It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism brainwashed this poor man into feeling bad about grilling

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Let me put an end to your ideas about women being pacifists.

Just go to YouTube. The examples of how much women are paragons of restraint and unwillingness to stoop to physical confrontation are legion.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

While I get that it's an example of your point that women aren't pacificists, I can't see how watching women beat each other senseless on YouTube is going to benefit anyone here.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche
It's pretty obvious to me that we are going through a Complete Cultural Breakdown. Goodbye good ol USA.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

My point is that we constantly get sold this GRRRL Power ideal that if only women ruled there would be no wars and it would all be sunshine and rainbows and unicorn farts.

But my point in this is to say that we women are no less violent than our male counterparts. All you have to do is go look around on YouTube and there are countless examples of women doing their level best to beat the snot out of each other ... just like any violent manly men.

Just because she's high class doesn't mean that someone like Kate Middleton is anymore or less immune to those impulses than I am or these women in the videos are. It just means she and I control them a lot better, but we still have them. And their ultimate expression still leads to what you see in those videos, same as it does with men.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
That guy needs to figure out who stole his testicles and retrieve them ASAP.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know. I did say about the women troops that could knock me out with a punch.

I think women having equal status is going to change human behaviour big time though. Surely you can see the changes are happening already, Men are being challenged left, right and centre and it is changing men.

I'm glad women have greater control of their lives. My mum was treated like dirt in that horrid old way of doing things. I am not the archetypal kind of grilling guy, never have been. Years ago the kind of guy I am was very rare. You would not believe how people used to treat me. I was beaten up many times, had rumours spread around about me being gay and totally misunderstood. That is why I can empathise with gay people. I've been on the receiving end of brutal male intolerance so I will not be sorry when it is #ing well gone.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

All men are being conditioned to feel bad about being a male. Because the first thing a guy is programed to do, is to check out all available breeding females, and if possible do everything he can do to breed. This is sexist and must be stamped out. In psychological experiments, which show where a female looks on encountering males, are covert looks at the crotch area. So they to under the present guise of feminism are too sexist. When everyone has got over this first contact approach then things can settle down. it appears that all mammals do it, when Dogs sniff, they are also checking for sexual availability. Stamping out things that are natures programs could be viewed as very anti green.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
I once heard a female stand up comedian (Wanda Sykes, maybe?) say men will grill because it "involves danger". I think it's kind of endearing.

(But about bacon. They like to eat the bacon but they don't like to fry the bacon, and anybody who has ever fried bacon knows it involves danger.) : )

If that's got any merit to it, then my husband is an extreme griller out for the adrenaline rush. He grills bacon, people. Grills it, open flame. I may have tried my hand at this, but hello grease fire seen from orbit! How he does it with minimal smoking is beyond me, but it's absolutely masterful. Well, I take that back, one time he grilled bacon, it went up in puff of heavy smoke -- he got distracted momentarily. Those poor bacons drifting away charred & flaky in the breeze. I think it wounded his pride a little
It still doesn't hold a candle to my fire-roasted charcoal brick burgers.

And the author of the article needs to ask who ever took his jewels to give them back. Wife, mother-in-law, who ever has them. The entire premise is a crappy cover for "I'm a wimp."

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I'm sure he has his tackle intact. Is that the mark of a man, Mr Macho, that he has testicles? In my book it takes more than a pair of those to make a decent man. I'll be glad to see barbaric, cave man, aggressive, bullying maledom consigned to the trash bin of history for sure. I'm your Nemesis mate. I'm here and there are millions like me now, men and women and all the colours in between, like it or not. Punches, guns, knives and kicks don't work through a pc screen so that can't try to shut me up any more. Brute force has lost its sting. Sting like a butterfly and float like a bee.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

You realize it's a figure of speech akin to "Grow a backbone", right?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm hungry now. I want some of Nyiah's charcoal grilled burgers next time you make some. sounds delicious.

and you are right this creatures a wimp. (almost called him a dude but forgot he lost his man privilages)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I don't understand the feminist movement but I'm a feminist I guess... just a label really.

I treat people with respect and I act like a man because I'm a man

I like to drink and grill if my girl wants to do the grilling then grab a beer and lets grill. wtf is wrong with our society when men can't act like men but we celebrate men wearing dresses(not that i care)

everything just seems so backwards these days

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I know! I wasn't hungry until Nyiah arrived! And now I'm thinking all those little charred bacon bits flying off in the wind would have been good on a nice salad. Nummies.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: Answer

I'm sure he has his tackle intact. Is that the mark of a man, Mr Macho, that he has testicles? In my book it takes more than a pair of those to make a decent man. I'll be glad to see barbaric, cave man, aggressive, bullying maledom consigned to the trash bin of history for sure. I'm your Nemesis mate. I'm here and there are millions like me now, men and women and all the colours in between, like it or not. Punches, guns, knives and kicks don't work through a pc screen so that can't try to shut me up any more. Brute force has lost its sting. Sting like a butterfly and float like a bee.

You sure extrapolated a whole load of BS from a single tongue-in-cheek statement.

Lighten up, Francis.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

you two sound like great grilling companions! ATS should have a virtual bbq or something. like we all pick a weekend to bbq and then upload the pics on a bbw thread. members can vote for who made the best dish from appearances and presentation. winner gets 500 stars.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The grill represents the patriarchal cage.

There's a great documentary called Chef's Table on Netflix if you get it. The Argentinian fellow is a must watch if you like cooking with fire. I see my life's calling.

Sadly if this article was satire, I fell for it. What else can we expect from media these days?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

the problem is that even if this is satire its not far from the way some people think currently

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

This interesting, my husband does whatever he feels like doing and I just seat and let him do it, the same way that I do whatever I want and he just seat there and let me do it.

So if a few men feel that they are becoming targets of feminism that is their fault to feel that way, because they are allowing that to happen.

Plain and simple, we humans are endowed with free will you know

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

It's definitely a satire of something.

Irony is great and all but it is the tool of those too fearful to speak their mind. That, to me, says a lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join