It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism brainwashed this poor man into feeling bad about grilling

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
How soon will it be before guys are commonly wearing pink and mesh/silk blouses and even dresses? Or maybe doing their nails or eyelashes?

Because isn't it the same mistake to assume that pink is feminine? Is grilling masculine? Are dresses and skirts and stockings feminine? Why do female clothes have to look different than male clothes?

Shouldn't we all be wearing the same clothes or at least trying to break down the gender stereotyping in clothing?

Obviously woman have breasts and different shoulder/hip ratios, so their clothes need to be altered, but other than that, there's no reason men can't wear dresses/etc or wear lots of pink or use makeup and nail polish.
edit on 23-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

I wish I saw your post before posting!

link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

It's about building a social media audience. If this guys writes a book, social media is today's best advertisement.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
I once heard a female stand up comedian (Wanda Sykes, maybe?) say men will grill because it "involves danger". I think it's kind of endearing.

(But about bacon. They like to eat the bacon but they don't like to fry the bacon, and anybody who has ever fried bacon knows it involves danger.) : )

Yeah, this guy needs to man-up. He's a mere shadow of his former grillerman self. What a Wuss! Stand up on yo hind legs and grill, man!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It's trolling. He admitted as much on his Tweetard feed.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: mahatche

Well if the man is grilling then what purpose does the woman have when shes in the kitchen....?

I'm totally joking before I get stoned to death....but its kind of this guys fault for feeling bad. Feminism is definitely going too far but it certainly hasn't changed how I behave...and for the record I think women and men are equal...that is why they should have to register for the draft.

Frankly I don't know what the feck he is on about. Put it this way, day and daily the missus does the, menuing and the cooking, then the Sun comes out and it's barby time

All that's needed thereafter is a steady hand from start to finish to make sure that all is cooked properly without all the kitchen trumpery, (I'll allow for a temperature gauge) with the bonus and delight of a charcoal grill. You could then argue that the kitchen is a den of infestation and contamination, while the barby is a killer of all things bad..as long as you get it right.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is like an Onion skit maybe SNL.

Could it be that the guy is just an idiot?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
I personally think feminism has become a tool to strip a man of his physique as it's 'threatening' to women.

Men ARE naturally stronger and more capable of physical carrying, weight lifting and hard labour than women are, and I suppose in a way this is threatening because, as a woman, if this thing loses control that's it, it's hammer time and the women will always lose (unless she's some martial arts champ), so to disarm the man before anything even kicks off (God only hopes it wont) feminists castrate men so badly that they don't feel they CAN stand up to a woman.

This is purely an off the cuff, poorly thought out response and I'm more playing with a notion, but at this moment in time, this is how I feel about it.

But what if evolution has other plans? Perhaps evolution has had enough of us destroying the earth the way we have? Perhaps slowly women will grow physically stronger, pick physically equal or weaker mates, before you know it women have become physically stronger. It could all be a nature survival tactic to stop all the wars and violence. The way things are the earth can't take much more of this. A stronger feminine side may lead us into a better balance with nature.

There are female troops and civilians in a certain land I know of who could knock me down with one punch. They are very big and strong. Is it a myth that women are less aggressive as a gender, sugar and spice and all things nice versus slugs and snails with puppy dog tails and all that? May be Supergirl will save the world after all. I hope so!

edit on 23-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Of course men can do as they like, but honestly I rather enjoy the differences between men and women most of the time. If I want to be with my girlfriends, I'll arrange to be with them. But sometimes, ya know, only a man will do.

edit on 7/23/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Or dude just jumped the shark on being a male feminist?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
on behalf of all men everywhere I hereby revoke his man card and have cast him from the tribe. Openings are now available for all males whether they be straight, gay or transgender (of either preference) just so long as they enjoy the simple human act of using a grill.

also since when is cooking on a grill exclusively a male attribute? There are a few women who enjoy it too.

feeling male guilt over being able to prepare and cook food over an open fire? what the he'll is wrong with this man.

also just revoked that cuckold losers man card too. I think the two should hang out they would probably be best friends.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Exactly; and, here we all are talking about a non issue. It worked.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This isn't feminism, it's BS. Feminism would be saying that women can and do enjoy grilling just as much as men. Which is very true. Real feminism is awesome, some of the new wave stuff is just bizarre, and anyone male or female that ascribes to it is an idiot.

Don't feel guilty for the things you enjoy just because they are traditionally masculine or feminine. If you like knitting doilies have at it. I'm not going to be shamed because I enjoy many traditionally masculine things, just as I wouldn't shame any women that enjoy them too. I get some of the issues some have with traditional gender roles, but to make someone feel guilty for something that they genuinely enjoy is ridiculous, and hypocritical. If you want to do away with gender roles, forcing people to feel bad about performing any of them, masculine or feminine is really just doing the same thing with an opposite end goal.

I personally think gender roles are fine sometimes. My girlfriend and I ascribe to a few traditional gender roles, I mow the lawn, take out the trash and grill (I keep trying to teach her, but she's scared of the propane). I mow the lawn because I like it, I take out the trash because I'm stronger than her and we have a super steep driveway, and I grill because I'm not scared of propane. None of this is because she's not capable, she's an amazing woman in every conceivable way, good at everything and physically fit. Sometimes certain things make more sense for the man to do, because men are typically going to be physically and mentally prone to certain tasks. If she loved mowing the lawn, we'd share the Toro.

-----

So as an aside, I want to share a story that was relayed to me when I was "old enough".

My Mom and one of her friends (happens to be my best friend's Mom) were having trouble starting the grill. Both are very smart, well educated, capable women, but just didn't know how. My Mom says "I don't get why guys always just know how to do this!". Her friend laughs and says "They have to be doing it with their dicks or something!".

Annnnd I just got the double entendre, 15 years later.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Feel guilty all you like, I'll grill to my manly heart's content.
Femnazis stay away from my grill!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Yes. Just yes. In healthy folks, that's how it is and how it should be. We do what makes sense.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
sad

a reply to: mahatche

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm going to sue my parents for birthing me in the most retarded era in human history.

irony intended

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I'm sorry, did you just say it's illegal to think something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join