It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of Protesters Rally In Times Square Against Iran Nuclear Deal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh I'm terribly sorry. I missed out the fact you also want to put sanctions on Saudi Arabia and ban middle eastern oil, along with putting sanctions on China. This is your solution to the matter with Iran. Ok, noted.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

One violation would do it but I'll throw in the whole kit and caboodle. There's no creation date I can find on the site but there are more violations regarding child prostitution etal.

On Disarmament and Weapons of Mass Destruction:

Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT)
Date of Ratification: 3/5/1970
Commitments: The NPT seeks to “prevent the spread of nuclear weapons and weapons technology, to promote cooperation in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy and to further the goal of achieving nuclear disarmament and general and complete disarmament.” Under the terms of the treaty, “Each non-nuclear-weapon State party to the Treaty undertakes to accept safeguards, as set forth in an agreement to be negotiated and concluded with the International Atomic Energy Association.”

Violations: For years, Iran has violated the terms of the NPT by illicitly developing its nuclear program without consulting the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). In response to heightened international pressure, Iran eventually declared parts of its nuclear program in 2003, although the announcement was shrouded in misinformation regarding past nuclear activities. Iran further blocked IAEA access to requested sites. Despite multiple UN Security Council Resolutions condemning Iran and levying sanctions, Tehran has continued on its path of non-compliance, failing to meet crucial, mutually-agreed deadlines with the IAEA.

Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and their Destruction
Date of Ratification: 11/3/1997
Commitments: To refrain from developing, acquiring and using nuclear weapons and to safely dispose of any and all existing chemical weaponry

Violations: Although Iran claims to have terminated its chemical weapons program after the Iran-Iraq War, U.S. intelligence maintains that Iran has since held onto its chemical agents and accelerated its program. In 2001, U.S. General Tommy Franks said that Iran remained the “holder of the largest chemical stockpile” in his area of responsibility. Today, Iran stands accused of aiding the Syrian regime in its development of chemical weapons, and arming Bashar al-Assad with chlorine bombs and rocket launchers that have been used to fire rockets with chemical agent warheads. Iran has staunchly supported the Assad regime in the face of its gross human rights violations and chemical weapons deployment.

On Diplomatic and Consular Relations:

Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations
Date of Ratification: 2/3/1965
Commitments: to maintain and respect the binding laws that govern diplomatic missions to a host country

Violations: The Iranian regime consolidated its power through flagrant violation of the Convention’s provisions during the 1979-1981 Iran Hostage crisis. During the crisis, the American embassy in Tehran was violently seized and 52 Americans were held hostage for 444 days. Since then, Iran has continued to flout the safeguards for international diplomacy set out in the Vienna Convention. In October 2011, an Iranian plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the United States was uncovered by American authorities. Only a month later, in November 2011, a regime-sponsored mob stormed the British embassy in Tehran.

On Terrorism:

International Convention Against the Taking of Hostages
Date of Accession: 11/20/2006
Commitments: To prohibit and punish the taking of hostages

Violations: The Iranian regime has a long history of hostage taking, beginning with the 1979 Iran Hostage Crisis and followed by the 1982-1992 Lebanon Hostage Crisis. Since 2007, Iran has imprisoned more than ten American citizens on trumped-up charges including Robert Levinson, who is now considered the longest held U.S. hostage in history. Levinson has not been publicly seen or heard from since his disappearance and reported abduction from Iran’s Kish Island.

On Human Rights:

The International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
Date of Ratification: 8/29/1968
Commitments: To eliminate racial discrimination in all its forms in the world, outlaw hate speech and criminalize racist organizations

Violations: The Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination has expressed concern over the rights of Arab, Azeri, Baloch and Kurdish communities, and notes that Iran’s controversial “gozinesh” laws infringe on the rights of these communities to access equal employment and participate in Iranian political life. In addition to domestic prejudice, the Iranian government also celebrates “Quds Day,” an annual national holiday in which rallies are held calling for hostilities against Israel and the liberation of Palestine. “Death to Israel” is a common chant at the rallies, often accompanied by “Death to America.” The rhetoric frequently slides into overt anti-Semitism, including characterizations of Zionism as a cosmic evil and statements denying the Holocaust.

International Covenant on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights
Date of Ratification: 6/24/1975
Commitments: To ensure non-discrimination and equal rights for men and women in all economic, social and cultural spheres; to protect labor rights, the right to education, and adequate standards of living for all individuals

Violations: The right to unionize is not respected in Iran, and union activists like Reza Shahbi are currently serving years-long sentences. Iranians also face cultural repression with the attempted ban of traditional Persian celebrations. Women in Iran suffer from discrimination under Iran’s mandatory dress code, and men also have the power to prohibit their wives from entering employment. Virtually all Iranian minorities suffer from codified discrimination under Iran’s 1985 “gozinesh” laws, which call for allegiance to Iranian State religion in exchange for public sector employment rights. The Baha’i, who are subject to limited access to education, mass imprisonment, and systematic persecution, are one of the most persecuted minorities in Iran. This repression is ingrained in Iran’s Constitution, with Iranian leaders frequently inciting hatred against the Baha’i as government-led media continues to disseminate anti-Baha’i propaganda.

www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Ah, so 30 year old stuff and the hostages from 2006.

Got it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
These are more violations, not just regarding nuclear.

The Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide
Date of Ratification: 8/14/1956
Commitments: To safeguard national, ethnic, racial and religious groups from the threat of genocide

Violations: One of the crimes listed under the treaty is “direct and public incitement to genocide,” which Iranian leaders have routinely and explicitly violated. Iranian leaders have openly called for genocide against the Israeli people by seeking to “wipe Israel off the map,” and supplemented their rhetoric with sponsorship of terrorist groups similarly committed to genocidal ends. Iran’s gross violations of the treaty constitute a crime against humanity under international law. Canadian MP Irwin Cotler has sought to indict President Ahmadinejad on charges of incitement to genocide.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Now 60 years ago.

Should we looking into the states human rights violations in '56?

edit on rdThu, 23 Jul 2015 20:59:52 -0500America/Chicago720155280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Also irrelevant to whether this deal allows Iran to have nuclear weapons or not - I'm still going with "nose/face", and "Baby/bathwater".

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul
Which are exactly what is going on.

Iran is like the 'bad guy' in movies that needs to be caught at all cost because he/she will kill anyone they see but keeps leaving people alive.

I say that because all we hear is they want to death to america and israel at all cost but yet, when was the last time either was attacked by Iran?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson stopped making payments to the Barbary Pirates.

Dunno who started it back up, but "foreign aid" might be a good cover.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Thomas Jefferson stopped making payments to the Barbary Pirates.

Dunno who started it back up, but "foreign aid" might be a good cover.

Thomas Jefferson restarted them - or at least the US paid ransoms again in 181806 hen he was Pesident still...but apparently paying ransoms was acceptable when paying tribute wasn't.....!

Payments finally stopped in 1815 under Madison

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Thanks for the correction.

Maybe it started again, but they call it "foreign aid" now.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

WE have been at war for the last decade with them. Guess who was helping fill those body bags ? That would be IRAN.

You mean in the nations that we invaded? In nations that never attacked America?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Swills

Everyone, idiots included, can protest but that doesn't make them right.

#KKK
#westborochurch

Everyone has the right to protest in THIS country . And the right to not be called an idiot or names because they do. I will defend your right to state your opinion , but not your right to call others names because you do not agree...Peace

So you don't support the first amendment? They are basing their protests from lies that are being told about this deal. If a person is going to protest about something it's a good idea to least know what you are protesting about.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well this thread got trolled thoroughly.

Israel,KKK,WBC, and obviously everyone who dislikes Iran must be a 'idiot'.

No just people that blindly believes a politician that is a proven liar.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Yeah you say all those things about Israel and neglect to mention that Israel has been attacked by Arab countries since '46-'47.

Please give me a source for that, in case you want to start a discussion about it. But please, don't forget the haganah and irgun terrorists.

I guess if I had the same kind of history I wouldn't be so quick to give up the weapons that are keeping from being wiped off the map.

So Israel does have nukes. For where I stand, the one who wants to wipe the other's, is Israel, not the way around...Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Iran (preemptive strikes, anyone!?) ... Violations of UN security council resolutions (Israel is the top nation violating international law)

But you go on being an anti-semite if it makes you feel any better about your life.

the anti-semite dogma is absurd! there is no anti.. there is a pro- human rights, pro- abiding international law...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer
Are the local CVS stores burned out yet?

What is with your constant racist remarks in every thread, regardless of the subject matter?

Would you please try to keep your KKK bs inside your own pillow case hood and leave the rest of us decent people in peace?
Thanks, much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The right wing in the US seem incapable of reading English and comprehending the subject like normal people. But then I guess a "protest" like this is designed by Israel to ignore reality entirely and encourage the view that many in the US even give a damn about this issue.

Most Americans don't understand the agreement, have never read any of it, have no clue what it's about and really don't care.

Those protesting against it are a minority of idiots with a political Axe to grind. They would be out there protesting anything Israel or their Republican leaders told them to protest.

The fact is, this deal furthers diplomacy, it furthers Iran's ability to provide cleaner energy to its people, and it prevents the development of Nuclear weapons.

If Israel and the right wingers in Washington don't want to understand that and comprehend the arrangement like normal, sensible, rational adults, then let them throw their bs around and embarrass themselves. They're not doing themselves any favors and handing a victory to Obama and common sense.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Maybe Iran should of followed Israel and produced a nuclear program in secret.
Foreign policy is so much easier when you lie.
This just seems as more double standards from the US and "allies" we can have bombs and guns because we are the good guys?
Only one country has used WMD`s on massive population centers you can argue that it brought ww2 to an end but a blockade of ports would of had same result.
When was the last time Iran invaded a country?

To say Iran selling weapons is a reason for invasion is a short cut to thinking US weapons are used to kill people around the world every day. Does that mean other countries should be looking to stop the industrial war machine and invade the US?
Nestle with support from the IDF make sure that water is a luxury item for Palestinian people. That has the potential to kill more than weapons, I appreciate you are bias to the opinion you have posted but its hardly a balanced debate on hypocrisy alone the point is easily taken apart.
But as you said "Like those protestors I have a very low opinion of Iran, but they are not the only country in the middle east I have a low opinion of"
Its hard to debate against hate so its up to you but this will only end one way.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: neo96
Well this thread got trolled thoroughly.

Israel,KKK,WBC, and obviously everyone who dislikes Iran must be a 'idiot'.

No just people that blindly believes a politician that is a proven liar.

Talking about Obama again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join