It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: You be FAIR to Me or I'll Run as an Independent!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Before Trump got in I was rooting for Hillary. And I'll tell you why.....

Slight majority of Republicans in the House + Senate + Hillary = GRIDLOCK
Which is the best we can hope for. They'll NEVER repeal Obamacare, no matter how many times they promised.
They only try when they know they can't. We need to turn the tables on THEM, we need to divide THEM like they try to divide US. Then we can be safe. Kind of hard to get all the previously divided citizens on board with that, we are so used to fighting about this BS.....
Maybe a couple more election cycles and you'll all be as cynical as me and we can engineer GRIDLOCK.

Trump is full of CRAP, but he's full of a different kind of crap. He's full of his own crap, the rest of the field is full of crap they rent space to. And it's been this way for a LONG time. Maybe he can change things for the better, or at least get the others to try for once.

Trump has something to say about immigration, gets some ink and a LOT of criticism, and today some piece of legislation gets passed (not all the way, but started) that they call the Trump bill or whatever. And the guy isn't even elected or nominated, but they are already passing stuff in response. So maybe.....

I could be convinced to shelve my cynicism for ONE (1) more election. If he's nominated, we'll have him or GRIDLOCK anyway. Not that it matters what I think, since I'm in electorally blue NY.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: grandmakdw
What no one is saying, or should I say believing is that Trump will also get a lot of Democratic votes.

Not a lot. Four points max. But he would get SOME of her votes. He'd get 20 points from Jeb, though.

And how is he going to pull a substantial amount from Hillary with his conservative positions, regardless what he's done in the past? Democrats aren't going to vote for someone who espouses the positions that he currently does. And if he changes them, he loses the conservative support.

What you and other Democrats are failing to see is that the majority of Democratic voters are lower class to quite poor and not very politically aware. There are two basic camps of Democrats, the very rich Hollywood crowd and intelligentsia who are politically aware, and then the poor and lower class who vote the way they are told on TV to vote by the media.

The Democrats laugh off Trump as only a Republican problem at their own peril.

I have showed earlier that the majority of TV watchers are
lower class, poor, and I was surprised to find the stats said
more blacks watch TV then whites. They are not politically aware
and easily influenced by TV. Trump has a very Presidential
TV persona.

As long as the Democrats don't see Trump as a threat to them,
he has a better chance to come in and wisk away votes
from the politically unaware base who watch little news
(see the stats and articles)
but are quite familiar with Trumps TV persona, which is
quite compelling.

I know the Dems are in denial, but they should come
out from under a rock and face the music and wake
up to the very real threat that Trump could be to them,
especially if he breaks away from the Republican party
and goes independent.

As long as the intelligentsia of the Democratic party
takes Trump's threat with a grain of salt and as a joke
they remain at risk of losing the votes of the base
of the poor, lower class and black voters.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

What you and other Democrats are failing to see is that the majority of Democratic voters are lower class to quite poor and not very politically aware.

Thanks kaykay. Best laugh I've had all day! YEEEE- HAAAAA!

ETA: Oh wait! I just realized what you are saying! Democrats are Black; Hispanic; on Welfare, and are so uneducated they can't read or comprehend politics! Gotcha K! Can't believe I missed the insinuation! You just keep on keepin' on with all your ridiculous tripe!

and goes independent.

So, it has yet to dawn on you that his running as an Independent hurts no one but other Republican candidates? Ralph Nader. Think Ralph Nader. : )
edit on 7/23/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
As neither a democrat or republican i find this whole thing utterly hilarious. The conservatives are absolutely losing their minds over this.

Perhaps this is good, it will make them be able to fool themselves a lot shorter time that a GOP candidate will ever be president again.

Seriously, i think the republicans are simply dyinh way quicker than they are being born. Whatcha gonna do?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If Trump runs as an Independent, that will guarantee a Democratic POTUS.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

What you and other Democrats are failing to see is that the majority of Democratic voters are lower class to quite poor and not very politically aware. There are two basic camps of Democrats, the very rich Hollywood crowd and intelligentsia who are politically aware, and then the poor and lower class who vote the way they are told on TV to vote by the media.

