It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I gave up Ayn Rand for Bernie Sanders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Excellent post, S&F!

I love what the article stated about the attack on voting by the right wing. It makes so much sense. The right try to pass laws that make it more difficult for poor and oppressed people to vote.

How is it that they do that? If I drive a car I need a state issued id. If I rent a movie I need ID. If you apply for a job you need an ID. So how is it that demanding an ID is discrimination?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Having an ID isn't the problem - until you restrict he hours you can get an ID, make it otherwise difficult, disallow voting in advance, etc.

It is always the bits and pieces attached to ID laws that are discriminatory.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Form what I understand you need a ID to register to vote, the new republican laws makes you provide a ID too vote, then make it harder to get said ID. Makes since if your a republican the higher the turnout the less republicans win.

Funny when you hear about voters being purged its always from a republican source, isn't it?
edit on 23-7-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The Democrats always need the "extra" votes.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I challenge Bernie to hold his breath waiting for this Right Libertarian to trade Ayn Rand for him. That'll settle more than a few issues with the upcoming election.

Seriously, why in the blue hell would anyone making more than $50k a year vote for a man who openly believes more should be taken from them to redistribute to those under $30k?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Bernie doesn't need the right (anything) to win.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

No, but the left (anything other than the 12-15% fringe he currently has) would at least help him get by Hillary and to the point where he would desperately need the right.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm pretty much just embracing Sanders as the far left version of Ron Paul... Darling of a few very tight knit, very much online and vocal groups, but entirely unelectable within his own primary, let alone in the general election. I was a Ron Paul guy, I understand how you Sanders' folks are going to feel... and hey, now I'm beginning to understand how y'all felt saying RP was unelectable while those of us supporting him refused to see it, it's... well, its kinda fun.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: ChiefD

Excellent post, S&F!

I love what the article stated about the attack on voting by the right wing. It makes so much sense. The right try to pass laws that make it more difficult for poor and oppressed people to vote.

How is it that they do that? If I drive a car I need a state issued id. If I rent a movie I need ID. If you apply for a job you need an ID. So how is it that demanding an ID is discrimination?

None of the things you listed is a right. The voter ID would be fine if the ID was free of charge you cannot charge for one because then you would be charging people to vote.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Seriously, why in the blue hell would anyone making more than $50k a year vote for a man who openly believes more should be taken from them to redistribute to those under $30k?

Why, because many of them are sick of their tax dollars being spent for foreign aid, war, the drug war, NSA, CORP WELFARE and the worlds largest most expensive prison system. The people are growing weary of watching our governments resources given away to private corps. Some people fear the current banking situation and feel there is a need to return the Glass–Steagall Act. before the next big crash.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Then vote for a true libertarian! Not only will you NOT find your tax dollars wasted on war, you'll see your taxes dramatically reduced because you won't be expected to take responsibility for 80 million Americans who refuse to take it for themselves. Sanders may MAY not use tax dollars on a war machine, but you can bet he's already got a voter on welfare to use the money to woo another vote from.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Democrats are fine. Cemeteries are a big blue voting block.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I bet you believe that welfare queens are real as well?? Only the far right believes this type of stuff. Not saying it never happened but I seriously doubt it happens today. But if you have facts and evidence to back it up please do offer it up.

Hasn't all the convictions for voter fraud going back for over a decade evenly divided between republicans and democrats?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

What a crock - 80 million Americans REFUSE to look after themselves?? People really believe this bravo sierra??

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Then vote for a true libertarian! Not only will you NOT find your tax dollars wasted on war, you'll see your taxes dramatically reduced because you won't be expected to take responsibility for 80 million Americans who refuse to take it for themselves. Sanders may MAY not use tax dollars on a war machine, but you can bet he's already got a voter on welfare to use the money to woo another vote from.

Can you provide a example? Libertarians get elected and do the things your stating?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Voter I.D. is free.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Democrats are fine. Cemeteries are a big blue voting block.

Yup.

And election time is great for the graveside flower delivery business.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: Aazadan

I bet you believe that welfare queens are real as well?? Only the far right believes this type of stuff. Not saying it never happened but I seriously doubt it happens today. But if you have facts and evidence to back it up please do offer it up.

Hasn't all the convictions for voter fraud going back for over a decade evenly divided between republicans and democrats?

Welfare queens are real, but their prevalence is overstated as is their impact.

Anyways I was just making a joke.

As far as voter fraud goes, in the types being talked about it's largely a boogeyman. The machines themselves are rigged most likely but on a local level there's no fraud taking place.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Can you provide a example? Libertarians get elected and do the things your stating?

Nope, I can't. America is too entrenched in the systemic cycle of redistributive handouts to have elected a Libertarian president. The cycle of cowardice and weakness within America must be broken before such a bold step is taken.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

What a crock - 80 million Americans REFUSE to look after themselves?? People really believe this bravo sierra??

You can't exactly blame children, so I intentionally shied away from the actual 110 million Americas on welfare number. I suppose, technically, you're right... the 80 million is bravo sierra and I should have been more genuine and said 110 million.

My bad.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join