This is seemingly just beginning on Twitter and I couldn't find any news sources to be able to put this in the Breaking News forum. I assume here
would be the correct alternative forum.
Twitter is becoming increasingly active with #JusticeForSandraBland, and a seemingly suspicious image of an "unedited" mugshot showing the victim
The suggestion is that she was already deceased when her "mugshot" was taken.
I've attempted to confirm the validity of the image, but I can't seem to locate any information about where it came from or whether it is genuine or a
manipulation of the original.
However, several relevant questions are being asked about this, and several things are extremely suspicious about the "official" originally released
1. Other mugshots from that same jail have a different background, only hers has the one depicted, which is remarkably similar to the color of the
floor of her cell (claimed)
2. Her hair has fallen back from her face. We know from the video footage that her hair was long enough to fall over her forehead when standing.
3. The shadow in the "mugshot" seems to show her either laying down, or leaning right up against a wall with light coming from the left of the image
(her right), other mugshots from that jail do not show this. (claimed)
4. She is wearing an orange uniform, something not usually done when booking in at the time of the picture supposedly being taken.
5. The level of her shoulders seem to suggest a laying position, with clothing falling back, not a standing position with clothing hanging from the
6. It is claimed that the cheeks also suggest laying back rather than standing
In addition to the observations made about the photo, there are other problems with this case and the claims made by the police department.
1. Police claimed the cell was untouched when the photographs were taken of the interior for release, but there is clearly a trash can with a bag in
it. Clearly they replaced the bag she supposedly used to take her own life.
2. Sandra supposedly used a black trash bag, the one in the bin in the photo is white.
3. Sandra supposedly hung herself from the partition into the shower cubicle, a height of approximately 5 feet, Sarah was almost 6 feet tall.
I am willing to reserve judgment on the photo and its credibility. Anyone could have altered the original mugshot image to make it appear there had
been a "leak" of an alternative.
However, I cannot disagree with the observations about that released mugshot. It does indeed appear that she is laying down, and it does indeed appear
that her mugshot is entirely different to the mugshots taken of other detainees at that jail. Even the quality of the image is different, the format
of the frame, the lighting, the positioning of her body, the angle of her head... everything about that mugshot tells me she is not standing, she it
laying on the ground.
We have to consider that someone at that jail, or someone with access to that photo, may have released it to assist in gaining justice for her. I am
not entirely sold on that idea, but there is little doubt in my mind having seen that image that she was already deceased when her "mugshot" was
This, of course, means that there would need to be a wider conspiracy here, involving numerous individuals within that police department.
I have no links to share other than the current Twitter discussions, as it seems no one is reporting on this development yet.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)