It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting with multiple fatalities at theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Thank you for stating it in a better/less emotional way than I can right now. This shooting affected me hard. I'm a big fan of Amy Schumer - she's only of the funniest comedians currently active, and her show is flat out amazing. Her film was targeted because she's a well known figure on the left, mark my words.
edit on 7/24/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

edit: Really people. Can't I be upset about this #ty situation for more than one reason? Is that OK with all of you? Yes, I adore Amy Schumer. I think she's the bees knees, and yes, it hurts me that the terrorist in question chose a showing of her movie to attack. I am allowed to feel that way.

JAK

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Thread closed for 20 minutes for everyone to review the T&C's.

Here are the T&C's
edit on 24/7/15 by JAK because: (no reason given)

And we're back. Please feel free to discuss the topic further.
edit on 24/7/15 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

Thank you for stating it in a better/less emotional way than I can right now. This shooting affected me hard. I'm a big fan of Amy Schumer - she's only of the funniest comedians currently active, and her show is flat out amazing. Her film was targeted because she's a well known figure on the left, mark my words.

Wait, so you're more concerned about the fact that it's SChumer instead of the people that died?

Really?

More so that it happened at a show "because she's a well known figure on the left"

Then the lives lost.

The political affiliation affected you more , than the deaths

I cant even.

Mods this is pertinent because this displays exactly the issue here in this topic

People are making assumptions based on political view and not facts

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Im more concerned about the loss of life , then the fact that it was some leftwing comedian (whom I actually think is hilarious btw)

The issue should be the facts surrounding this man though.

I think its better to await investigation information before making assumptions on this mans political affiliations.

Im with beezer on this one, the guy was sick, the guy was disturbed.

Which is different from the SC shooting IMHO, that kid was just a racist. Who also didnt commit suicide.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

It hit you hard because you like a comedian?

That's your take away?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

Sigh.

I don't understand why I can't be upset for more than one reason.

And what, exactly, was the purpose of spamming my inbox with message calling me names? Really buddy? You're going to pretend in this thread like you're a grown adult while acting like a child in PMs?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Again, I'm not sure why it can't be for more than one reason. Clearly that post ruffled some feathers. But it's no excuse for the user to spam my inbox with abusive PMs.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So you accept that the Twitter account which professes support for WBC under his name is his, but not the Tea Party Nation account? The piece of evidence that supports your narrative is obviously true while the piece that doesn't is obviously Obummer's doing?

Dude,
He signed up for a Tea party message board along with a bunch of other Political boards.

Notice he has no posts or comments on that board? So you are basing your biased (Thank God we can link the Tea Party finally) on the creation of a login to a message board?

Did I miss something new or is that it?
edit on 24-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Dude, could you freaking not?

Your u2u inbox is in no way, shape, or form remotely relevant to this event. I would really rather the thread stay open so people can discuss the event and possible motives.

Continued blatantly off topic comments is going to get it closed.

Again.

For good.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Im more concerned about the loss of life , then the fact that it was some leftwing comedian (whom I actually think is hilarious btw)

The issue should be the facts surrounding this man though.

I think its better to await investigation information before making assumptions on this mans political affiliations.

Im with beezer on this one, the guy was sick, the guy was disturbed.

Which is different from the SC shooting IMHO, that kid was just a racist. Who also didnt commit suicide.

Here's some more info on the shooter.

AP

LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — The latest on the shooting at a Lafayette, Louisiana, movie theater (times are local):
10 a.m.
The wife and other family members of the Louisiana theater gunman asked for a temporary protective order in 2008 against the man. Court documents seeking the order said John Houser, "exhibited extreme erratic behavior and has made ominous as well as disturbing statements."

The documents said even though he lived in Phenix City, Alabama, he had come to Carroll County, Georgia, where they lived and "perpetrated various acts of family violence."

Houser "has a history of mental health issues, i.e., manic depression and/or bi-polar disorder" the filing said.

The filing says Houser's wife, Kellie Maddox Houser, "has become so worried about the defendant's volatile mental state that she has removed all guns and/or weapons from their marital residence."

The protection order was at least temporarily granted. She filed for divorce in March.

Apparently, this guys behavior has been a problem since at least 2008, probably longer.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

In the US right now? 58 year old white guy in that scenario was a better than 50% chance at correctly guessing because that demographic has a huge problem with society being too liberal. How many times on ATS alone do we see posts outright saying or hinting at that liberals and progressives should die, should be cast out in some way... it's generally just words, generally just giggles but to people with mental disorders? Thoughts can become actionable.

Conversely the Chattanooga shooting was a better than 50% chance at correctly guessing the shooter wasn't an older white male because that demographic has a huge respect for the military.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
dbl

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

a reply to: kosmicjack

Again, I'm not sure why it can't be for more than one reason. Clearly that post ruffled some feathers. But it's no excuse for the user to spam my inbox with abusive PMs.

Which im sure will be taken care of by the mods....

Of course you can have more then one reason...

its just that the first two that you mentioned were her political affiliation , and THATS what affected you, the dead and people that were shot weren't anywhere to be found!

I believe this is pertinent to the conversation because as a Nation this is what we have become...

We make everything political, and no matter what the situation is we tag it "Wellp must be a righty/lefty" before ANY facts come out....

This has to stop in this country, its madness when we put political ideology before facts...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Nothing like a mass shooting to bring out the differences in beliefs, opinions, hyperbole, flame wars, idiots and douchebags.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

there it is, clearly mental health issues.........

Thank you for that!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Keep fighting the good fight, cause I can't deal with any more of this # today. Thank you for being both passionate and level headed, which is a state of mind I can't seem to summon today.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And if we find out this individual was a liberal democrat?

*crickets*

The guy was a nut. He illegally obtained a firearm and caused great trgedy.

People, such as yourself, can't run with new gun laws, so you're attacking ideology.

You all are ignoring the cause of the problem. A lack of mental health treatment avaliability/options.

But if it helps your agenda to demean and vilify an ideology because a tragedy occurred, then by all means, please continue.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

In the US right now? 58 year old white guy in that scenario was a better than 50% chance at correctly guessing because that demographic has a huge problem with society being too liberal. How many times on ATS alone do we see posts outright saying or hinting at that liberals and progressives should die, should be cast out in some way... it's generally just words, generally just giggles but to people with mental disorders? Thoughts can become actionable.

Conversely the Chattanooga shooting was a better than 50% chance at correctly guessing the shooter wasn't an older white male because that demographic has a huge respect for the military.

You have scientific data here to back up your claims or is this just impromptu ?

Theres also a part of society that run around with black lives matters signs and have been targeting cops and white people at establishments.....

How would you feel if a shooting happened and someone came on here and said "Yep probably a black guy"

NEvermind I know how youd react....

Can we please stop with the double standards and make shift percentages

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

No, I mean namecalling and spamming my inbox.

Deep breaths, mong. The mods will deal with it. Deep, steady breaths.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join