It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting with multiple fatalities at theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

suicidal thoughts
Most everyone I know has had those at one point or another.

delusional thoughts, irrational fears
There is no test that can read minds. A fear of heights, spiders, snakes, religion, etc., can all go into these categories. There are no usual suspects in psychology, aside for the ones that have already decided to act on the thoughts.

I apologize about being unclear earlier. What will be on the test that determines who is mentally ill?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So is it working? Or does the process need an update and make it harder.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You mean make it harder to legally purchase guns.

It's easier than hell to get them illegally.

(and "illegally" means it's already against the law)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

A trained professional I presume.

If you gunners keep saying the issue is mental health..then why not make the screening process better and harder for mentally ill people to get through.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: redtic

originally posted by: muse7

The only gun law that would have stopped him is a total ban.

And that law would have been worthless if he purchased the firearm illegally.

Now I'm not too bright, but I'd concentrate on mental illness instead.

Making more gun laws and pissing and moaning and trying to restrict freedoms is only treating the symptom along with denying freedoms to 99.99999% of the rest of us.

Why can't we focus on both issues? The millions of individuals suffering from mental illness and the easy access to guns?

Then I will ask you again.

WHAT GUN LAW WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS TRAGEDY?

The one that hasn't been written yet.

Bullsh!t answer.

Give me a law.

Say it.

describe it.

Validate it.

Wow Beez, you have not been that aggressive for a while.

You doing OK brother?

peachy.

Just sick and tired of people wee'ing themselves about guns.

Bullets didn't do this.

A sick man did.
agreed fully!!!

People are the problem, not inanimate objects.

I also understand your feelings on the subject, I was goingto leave this thread earlier, but a smoke and some fresh air dialed my anger back.

I can't wrap my mind around blaming an object instead of the handthat weilded it for evil ends.

I don't understand the reasoning.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: krosnos

Gun control sure isn't working, and will never work.

Reason being some people have self diluted themelves in to thinking human behavior can be legislated.

Which it can't.

What it does do is punish the 99% of the population accountable for something they will never do.

But i forgot that is the modern equivalency of 'social justice'

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Actually getting a gun illegally is more difficult than getting it legally.

The majority of guns used in these mass shootings have been legally purchased guns.

Link

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Holy #, this is why I don't post on this board anymore. The integrity of this board has hit an all-time low, that's why this board is a joke and it happens with every event and the only remotely good section on ATS is the Aircraft section.

If anyone is interested in actual updates and actual discussions of the event that is listed in the title, instead of people posting useless garbage which their point doesn't matter, here are the links to live updates.

www.reddit.com...

www.reddit.com...

Have a good one.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Why not?

I still can't believe that a dangerous tool like a gun is not considered a privilege and not a right. Everything else dangerous is a privilege.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Laxpla
Holy #, this is why I don't post on this board anymore. The integrity of this board has hit an all-time low, that's why this board is a joke and it happens with every event and the only remotely good section on ATS is the Aircraft section.

If anyone is interested in actual updates and actual discussions of the event that is listed in the title, instead of people posting useless garbage which their point doesn't matter, here are the links to live updates.

www.reddit.com...

www.reddit.com...

Have a good one.

So we're not allowed to discuss current events now?

Good luck with reddit

Don't forget your fedora.

link   
Man. I miss the good old days where you could scan one of these threads to get the facts on a breaking case without wading through 95% of infighting and Left/Right venom.

link   

Why not?

I still can't believe that a dangerous tool like a gun is not considered a privilege and not a right. Everything else dangerous is a privilege.

Then change the Constitution, create a dictatorship, establish a tyranny.

Knock yourself out.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Enough already! Gah!!!!!!!

You can't even enjoy a F'ing movie anymore without some # rampaging!

link   

a reply to: muse7

Liar.

I've stated repeatedly that we need to reverse the drastic closings of mental health facilities done in the 80's under Reagan.

Obamacare gives everyone costly physical care, but doesn't do dick for mental care.

I'm all for universal mental health care. It doesn't exist anymore. Not in any relevant way.

Kudos to you.

A lot of people don't realize the role Reagan played in de-institutionalizing mentally ill people. First as governor of California he was responsible for about half of the state's institutionalized mentally ill being released, in many cases more or less to live on the streets or to be locked up in jail — by some estimates, a third of homeless people and as much as half of the prison population suffer from serious mental illness.

Then once he was in office he led the GOP charge to shrink government with such poorly thought out schemes as doing away with the recently passed Mental Health Systems Act and cutting the NIMH budget. Ironically, the results were that instead of continuing to spend money on treatment and prevention — which would have been far better for everyone — the expense was simply shifted to funding a slew of new social services programs and ever growing prison populations.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Heavier mental illness cross checks for gun permit. Inevitable. Most of these guys have mental illness, far as I know.

I mean you can try to take away guns from everybody, but:
a) Crazy people and criminals will find a way to get them anyway
b) People of sound mind and good morals will not tolerate

Some of these cases are unpreventable without getting rid of all guns or curing all mental illness. Yet many also could be prevented by implementing better checks. I think we'll do a little of everything:
1) More cross checks for mental illness to acquire gun permit
2) More restrictions on type of gun and ammo
3) More funding for mental health services and research
edit on 23-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Gun control sure isn't working, and will never work.

Reason being some people have self diluted themelves in to thinking human behavior can be legislated.

Which it can't.

What it does do is punish the 99% of the population accountable for something they will never do.

But i forgot that is the modern equivalency of 'social justice'

American gun owners have made sure that gun laws are ineffective. Answer me this, just where do you think these illegal guns are coming from?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

Just sick and tired of people wee'ing themselves about guns.

Bullets didn't do this.

A sick man did.

A sick man with a gun. The logical path would be to prevent the sick man from getting a gun.

Bullsh!t!!!!!!!

The "logical" path would be to heal the SICK MAN!!!

Cheee-rist Almighty!

Exactly!!!!!

The object is not to blame, it was the person using it that is to blame.

Not one time in human history has an object committed murder, plenty offolks used objects to do so though.

Blame the guilty party, not the object involved.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

There you go whining again. Grow up.

No more from me, you either got the whiners or the gunners who don't even want to discuss common sense actions.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Same M.O. as ALL the Others . A Textbook Lone Nutjob False Flag Event Curtsy of your Local Alphabet Government Agency with the Sole Intent of trying to Disarm the American Public ......YAWN............

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Trained professionals have it wrong much of the time. INFP's, for example, are misdiagnosed all of the time. We have kids getting ADHD meds at the age of 4 and every introvert is just another potential mass murderer. I just want to know your thoughts on what should go on during the screening process. I have met sociopaths that can pass every test in the world, especially a test issued by a federal agency. These are not bad people either, they just lack some elements that make most humans, human. I am not playing you, but it seems you have gotten your talking points from people in the media or someone you respect. I am cool with that, but do me a favor and ask them what they believe should be on the test. You sound anti gun, and I am no professional and cannot undo indoctrination. You may consider other schools of thought, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join