It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they want to pull you over for wearing seatbelts and driving the speed limit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
this is a way to be able to pull anyone over at anytime

see a car with people who look "suspicious" but arnt doing anything obviously wrong?

pull them over with the excuse of giving them $10 bucks then "smell" something

search , arrest, repeat
edit on pm720153105America/ChicagoThu, 23 Jul 2015 17:12:23 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Prefer they go after people that aren't. People that are obeying the law don't need to see flashing lights in their mirror.

This is a poorly though out subjugation ploy.

Thank you officer, if I have a problem I'll_call_you.

Correct! I do everything within my power to avoid getting pulled over.
No speeding, no Dui, seat belts always, insurance and tags. This would be irritating!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Hm.

Seems like a way to scrape up some "probable cause" for a vehicle search.

Most law-abiding citizens rarely drive exactly at the speed limit anyway.

EDIT: And I'm not paying the police to be "cool" or "nice" and hand out gift cards. I'm paying them to protect my community and I. They ought to be patrolling around looking for obvious violations of the law or being sent on calls.

If they want to throw a BBQ for their community members that haven't had a traffic ticket or run in with the law on their off time -- go right ahead.

I like the BBQ idea; anything that forces the police to interact with the population besides costing them money.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
No one can ever do anything nice in this world anymore...just to be nice. So many critics. So much rage. Sigh....

So violating peoples rights and wasting their time is doing something nice now? Looks more like a soft gestapo tactic to me

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
We didn't mean anything by it, we just pulled you over.

No problem, next time I'll pull out a fake gun, how'd that be?

Don't bother LEOs responding to that stupid remark, yes, stupid as you pulling me over for no reason.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ha jokes on them, I never go the speed limit.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Let's just dispense with the pleasantries. The police are an existential threat to you and your family.

[snipped]
edit on Thu Jul 23 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Starbucks I hope. That would be about 2 Vintes. Bring it to Georgia....bout time I got rewarded for safe driving.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

This is such BS.

Sounds like an excuse to just pull people over w/o cause and just sniff out anything wrong. Wonder how many of these people will be black, or poor, in certain type cars, or fit a certain demographic (where they can sniff out something illegal). Smh

So, they pull you over because you're obeying the law and give you a gift card, etc.

Do they ask you for your license first, or just say "hey thanks for driving safely," here's a GC? I bet they ask for a license. I bet they snoop for anything they can. Interesting, if they don't have probable cause or reasonable suspicions (or a broken law) to pull you over, if they *do* spot something suspicious ("why're you so nervous?" "can I see your license" "what's that I smell" "have you been drinking") would that hold up in court since the stop was, essentially illegal?

Funny how the picture in the article is just like stupid advertisement: the woman pulled over is radiant, smiling, as the cop is being such a nice guy and talking to her also with a smile and about to hand her something.

This is crap. Sneaky, too.

ETA:

Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Me: Yes, because you're an A**hole.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Cops have done this before , I remember them pulling over people about a year ago and giving them ice cream.
It's just a public service campaign to show that they're not all bad...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

someone i was with was watching the show Alaska State Troopers and I saw them pull someone over because her SUV was "too clean", and the trooper thought that was suspicious.

edit on 7/23/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No one can ever do anything nice in this world anymore...just to be nice. So many critics. So much rage. Sigh....

Tell you what. Go and buy some brand new expensive sneakers for a kid who's just had both their legs amputated, and tell them to stop crying just because you're trying to do something nice. I mean, what kid wouldn't love some brand new expensive sneakers?

Most people obey the speed limit to avoid getting pulled over in the first place, even if they feel they could safely drive at a much higher speed. Pulling them over anyway is not "nice", it's counterproductive and a bit of a slap in the face.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

This is nothing more than a very flimsy excuse to conduct unreasonable searches. As if that wasn't bad enough, they want to "pay" tax payers $10 of tax payers' own money to violate their 4th Amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure.
edit on 2015-7-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What strange bitter people you lot have become

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
Yeah, I watch that show sometimes late at night-early morning when I can't sleep (stupid of me, as if watching LEO pull people for no reason is going to relax me..)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This pulling for no reason other than you are following the law is going to irritate some drivers, and most of us know how LEO respond to irritated citizens. I doubt very seriously they are doing this to be nice-let's be honest. Most cops aren't in the business of being nice.

It's a waste of time and money. Cops gets their coffee & donuts for free, as far as citizens..nothing is free. There's a reason for this, outside of their excuses.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

So violating peoples rights and wasting their time is doing something nice now? Looks more like a soft gestapo tactic to me

“The department’s goal is to reinforce safe driving habits and say a small thanks to our community,” said Mount Dora Deputy Police Chief Robert Bell.

A local dentist, Dr. Loyd Kiernan of Tooth Acres, donated $500 in start-up money for the program.

More like an evil plot by the dentist to drum up some business from sugary coffees. *eyeroll

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This is nothing more than a very flimsy excuse to conduct unreasonable searches. As if that wasn't bad enough, they want to "pay" tax payers $10 of tax payers' own money to violate their 4th Amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure.

Yes, and if we act non-compliant, what then I wonder.

ETA; I don't want your voucher for coffee-I'm running late-can I go now (as if we should need to ask)
Officer; Something to hide.. get out of the car (you refused an officer)
edit on 23-7-2015 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Tell you what. Go and buy some brand new expensive sneakers for a kid who's just had both their legs amputated, and tell them to stop crying just because you're trying to do something nice. I mean, what kid wouldn't love some brand new expensive sneakers?

Huh?

Don't quit your day job.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

What if his day job is making nonsense forum posts about expensive sneakers?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, if I were a resident of this crazy town I'd be down at the city council meeting asking some questions and distributing copies of the US Constitution. Someone needs to explain to these crazies that the law also applies to "law enforcement" and that part about "probable cause" has not been repealed. Does being in governmental service cause a severe drop in intelligence?
There is nothing "nice" about having a police officer wasting time pulling over people who have done nothing wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join