Sometimes, the ignorance and reality denial are simply stunning.

Every metric, every poll, every known measurement disagrees with the summation above.

Here's one of the most recent and most clear: A Deep Dive into Party Affiliation

Overall identification between those who identify as Democrats and Republicans: 48% D 39% R

The measure of White people: 40%D 49%R

Here's the breakdown between groups:

The fastest growing "group" in America are independents. That doesn't mean those people would all vote for Trump.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

What you and other Democrats are failing to see is that the majority of Democratic voters are lower class to quite poor and not very politically aware.

I am not, nor have I ever been, a Democrat. But, that's a great way to start my day! Thanks for that! LOL!

Trump has a very Presidential TV persona.

(Insert stupid picture of The Donald)

And the laughs keep coming! LOL!

I say go ahead and vote for the biggest 1 percenter you can find! It's going to be a great show!
edit on 7/24/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

If Trump runs as an independent, that will guarantee another POS POTUS. Actually, doesn't matter what party gets in.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: Leonidas

If Trump runs as an independent, that will guarantee another POS POTUS. Actually, doesn't matter what party gets in.

I don't think the Donald would make a good president, but I think its not a bad thing for him to run as an independent and bring some more focus to a third party.

The two party system has done nothing but polarize issues to make people decide things on party lines versus common sense. With his unfiltered mouth and loud mouth tactics he could wake up some people to how the two party system hasn't fixed anything within the last several decades for the common man.

The two party system as explained by Einstein

edit on 41731America/ChicagoFri, 24 Jul 2015 08:41:16 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I have a feeling if trump does that, Theyll run Paul........

IMHO thats their only recourse to maybe win, if the Trojan horse that is Trump, goes independent.......

There are too many low information voters out there that will vote Trump, just because he says "Good Stuff" and "agrees with things"

Not that he actually has any policies .........nono.....but , look shiney!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

They might win with Paul, but I seriously doubt it. Would be a lot more interesting election though.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

They might win with Paul, but I seriously doubt it. Would be a lot more interesting election though.

I know , its gonna be tough either way......whatever scenario im not sure Trump will come out in the wash...

I still say that he will get destroyed in the debates.....

Right now hes free to say whatever he wants, without someone standing right next to him challenging him with facts...

As "honest" as everyone thinks he is, the guy isnt articulate enough, or quick on his feet enough, to handle that situation.....

Mainly his responses are "Well im Trump, Im richer than you, youre an idiot......Did I mention im Trump?"

And that kind of retort wont do well in real debates where facts and policies actually come into play lol
edit on 7/24/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: grandmakdw

Thanks kaykay. Best laugh I've had all day! YEEEE- HAAAAA!

ETA: Oh wait! I just realized what you are saying! Democrats are Black; Hispanic; on Welfare, and are so uneducated they can't read or comprehend politics! Gotcha K! Can't believe I missed the insinuation! You just keep on keepin' on with all your ridiculous tripe!

and goes independent.

So, it has yet to dawn on you that his running as an Independent hurts no one but other Republican candidates? Ralph Nader. Think Ralph Nader. : )

No need to argue. Get ready for another dose of propaganda, because unless your a Republican your just an unintelligent minority that watches to much television and believe reality shows portray their real lives. I just gave up replying to that poster after the insults and I'm not even affiliated with a Party.
edit on 24-7-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

There is no way the powers that be will allow Bernie to be elected.

I think someone said the exact same thing about Obama back in 2008. Deja vu anyone?

It will be Hilary and Jeb no matter how much you might want to pretend the election process isn't fixed.

Yeah right!

Jeb thinks the answer to our economic inequality problem is for workers to work longer hours and become more productive and now wants to eliminate Medicare, while Hillary's trustworthiness ratings are going down faster than McCain's jet did after being hit over Viet Nam.

