It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting with multiple fatalities at theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

None of those quotes seem like a "right wing extremist."

Right wingers love America and hate the middle east. This guy was... something else. For sure.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm not a news organization. I'm under no obligation to be objective. My gut told me something about what happened. The facts are backing that up. I'm sorry that the truth of what happened makes you uncomfortable.

As long as there can't be a conversation about sensible measures to stop it from happening again without the gun cultists getting in in their heads that 'dem libs gunna take mah precious guns,' this # is just going to keep happening.

To have real conversation in this country, we're going to have to throw out the stubborn fringers on both sides and the NRA and their lobbyists and puppets and have the conversation with the middle, not-so-invested or rabid, vast majority of the rest of the country who can address the realities and the facts without shouting at and abusing each other.

And that conversation needs to include and address all the issues (licensing/registering, terrorism, availability, background checks, mental health practices and checks, and some that don't come immediately to mind)...and there ARE issues...with logic and open minds and needs to be cooperative and compromising, something the most vocal don't seem to want to do.

Reminds me a lot of the abortion debate. We could fix that too the same way.
edit on 7/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   
As predicted, the suspect has a history of being mentally 'treated,' as do all the other whack shooters. IMO, these shrinks are the MK Ultra mind controllers, hiding in plain site. But no one but me makes that connection! (sigh)

www.ledger-enquirer.com...
....he "has a history of mental health issues, i.e., manic depression and/or bi-polar disorder."

link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: Answer

So you're moving the goalposts.

What?

This discussion is about sensible measures to prevent gun violence i.e. laws.

You went off on a tangent about your perceived idol-worship of guns that has nothing to do with reality. I'm not moving the goalposts, I'm trying to keep you on topic.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Can't we all agree that there are wackos that affiliate with blue and red?

Can't we all agree that mental health issues are mental health issues, and subscribing to left or right ideology does not "make" you go crazy. MOST times a psychological break is a PSYCHOLOGICAL BREAK. Period. Mix with that an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol, not to mention the side-effect risks of some psychotropic drugs....

UGH.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Great post! My emotional reactions are getting the better of me today, I'll admit. That said, you've shared a lot of great info. I hope your post doesn't get lost in the back and forth.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

And to clear up all the conservative v. liberal bickering on this thread: Read through his stuff. He was clearly a white supremacist, anti-abortion, Christian, conspiracy theorist.

I also found this:

Calvin Floyd, who hosted the “Rise & Shine” television show on NBC affiliate WLTZ, said Houser’s behavior was known to be erratic. “He was on from time to time because he was a very radical person with radical views,” Floyd told NBC News. “He was a Republican and then I would have someone with a real strong Democrat view on.”

Source

Though I'm not sure what his political affiliation has to do with anything...nuts come in all shapes and sizes.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Some of his nonsense definitely veers off the typical conservative beaten path, but a lot of it is the same rhetoric.

I'm not picking sides, and frankly my 1.5 year old acts more mature than some of the us v. them people on here. I was just hoping to clear up some misconceptions with...ya know...facts. He DEFINITELY hated Liberals.

But I too found it odd that he's aligning himself with the Middle East.

*shrug* Nuts in the butts.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Honestly that speaks more to racism than the opposite. A fact too many people like to ignore around here is that community organizers beg at neighborhood, town, city meetings beg to form coalitions with cops to clean out gang activity... instead they get stop and frisk. There's not nearly enough being proactively done by law enforcement to target street gangs, it's window dressing for budgets. That's why it disappears from media so fast because if it didn't people might actually start fking talking about it and more focus could be given to solutions.

When gang murders happen no news trucks show up to talk to residents and ask them how they feel and the anchors don't talk about what could be done. It's a blurb.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Though I'm not sure what his political affiliation has to do with anything...nuts come in all shapes and sizes.

Agreed.

It's disingenuous to attribute gun violence with political affiliation.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity have the conversation with the middle, not-so-invested or rabid, vast majority of the rest of the country who can address the realities and the facts without shouting at and abusing each other.

Good luck with that when an issue is this polarizing. You over-estimate the number of people who aren't invested in this issue with your "vast majority of the rest of the country" statement.

I think all anti-gunners need to be properly exposed to guns first, then maybe we can have a sensible discussion. Most people who hate guns change their mind when they're properly introduced. I've seen many MANY people convert from anti gun or "on the fence" to pro gun. I have never seen a pro gun person convert to anti gun. What does that tell you? The anti-gun mentality comes from an irrational fear and/or misunderstanding. It's really that simple. It makes as much sense as being "anti scissors" or "anti blunt object."

The whole issue arises from the fact that people fear and seek to control that which they do not understand.
edit on 7/24/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Thanks! Normally I'm pretty indifferent to these mass shooting stories. But when I saw his pic I thought "This guy has government contractor written all over him."

But I think this is the more recent pic:

I still can't figure out the disguises in the motel room. Lone Nut v. MK Ultra.....ARghh! I can't decide!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Exactly, and the American public is led to believe that the biggest violence issues are crazy white guys and Muslim extremists.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
a reply to: Kali74

Exactly, and the American public is led to believe that the biggest violence issues are crazy white guys and Muslim extremists.

Exactly. Sometimes people are just certifiably un-diagnosed or untreated crazy.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

It's not. But if it makes you feel any better the crazies on my side are more likely to use to bombs.

link   

Meh. I've seen it go both ways. And not everyone wants or needs or should be forced to "be properly exposed" either.

And all I'm saying is no progress will ever be made on this issue and people will just keep dying this way unless we do something radically different.

link   

And black protesters. And you clearly missed the entire point of my post.
edit on 7/24/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

Some of his nonsense definitely veers off the typical conservative beaten path, but a lot of it is the same rhetoric.

I'm not picking sides, and frankly my 1.5 year old acts more mature than some of the us v. them people on here. I was just hoping to clear up some misconceptions with...ya know...facts. He DEFINITELY hated Liberals.

But I too found it odd that he's aligning himself with the Middle East.

*shrug* Nuts in the butts.

I'd say he hated everybody. This dude was marching to the beat of his own nutty drum so to associate him with any political label is disingenuous.
edit on 7/24/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

And black protesters. And you clearly missed the entire point of my post.

No I didn't.

Just because you didn't get the response you wanted doesn't mean I missed your point.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
See, certifiably unstable -

10:30 a.m.

Court documents from 2008 say family members of the theater shooter petitioned the probate court to have him involuntarily committed "because he was a danger to himself and others."

A judge issued the order, and John Houser was taken to a hospital in Columbus, Georgia.

While he was at the Carroll County Sheriff's Office awaiting transfer to the hospital, Houser said to his wife that once he got out of the hospital, "he would continue his erratic as well as threatening behavior" to try to stop his daughter's wedding, the filing said.

The wife and other family members of the Louisiana theater gunman asked for a temporary protective order in 2008 against the man.

Court documents seeking the order said John Houser, "exhibited extreme erratic behavior and has made ominous as well as disturbing statements."

The documents said even though he lived in Phenix City, Alabama, he had come to Carroll County, Georgia, where they lived and "perpetrated various acts of family violence."

Houser "has a history of mental health issues, i.e., manic depression and/or bi-polar disorder" the filing said.

The filing says Houser's wife, Kellie Maddox Houser, "has become so worried about the defendant's volatile mental state that she has removed all guns and/or weapons from their marital residence."

The protection order was at least temporarily granted.

She filed for divorce in March.

Austin American-Statesman
edit on 24-7-2015 by raedar because: added more proof of his history of instability

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join