It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting with multiple fatalities at theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Fact: registered member of Tea Party Nation.
Fact: hated liberals.
Fact: He #ing murdered people.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Wow page after page.

What's it like to be so hard lines that you ignor facts in favor of just throwing out accusations because you might not like someone's political views?

The guy was crazy obviously

You're part of the problem in the U.S. today

People can't have a different viewpoint w out people like you throwing out insults or pigeonholing them into some little box they don't even fit in

They don't think like you , so they must be horrible people and you have to demean, marginalize, and try to ruin them

Disgusting

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Just stop at insane. No rational person does what he did. Even progressive liberals.

Jeez beez, you know it won't stop at insane. You know how the press works.

Either he was a racist man driven to insanity, or a insane man driven to racism. Or maybe he was an insane racist driven to sanity....

We all know whats gonna happen-the press will take the ball and run with it.

edit on 24-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

Except that insanity implies incompetency. That somebody doesn't know what you're doing or the consequences of their actions. I seriously doubt that that's the case with this guy, seeing as he had changed the plates on his car and had disguises awaiting him for after he committed the terrorist act. He had probably planned to commit more terrorist acts, as a terrorist is wont to do.

White + violent = insane, mentally ill. Every damned time, like clockwork.

so now youre a lawyer as well as an investigator......

Impressive

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Just stop at insane. No rational person does what he did. Even progressive liberals.

Jeez beez, you know it won't stop at insane. You know how the press works.

Either he was a racist man driven to insanity, or a insane man driven to racism. Or maybe he was an insane racist driven to sanity....

We all know whats gonna happen-the press will take the ball and run with it.

*sigh*

Sadly, I agree. No-one will talk about the 800 lb elephant in the room, mental illness.

But race, ideology, guns, will have center stage.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

As long as there can't be a conversation about sensible measures to stop it from happening again without the gun cultists getting in in their heads that 'dem libs gunna take mah precious guns,' this # is just going to keep happening.

I keep seeing that line repeated over and over again but I have yet to see anyone propose a "sensible measure" for discussion.

It's a lot easier to say "nobody wants to have the discussion!" than it is to actually start the discussion.

Go ahead, tell us what law would have prevented this illegal shooting in a place where carrying a gun was illegal and let's have the conversation. If you can't do that, shut up about it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If you'd stick to facts and logic instead of emotional nonsense, maybe you wouldn't get so frustrated and give up on the conversation.
edit on 24/7/15 by JAK because: Quoted T&C violation remvoed.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

So, because my viewpoint differs from yours, I can't handle your differing viewpoint. Solid logic. Good on you.

Delicious.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled circlejerk.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

a reply to: raedar

Fact: registered member of Tea Party Nation.
Fact: hated liberals.
Fact: He #ing murdered people.

I'm a registered member of plenty of websites. Some make you register in order to check it out. Maybe he was a Tea Party Member. I have no idea if he hated liberals. Who cares if he did. Did the Aurora Shooter hate Right Wingers? Did you hear any right wingers trying to assume he did and crying about it? I didn't.

Fact # 3 is where it's at, he murdered people.

Fact - He was a drifter
Fact - He was estranged from his family
Fact - He at one time owned what looks like a bar or pub
Fact - In his photograph he has the ruddy complexion of someone who abuses alcohol for an extended period of time (not sure if alcohol abuse is a fact, but the fact is that he has that complexion)
Fact - Most people that commit murder are under the influence of a substance or are having a psychotic break

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

There you go, pile on after I say I'm bowing out of the pointless discussion. 'Yeah, you BETTER walk away!'

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Sadly, I agree. No-one will talk about the 800 lb elephant in the room, mental illness.

Mental illness is a blanket term.

JAK

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Mentally unstable can come in any variety. Psychosis, PTSD, Socio/Psychopathy, Depression, Bipolar, Schizophrenia... the point is this guy was most likely a right wing extremist. They exist, same as Islamic extremists, environmental extremists, racial extremists, Christian extremists.

To deny that there's any place that, tea party, WBC and mentally ill, can cross is illogical. It doesn't mean that all tea partiers are ticking time bombs... anymore than the Chattanooga shooting means that all Muslims are ticking time bombs.

I think what you're feeling persecuted about here is that people of a different mindset than you, are 1) able to see a pattern with these types of shootings, one that you don't like and 2) we're just wondering wtf it's going to take for the media to start talking about right wing extremism in the same way they talk about Muslim extremists, and black people killed by cops or that die in police custody.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Whast the pattern then....

Lay it out for us Kali

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Mental illness is a blanket term.

I don't know how else to classify it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
[SNIP]

If you want to talk with me please do so via U2U. Jak
edit on 24/7/15 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Does your political affiliation make you a ticking time bomb?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join