It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting with multiple fatalities at theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
"Haz-Mat crews are reportedly on the scene of the shooting on Grand Theatre on Johnston Street. Media have been evacuated from the premises."

"Unconfirmed reports indicated that Aries Marine CEO BO Ramsay and his wife Gerri are among the wounded. The extent of their injuries are unknown."

[Source]
edit on 7/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: muse7

I dunno...

Funny how it's never too soon for them to talk about Islam whenever someone with a Middle Eastern sounding name goes on a shooting spree...

Oh whale..

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
My source (the one I've linked to several times) is reporting media has been evacuated and HAZMAT is now on scene.

No details why. What the hell??

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah that's what I saw too. Up there. Weird.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: muse7

Why is it too soon to talk about guns?

Every time this crap happens, when a lunatic decides to go on a shooting rampage....it's always too soon to talk about guns...this is nothing but a disingenous attempt to shut down discussion about gun control

What gun laws would have stopped this tragedy?

I don't know, but it's certainly worth discussion, reflection, and effort, no? Should we just throw up our hands and say "well, there's nothing that could have been done to prevent *that*" every time?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Can we all take a moment to actually think about what happened here? People died. People are hurt. They won't be going home to sleep tonight.
Can we think about the families that are in such immense pain right now and offer a little prayer or just some good thoughts for those involved?

Somehow I can't come to the point where I see anything connected with this as "entertainment." That is seriously out of bounds.

Somebody lost a father, brother, husband, mother, wife, sister tonight. Probably more than one somebodies. At least maybe we can offer a bit of thanks that we, personally, our household, didn't get that call tonight.

We all have our own methods.

For some, like myself, our reaction is to want to do somthing to stop these types, like the folks guarding military recruitment centers.

For others, their reaction is to rush to the wounded to try to give aid.

For others it is a call to help the victims long term, with couciling etc.

I'm not the touchy feely type, I'm the other guy, the one that knows my attempts at consoling and comforting would be inadequate.

Though my wrath if I got my hands on the guy, biblical, as in old testament biblical, now that is right up my alley.

I'm more of a protective type, not really a feelings guy, it makes me uncomfortable.

A smoke and some air really did me some good, I can't believe I didn't cuss once in this post.

Must be getting soft in my old age.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Every time this crap happens, when a lunatic decides to go on a shooting rampage....it's always too soon to talk about guns...this is nothing but a disingenous attempt to shut down discussion about gun control

The law that allows someone like me or others on ATS (I suspect) to be in a theater, armed and waiting to put rounds through the cranium of a person like this.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Woo hoo guns. Murica..

So nothing will be done because gun owners only care about their own rights to own guns.

Screw the fact mentally ill people can get guns just as long as their rights are intact. You can't screen for mental illness because gun nuts are afraid they will be put in that category.

Also the answer for them is more guns..
, yeah instead of a few people dead..let's have a shootout and make it more because in the heat of the moment..people will fire and miss and hit other innocents.

They are against any reasonable gun laws.

Wait they are for gun restriction when it comes to minorities and think it is OK to stereotype people and restrict their gun ownership just look at the gun shop owner.

Remember this is a country that is supposed to be civilized so when gun owners bring up countries and say gun violence over there is worse...well guess what..AMERICA IS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN THOSE COUNTRIES YET THEY STILL HAVE THIRD WORLD GUN VIOLENCE.

Oh well..who cares...mass shootings are the norm in America..so as the gun owners would say.."who cares, about the kids, people..my right should not be infringed to protect other people"

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I know. We have posts for victim blaming, for no one carrying, it's the fault of the no gun zone, it's somehow black peoples fault cuz ghetto violence, posting before Obama speaks... and one or two people talking about lone white guy shooters, which is actually what the shooter was so...

2 seconds to be upset?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

difference being gangbangers target each other w an innocent getting killed once in a while. these mass murderers target innocents. 2 wrongs don't make a right so lets not play the tit for tat game.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Another day in Gun Lovin' USA..

If the shooting at sandy hook that left 23 innocent kids dead did not incite change then we should just learn to live and accept that these random shootings are just part of every day life in the USA.

And it's time we start labeling these things as cases of domestic terrorism...how is this different than when an ISIS terrorist blows him self up at a crowded super market?

Why would it ?

Theatres are suppose to be 'gun free' just like schools.

Besides it's illegal to go around shooting other people.

Since that I don't know how things like in the op can possible be happening.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have a feeling this will be a man on social security and/or confederate flag waver. Only because that's the new agenda on the mainstream block. Sad....

link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Gang bangers killing other gang bangers....how horrifying. At least they were eliminating one another. I'd pay good money to watch those psychopaths depicted in that photo I posted to enter an arena and lay waste to each other...who cares about pure evil?....however, it is tragic when innocent people are murdered in cold blood. Totally different IMO.

Sadly most the time they aren't killing one another but innocent victims.

Not different at all unless you want to believe the innocents some how deserve it.

link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

The law that allows someone like me or others on ATS (I suspect) to be in a theater, armed and waiting to put rounds through the cranium of a person like this.

So just ban firearms.

Is that the only gun law that would have stopped this?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

difference being gangbangers target each other w an innocent getting killed once in a while. these mass murderers target innocents. 2 wrongs don't make a right so lets not play the tit for tat game.

Yeah, they don't.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
My source (the one I've linked to several times) is reporting media has been evacuated and HAZMAT is now on scene.

No details why. What the hell??

I would consider that blood and brain tissue potentially splattered around would qualify as hazardous material but that is just a guess.

link   
a reply to: redtic

Exactly....it is past time for EVERYONE to tell the NRA to STFU and take a backseat so America can have an honest discussion about this issue.

*Gawd forbid....the world would catch fire...after all, ownining a firearm is a god given right; I mean, it's in the bible, isn't it?*

*sarcasm

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

So just ban firearms.

Is that the only gun law that would have stopped this?

No laws only punish after the fact.

And for those that off themselves not even then.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: notmyrealname

There's dead and injured and a whole lot of fear at the moment. Maybe we can take 5 minutes before we talk about guns, race, religion. I apologize for responding to it.

Gun control= aiming before you shoot.

Guns are not the problem, people are the problem.

Just be thankful none of these losers know about tanneries.

A m-80 can set off, and it go boom really big.

You can legally make as much as you want, as long as it is 50 lbs or less per batch.

Hell, I can buy it at dicks sporting goods. It costs less than a AR-15 Mag of ammo, for a 1 lbs jar.

I mean a single backpack of it.......
Like couple hundred bucks if you buy it, $30 bucks to make it yourself.

There are plenty of ways to be a pos psycho, guns or no guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join