It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Wondering if this is at all possible...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Under the Freedom of Information Act are we not supposed to be guaranteed the solid facts of anything and everything we want to know? That no magtter what question we ask, there can be no 'extending' of the truth in a fasion that would dissuade the actual truth of the notion...

I hereby ask, to anyone at ATS, why we cant just form a march to President Bush's office/house (or some other official still surviving from that era) and start demanding to know the truth?

Questions like "What was the US government trying to cover up at Roswell in 1947-49?"
-I mean there was a cover up for something, obviously. Weather balloons? High Altitude parachute testing? NOTHING happened at all? lol wtf

"Is there any form of extraterrestrial life, possibly here among human beings?"

Whatever you want to ask you are "guaranteed" the 'truth' of the question.

Maybe it's far-fetched, but I dont think I have the money to do any of this yet, though in the future, if it hasnt already been done and explained then I will personally try my hardest at this sort of thing..

I just would like to know if its at all any sort of possibility that is worth the time/money? Thanks

[edit on 28-12-2004 by shanerz]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The FOI (Freedom of Information Act) will give you info, that has been "declassified", but even that info, can and will contain "black outs" if it is considered to be a threat of national security

archive.aclu.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ok I read a little on that website you sent... lol it seems that we really do not have much of the freedom to information... they could and would say anything that we want to know would be of 'national security', hence denying us the right to the freedom of information..

Heres a little rant to the US government:

Hey, you expect this to be a democracy, when in fact we really have no knowledge over the topics of main concern in OUR country... The government gives out so much propaganda/motivation to get out and vote, as long as you are of legal age, yet they never really go into the topics that are IMPORTANT to OUR world today. Soon, Russia/UK/France/where ever - India? Pakistan? Iran? (who knows? who really gives a flyingfugg?) are going to discover and develop the same technology that you guys have, and then you going to come out and say you already have it, lessening the support of your own people.. possibly turning into Instability between the peoples and your so-called 'democracy'.

A democracy is not a council of people who know the secrets and make their decisions based on the vies of what? 12-15 peoples is it? A democracy is one where everyone, and i mean EVERYONE, gets to learn of the knowledge of every matter important to the nation/world and they would decide, by some sort of majority, on the best course of the Issue. This has never happened in US history, and until anyone proves this statement wrong, I stand by it firmly.

Maybe I'm wrong and my views are quite bogus, but I always thought that a good society was one where the people actually count... Our democracy sounds a lot like a Dictatorship, when you take in regard the number of citizens who dont know #, and the number of "officials" who actually make the decisions around here.

I guess that just needed to come off my chest.. I hate the fact that any person on this planet should be denied any form of knowledge, thats BS. But then again, maybe it is for the best of the world right now, who knows?

If anyone has anything to say in reply, feel free.. Shun it if you like, My views are no more important than anyone elses

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I hereby ask, to anyone at ATS, why we cant just form a march to President Bush's office/house (or some other official still surviving from that era) and start demanding to know the truth?

Because the answer will be...

"I'm sorry, but I cannot disclose that for the purposes of National Security."

We'd have learned nothing, and would be out some gas money....

The FOIA isn't to guarantee we have access to everything...only that we can request documents that have been (or should have been) declassified. Often, when requesting such on Roswell, researchers are constantly getting "file missing" as a response.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I guess i do understand that as well, and I guess I was just hoping that todays society could be far beyond that, though i should know better than that i guess.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Society is, but the government isn't...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz
Ok I read a little on that website you sent... lol it seems that we really do not have much of the freedom to information... they could and would say anything that we want to know would be of 'national security', hence denying us the right to the freedom of information..

Heres a little rant to the US government:

Hey, you expect this to be a democracy, when in fact we really have no knowledge over the topics of main concern in OUR country... The government gives out so much propaganda/motivation to get out and vote, as long as you are of legal age, yet they never really go into the topics that are IMPORTANT to OUR world today. Soon, Russia/UK/France/where ever - India? Pakistan? Iran? (who knows? who really gives a flyingfugg?) are going to discover and develop the same technology that you guys have, and then you going to come out and say you already have it, lessening the support of your own people.. possibly turning into Instability between the peoples and your so-called 'democracy'.

A democracy is not a council of people who know the secrets and make their decisions based on the vies of what? 12-15 peoples is it? A democracy is one where everyone, and i mean EVERYONE, gets to learn of the knowledge of every matter important to the nation/world and they would decide, by some sort of majority, on the best course of the Issue. This has never happened in US history, and until anyone proves this statement wrong, I stand by it firmly.

Maybe I'm wrong and my views are quite bogus, but I always thought that a good society was one where the people actually count... Our democracy sounds a lot like a Dictatorship, when you take in regard the number of citizens who dont know #, and the number of "officials" who actually make the decisions around here.

I guess that just needed to come off my chest.. I hate the fact that any person on this planet should be denied any form of knowledge, thats BS. But then again, maybe it is for the best of the world right now, who knows?

If anyone has anything to say in reply, feel free.. Shun it if you like, My views are no more important than anyone elses

My feelings are the same as yours. I too would like to know what is really going on, unfortunately, we do not live in a democracy. We live in a Constitutional Rebublic. A democracy would allow every member of the population the freedoms of direct input with the governing body, our system alllows that, but only through those that we elect to make the decisions for us.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well, at LEAST we are getting closer to FREEDOM.. lol maybe thats a good way for those who agree to look at it? lol,

its still BS, in all reality, though.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
There is another way. Get rich. The wealthier the circles you mix in the more interesting the knowledge shared.

Look around ats and you don�t have to bother with FOI, read between the lines and have a look at some of the good opinions and arguments which have gone on here and you'll have some idea. The guys that run this site know pretty much what happened, they wont come out and say it you have to read up on who's who at ats, and join up the dots.

You want to know something for free. I have been reading ats alien threads for quite a while now, and now and again the question comes up "what do you believe". 99% of the time the mods will say they believe we are not alone in the universe but we have never been visited. Im my twisted mind i believe there trying to tell us something.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
kode hit the ail on the head. Ol Billy Boy Gates is not on the NWO/Bilderberg invite list because he's nice guy or a great speaker - it because he's the richest nerd on the planet....

Get on P. Allens new 400+ foot yacht Octopus and maybe Bill will loosen up after a few drinks after the entertainment's performs (strippers....)!! Friggen thing has an enclosed hangar for the helicopter on board and rumor is there's a personal sub and 30-40 tender in the onboard tender slip!!

[edit on 28-12-2004 by UofCinLA]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Honestly though, even a cursory look through the FOIA reading room (Unusual Phenomena, Unidentified Flying Objects), and you'll see that actually, the government HAS admitted to extra-terrestrial visitation...they simply haven't done a press conference on it!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
In adition to the FOIA you or a groop you are with can write your representivites to disclose what has not been disclosed. Or ask a canadate to do the same thing. Should a canadate take office there might be a slightly greater chace he will tell the groop what info was disclosed, even if that info was nothing. But then again, if you want to belive in the shadow Gov, all these efforts, including the march, may still prove usless.

new topics

top topics

join