worst part is, you are dead on the money.

True story, sad as it is.

Murika, what have we become? ( that is Murika said proudly while cocking a shotgun BTW, just saying, I love my country and people, some of us just suck a lot)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Why can't we focus on both issues? The millions of individuals suffering from mental illness and the easy access to guns?

Then I will ask you again.

WHAT GUN LAW WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS TRAGEDY?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Nah....they just lobby, bribe and threaten politicians in election season....all so that they ensure the conversation never takes place. Clearly, you are a card carrying member and your attitude towards the subject is the problem...you have zero solutions...under the rug is where the problem belongs, amirite? Yeah, I'm right.

Want to try again?

Not a 'card' carrying member nor ever given them money.

Clearly, you are a card carrying member and your attitude towards the subject is the problem...you have zero solutions.

Over 80 years of constitutional violations of gun control sure hasn't been a solution.

Really want an 'honest' discussion' eh.

link   

Then I will ask you again.

WHAT GUN LAW WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS TRAGEDY?

The one that hasn't been written yet.

link   

*sarcasm

But we can't have an HONEST discussion about the issue.

The biggest problem population for this issue is inner city blacks and we can't talk about that or even mention that because it's racist.

The only time it is brought to the fore front is when a white commits a despicable gun crime. And like I've said these are a very, very small drop in the bucket compared to violent gun crimes committed by blacks who are a MUCH smaller percentage of the population.

You want to nip this problem in the bud, start in the inner cities and work your way out.
edit on 23-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Suspicious package. That's why hazmat is there and evacuated cops and media.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: notmyrealname

Jindal sure got over there fast.

I would say that is a responsible thing to do.

Yeah Jindl can speak about this at his next NRA conference.
edit on 7/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Please delete posted to myself
edit on 23-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: Please delete posted to myself

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join