Sounds like a couple of "shoe-ins" for sure!

I would vote for Trump over Hilary, Bernie, Jeb or any of the other undesirable main-stream candidates.

Bernie is about as mainstream as Ron Paul, just without the "crazy element." You may want to take a closer look at his record.

By all means though, don't let me influence your decision in any way. You go ahead and vote for Trump, we're banking on it!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have a confession: I can't believe that Democrats are supporting Hillary so (apparently) overwhelmingly.

She's a corporatist and a war-monger, and she doesn't have to get elected to prove these things.

We do need so desperately some third, fourth, and fifth party candidates ... so badly.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think these numbers may be a bit off. I know quite a few people that turn on their TVs just for the ambient noise benefit. Some people can't even sleep if their TV is not on. It doesn't mean they are watching it.

Look at the number of Echo Boomers there are in relationship to Boomers, Xers and Millenials. The oldest of the Echo Boomers are in their mid thirties. They are almost all well educated. Why are they being overlooked?

I don't think they are. I think it is just more of the look where I tell you to look, believe what I tell you to believe kbull crap in play.

If we want something different, we have to start doing something different.

We can start by waking up. Damn smelling the coffee, it just hiding the odor of the BS.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

What the poll numbers I linked above?

Well, that's mostly to refute the ignorance stated in this thread that "all Democrats are either poor, ethnic minorities or West Coast media elitists."

The really important part of that article that I linked, supported by more and more evidence, is that those people describing themselves as Independent now far outnumbers either Democrats (2nd in line) or Republicans (3rd in line).

The right-wing media chamber has brainwashed the faithful into believing that they are in the vast majority of Americans. Notice the shock and awe when Romney didn't win in 2012.

The death of both incarnations of the parties is underway. It can't happen soon enough for me. I just hope it doesn't result in a "Reign of Terror" as the new replaces the old.

History, however, is not on the side of that hope.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

they did the same thing with Jeb Bush........

Showed all this polling and all this coverage about how hes the Golden child of the GOP and how hes number 2 or 1 in the polls etc.......

And yet I dont know a SINGLE person in all my networks of friends, be it Music, Church, Work, Bar Mates, face book, NOT ONE who was even considering voting for him...not even in this small podunk town im living in, literally its all farmers and ranchers here, gun toting church goers, not one Jeb fan....

..thats A LOT OF PEOPLE, still I understand a microcasm of the bigger picture...

Point is , theres no way what they were saying was true
edit on 7/24/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Trump has the GOP by the dangly bits.

At the rate things are going, The GOP/RNC is best off giving Trump the nomination and hoping for the best. Otherwise, he'll run Independent and basically assure a Dem win.

ETA: And people still insist he's not a shrewd businessman. If he can, in the span of one month, absolutely take control of the GOP process... Imagine what he'd do in office.

I hope he gets nowhere near the Oval office. I'll say that now. But... Still, there's that morbid curiosity that has me wondering "what if".

I agree with your assessment. Unfortunately if the Donald appears to be heading down the Independent trail approaching next November, TPTB will ensure he meets an untimely demise. They most likely will concoct a setup where the threat against him by recently escaped cartel head "El Chapo" Guzman is carried out. He is throwing a monkey wrench into their desired Hillary-Jeb dream matchup.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

How can anyone even consider voting for Jeb? He's even less charismatic than his brother. Everything I've heard out of his mouth is out of left field, ie., doesn't make any sense even in light of normal Republican talking points.

Heck, if it weren't for the standard positions of pro-god,anti-science, anti-education, anti-infrastructure on the part of the current Republican incarnation (I really don't mean to be offensive, that's just how I see things) I'd be voting Republican this time if Hillary were my only choice.

But which of these guys could I vote for, even so? Maybe Rubio because he's ... well, kinda hot? LOL.

That's no reason to vote for a President.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join