It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the peculiar christian reaction to homosexuality .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I think you have an incorrect perception of Christianity. No doubt this may have come about from some Christians you may have met in the past. A Christian's job as commissioned by God is to love one another. God's job is to judge what He feels is right or wrong. I agree with you that one sin seems to be just as bad as another in as far as I can tell. Just because I leave it up to God to judge doesn't make it OK. You can read the Bible to find out how he feels. When you die He will judge you. If that worries you then you might want to learn about Christianity. If it doesn't worry you then you might go to Hell. Good luck on your decision.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TrueBrit

All that mostly true, but remember, that very same Christ who spent all the time ministering to the sinners also admonished them to "go and sin no more."

So there is also a fine line between showing love and acceptance which we should do and also calling out sin to remind each other to "go and sin no more" because we all of us fall short of the mark.

I have to wonder in todays world and what we see each day how many make it a day past committing this one?

"But I say to you that whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."? (Matt. 5:28)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

and christians abstain from sin ?????????????????????

REALLY ??????????????????????

i could put this more diplomatically but :

dead men dont suck cock

pretty much sums it up

but its true - and that goes for everyone else too - i have never caught a corpse eating prawns
either

i might suggets at this point that you actually aquaint yourself with christian doctrine on forgiveness / redemption

hint - the bit about when you die is a crucial clause

Seriously dude, what the hell are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

And in personal, actual life, the practice looks far different than here where we discuss.

People come here to discuss and get the truth. You are perfectly welcome to keep your opinions close to your vest same as I would in polite, face to face company. But here, people ask, so I give the truth. It's there. Those are what the teachings are.

I am not going to tell someone they're going to hell because they sin. No one has to and that's the plain truth. The only person who will go to hell is the unrepentant. And if a person winds up in hell, it's through their own choices, not because of anything God did or didn't do. He forgives, but you have to meet Him halfway.

And no one knows for sure where they are going until they get there. Only He knows that one.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Thank you! Much I am learning today.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Oh, that one's easy to avoid.

I'm assuming Jesus would probably consider looking on hunky men to be just as true though. And that one is much stickier for me.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Revolution9

Thank you! Much I am learning today.

You're most welcome. Me, too, great to keep learning. Big respect!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
homosexuality is gross and wrong IN MY OPINION. It may or may not be a sin but it is certainly an abomination to witness erm them attempting to procreate. At least in my opinion. If i were to walk into a room of 2 gay dudes go at it without any covers i would be scarred for life. And no amount of political correctness will ever change that.

So again in my humble opinion i think Christians deserve +1 for their campaign against Gays.

Can't force this straight male to not be uncomfortable or nauseous if i happen to see it.

Why would you walk into that room? What if it was your parents? What if it was 2 females?

They deserve a +1 for exactly what? Imagining what happens in other people's bedrooms and not liking what they imagine?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

They deserve a +1 for exactly what?

^^THAT^^

I was too exhausted from all the recent sniping to bring it up for a challenge, though.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Isnt' there a bible quote, something about beam & speck in the eye....

Ah.... here we go:

…2"For in the way you judge, you will be judged;

and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

4"Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?…

Matthew 7:2-4

biblehub.com...

A common religious failing. Perhaps why Jesus preached on it....

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I am not going to tell someone they're going to hell because they sin. No one has to and that's the plain truth. The only person who will go to hell is the unrepentant. And if a person winds up in hell, it's through their own choices, not because of anything God did or didn't do. He forgives, but you have to meet Him halfway.

And no one knows for sure where they are going until they get there. Only He knows that one.

And where (in the new testament please) does it say that 'the unrepentant will go to hell'.

In fact I don't think hell is mentioned in the Gospels. Hmmm - have to look it up....

Okay - I found it ---

Woes to Scribes and Pharisees
…32"Fill up, then, the measure of the guilt of your fathers.

33"You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

34"Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes;

some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city,…

Matthew 23:32-34

A tricky passage to be sure - but not about the unrepentant, but about the hyprocrite.
edit on 23-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Can we go a week without someone bashing the Bible or someone using it to bash someone else please.

This is becoming so horrendously tedious. It's like discussing something ad-infinitum and all that's left is petty insults and poop flinging because everyone's already said their piece!

PACK IT IN.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
Is Killing sin?

It 's the Queers they should hang not the flag

But they do it because they love you!

Remember, they aren't killing you, they're killing your sin.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
God condemned it for Jews to practice it.

However under the new testament if is a form of judgement because men (whether child or adult, male or female) hold the truth of God in Unrighteousness.

here is the text

Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 ¶ Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I am a Christian and am perfectly fine with the gays and lesbians. I think its wrong how Christian judge and label when being a Christian means to be accepting an to nt judge others. Ive heard fellow Christians say that homosexuality is against Gods will and that they are being persuaded by satin , but in my personal experience, so of the kindest people I have met are gay and lesbian. These people also hold God close to their hearts. a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

It may or may not be a sin but it is certainly an abomination to witness erm them attempting to procreate.

Is this something you have witnessed often? Interesting, your post.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Only those who "accept Jesus as their personal Savior" will be forgiven for all that sin, past and future, being spared (saved) on 'Judgement Day'.

That's not all Christians, just those who follow a particular kind of Protestant doctrine, known as 'justification by faith'. It is not part of Roman Catholic, Orthodox or establishment Anglican doctrine.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Sexual activity outdoors... is not a behaviour exclusive to homosexual persons, not in the least.

You can say that again, mate.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: intrptr

Only those who "accept Jesus as their personal Savior" will be forgiven for all that sin, past and future, being spared (saved) on 'Judgement Day'.

That's not all Christians, just those who follow a particular kind of Protestant doctrine, known as 'justification by faith'. It is not part of Roman Catholic, Orthodox or establishment Anglican doctrine.

Jesus is the "savior" in all those doctrines, too.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think it is basically that while a proper Christian would correctly see all of those things you listed as sins (adultery, thieving, etc), they will view these things as only sinful actions. Often multiple time things but still actions that only happen for a limited duration at once. I.e. people making any mistakes we all make.

However, i feel Christians like this literallu view homosexuals a sin themselves.
If i steal, i commited a sin. If that guy is homosexual, they are a sin to humanity.

As harsh as that is and against my views, i think that is why. Just my opinion of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join