It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes III

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
When you are facing a difficult task, the answer is often found in a single word, like "justice", or "honor", or "duty".
...Churchill

If you seek greatness, you may not find it. If you seek truth, you will find truth and greatness.
...Horace Mann

Go and sin no more.
...Jesus

I'd rather have my absence felt than my presence noticed.
...Unknown

Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.
...Larry Winget

Nobody has ever been a product of their environment or their circumstances. They're a product of their decisions.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Nobody has ever been a product of their environment or their circumstances. They're a product of their decisions.

Thats not true. Everybody is a product of the environment that was laid upon them from early on in life.

The mission, should we choose to accept it, is not become the world we were molded into. To wake up, and change our behaviors, making more humane decisions, now.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll keep getting what you're getting"
---SecretKnowledge ATS ---

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats not true. Everybody is a product of the environment that was laid upon them from early on in life.

The mission, should we choose to accept it, is not become the world we were molded into. To wake up, and change our behaviors, making more humane decisions, now.

If that were true, every kid from a broken home would be a drug addicted wife beater, and Evey child that grows up in a ghetto would be a gun toting crack selling thug.
Many of us are not the product of our environment.

That is a bs excuse used to rationalize errant behavior, and avoid accountability.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Are you arguing semantics?

I'd argue that the quote was meant to emphasize that two people can come from a similar environment, yet one may fail, while the other succeeds. Decisions are responsible. Not environment.

You stated this is not true. Explain it to me. Disprove the quote.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Your logic is uncontestable. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

"Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight
Why am I trying to see, when there ain't nothing in sight
Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try
Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die"

"You know it's funny when it rains it pours. They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor."

“I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.”

“There’s no way that Michael Jackson or whoever Jackson should have a million thousand droople billion dollars and then there’s people starving. There’s no way! There’s no way that these people should own planes and there people don’t have houses. Apartments. Shacks. Drawers. Pants! I know you’re rich. I know you got 40 billion dollars, but can you just keep it to one house? You only need ONE house. And if you only got two kids, can you just keep it to two rooms? I mean why have 52 rooms and you know there’s somebody with no room?! It just don’t make sense to me. It don’t.”

~Tupac Shakur

edit on 23-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join