It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting with multiple fatalities at theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Shamrock6

People are going insane. Is this stuff happening more often or is it just getting reported more often?

All of the stats show it's going down. There's over 300 million in the US. Anyone who doesn't expect homicide on a daily basis somewhere in the US is not thinking too well.

Lookie what the information age did. Blow people up digitally, and connect with other weirdos instead of being all alone.
edit on 24-7-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Did she remove them herself or did she sort of have them removed? Reason I ask is that if there are guns in the house and there's a domestic incident, the police here remove all guns and ammo in the house (if someone tells them it's there). And they get particularly sensitive about it if the person is current or former military or LE.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Oh, I didn't make assumptions about you. I just thought you had about me and thought you'd think it weird we agree on some pretty major wedge issues.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

"The Associated Press is reporting that Houser’s wife removed guns from their home in 2008 because of his mental state."

That's all it says. Can't find anything so far that clarifies it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Answer

Oh, I didn't make assumptions about you. I just thought you had about me and thought you'd think it weird we agree on some pretty major wedge issues.

Nope, I address people's comments on the board and try not to make many assumptions.

It often happens that I disagree with someone about a single issue and agree with them on most others, and vice versa. I spend time on gun forums and around many gun owners in my daily life so I'm accustomed to having only one or two things in common with folks. The non-religious, pro-choice, pro-MJ folks are definitely a minority on the gun forums and it's frustrating.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Oh. Look who his hero was. Who says media overkill doesn't affect us?

ETA: If true.

edit on 7/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Oh. Look who his hero was. Who says media overkill doesn't affect us?

ETA: If true.

I guess he thought he was standing his ground too huh?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
How about if a place is declared a "Gun Free Zone" they should be required by law to install and use metal detectors at every entrance to assure it is a gun free zone? Putting up a sign alone is as effective as those "employees must wash hands" signs in the food service restrooms. The ones that respect it will follow it, the ones that don't will not and risk giving food poisoning to a customer, potentially killing them.

It's an idea that will affect EVERYONE equally, and not just those that exercise their rights protected under the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: muse7

If it wasn't a gun it would be a knife, hammer or bomb. It's not the weapon it's the psycho using it.

Exactly! A gun without a nut case can't kill a single person. A nut case without a gun can still kill many. If guns are banned, these evil souls would probably start coming up with more deadly alternatives. Most of them have exceptionally high IQ's that they could probably even make a concoction for a chemical attack. It's really strange how many similarities most of these shooters share, along with being academically gifted. They all have hair that looks to be inspired by Kramer on Seinfeld. Come from white upper middle class families. Virgins that have never had any type of girlfriend. No friends or social life what so ever. The quality that freaks me out the most is their creepy vacant eyes, that make it hard to believe they have any soul.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: makemethink

Why not bring a bottle of bleach and a bottle of ammonia in there, and mix them up? Should we ban those items to prevent it? Please, focus on the behavior not the tool. It is basic...not hard to understand.

ETA: and drop in some Mentos or some dry ice to really make it exciting!

edit on 7/24/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Anyone heard anything about possible drug and alcohol abuse by Houser? I know for a FACT that 15 years ago he was drinking, smoking pot, and using coc aine. I do have personal experience with him from my bar every weekend mid 20's. The stuff I've seen sourced out of Columbus, GA, and Phenix City AL matches up with what I remember about him. He was always not quite right and my hometown basically ran him out of town after a couple of selling underage and the Swastika Incident a few have referred to.

lagrangenews.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah well...

Lafayette theater shooter bought gun legally, police say

Apparently in Alabama. With the help of something called ALEC.

But there’s another group working hand-in-glove with the NRA that deserves scrutiny: the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). ALEC, the Koch Brothers-backed group that is funded by big corporate interests, first attracted attention in the wake of the Trayvon Martin killing. The group, which brings together corporate interests, right-wing lobbyist groups and conservative politicians, passes model legislation that politicians take back ready-made to their state. The NRA has funded ALEC and co-chaired ALEC’s “Public Safety and Election Task Force,”which passes model bills on guns.

So, if I'm reading this right, this organization helped Alabama become a “shall issue” state, where, even if you have restraining orders against you, you can buy a a gun and concealed carry permits aren’t subject to review, and which, gain, must be issued if the applicant is not blocked by law. But I may not be reading this all right, as I have trouble with legalese.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Makes me wonder if people against guns dont kill people like this just to make their point that guns kill people?

I mean they blow up abortion clinics and people because they want to save lives... same type of mentality making a point.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Did she remove them herself or did she sort of have them removed? Reason I ask is that if there are guns in the house and there's a domestic incident, the police here remove all guns and ammo in the house (if someone tells them it's there). And they get particularly sensitive about it if the person is current or former military or LE.

the latest...he idolized timothy mcveigh and was a big fan of hitler......the guns, the now exwife was afraid and tried to hide them back in 2008. family had him committed in back then too ... the wife filed domestic violence against him in 2005...he is schisophrenic bipolar.

this guy was a disaster just waiting to happen..only surprised it took this long

www.dailymail.co.uk... na-movie-theater-killing-2-injuring-9-s-revealed-wife-tried-hide-guns-him.html

edit on 24-7-2015 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: neo96

570,000 per YEAR die from drugs.

And people are crying about guns.

Because the majority of anti-gun folks are pro-MJ and vice versa.

I'm one of the rare ones in the middle who is pro gun and pro MJ along with being pro choice, anti religious influence, etc.

It would be great if all people were on the side of personal freedoms and personal responsibility but, unfortunately, it seems like most just want every one else to live according to their rules.

I need to add you as a friend. I'm actually one of those walking contradictions as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I can hear the gun grabbers stampeding now.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What what ?

Arson.
Domestic violence.
Committed.

That's 3 strikes.

Any one of those BY LAW said he wasn't allowed to have guns.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: redtic

Exactly....it is past time for EVERYONE to tell the NRA to STFU and take a backseat so America can have an honest discussion about this issue.

*Gawd forbid....the world would catch fire...after all, ownining a firearm is a god given right; I mean, it's in the bible, isn't it?*

*sarcasm

Yes lets!

Every city where firearms are banned, they have the highest crime rate and gun deaths!! Why?? Because then only the criminals have them.

You never see the many stories of wackos like this being shot dead in their tracks by a Normal American who had concealed carry permit and stopped many innocent people from being shot.

Had someone in that Theater had a concealed carry weapon besides the shooter, the shooter might not have shot two innocent people before taking a bullet to the head.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suite. Did I say anything about banning firearms? There is plenty of middle-ground between banning and a free-for-all. I find other's refusal to even sit and have a rational discussion about the issue most disturbing. BTW, I currently own 7 firearms; ranging from small caliber pistols to high-powered rifles.

Some people...SMH

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

If I may intervene, there are several shades of grey when it comes to gun control, however no government in the past has ever utilized this idea. They always remove the guns almost totally.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join