It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything WAS already Organic...Before we came along and screwed it up!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Let me get this wrapped around my brain....Help me understand something....Long before man invented "organic" growing, wasn't everything already "organic"?

Isn't it a bit ironic? Now, we have screwed up the crop system that wasn't broken to begin with and have decided that we have to fix it?

This is how messed up this world is.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

No. Everything was organic before they started using industrial solvents, chemicals in pesticides and fertilizers, irradiation, growth hormones and antibiotics. Using these makes things decidedly NOT organic.

Did I misunderstand your question?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
And real unprocessed food is more expensive than food that's been stripped of its hulls, bleached, nutrients put back in.....and preservatives that give a shelf life of years....

Our food is in bad shape, most of it is only "food like".

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Correct. Until the 1930s the whole world was organic.

as a certified organic Inspector (one of my jobs) I can assure you of its necessity presently in order to affirm produce etc...meets quality as close to or near 100 years ago and before.. as far as end product is concerned.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It was rhetorical and points out that we took an already organic crop system and screwed it up and now we are pretending to fix something that is now broken and unfixable. Us humans screwed up something we had no business messing with to begin with.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Exactly my point. We have people like you now going around and telling us what is organic and what isn't. What gave us the right to screw it up in the first place? Now our digestive systems have adapted to the chemicals and insecticides and the farm lands have all been compromised.

It will take 1000's of years to fix something that never should have happened, because humans could not leave well enough alone.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Everything eaten was organic at one point. Marketing, corporate greed, and the ill-educated helped make all that possible.

Now paying even higher prices, for less nutrition, for things that were affordable just 50 years ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Correct. Until the 1930s the whole world was organic.

as a certified organic Inspector (one of my jobs) I can assure you of its necessity presently in order to affirm produce etc...meets quality as close to or near 100 years ago and before.. as far as end product is concerned.

How does one become an "organic inspector" and can you explain what your job entails? What type of methods you use to certify that one vegetable from another is or isn't organic?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sure. ...Now I have been involved in Organic Certification since before the USDA involvement in 2000 I got my start apprenticing with one of the original vanguards The Oregon Tilthe. In rhe 90s there were two merhods of entry to rhe field.: 1. Independent Organic Certifiers Association offered advanced certifications, or 2. Food science degree and the same aforementioned apprenticeship.

Now there are 2 different catagories for inspection. The processing inspectors and the farm inspectors. I am certified as a processing inspector as I worked as the director of research for a supplement company and felt I needed rhe insight. ..as I also did the raw material acquisition.

I managed the research farm and own my own organic homestead so I have a very complete understanding there as well. The method for inspection is based entirely on a very involved paper trail known as " the audit trail"
Any processor must have protocols in place ensuring no vross contamination of materials, suefaces, machines etc... occurs. It traces purchase orders, field inputs, harvest dates and weights etc...

There are ph tests for surfaces a whole variety of items to inspect...but its common sense in the end.

to answer the OP: look buddy corporate agriculture has dominated for 90 years at the least. They have destroyed soil...plant species through gmos. We inspect in order to establish that which was lost...not to over burden anyone. We believe in the natural order. ..not arrogance of short sighted men and the corporations they front for.

a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
yes it was but our food won't grow when they are spraying so many chemicals and metals into our air. aluminum destroys crops and Monsanto's seeds are engineered to grow in this environment, It's about time we reclassified the word terrorism to incorporate the chemical/pharmaceutical and mining companies its the only way to save our planet.
www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

edit on 24-7-2015 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

There are ph tests for surfaces a whole variety of items to inspect...but its common sense in the end.

I guess that is the part I am most interested in.

So other than paperwork tracking produce from growers are you saying a PH test can certify what fruits and vegetables are organic or non-organic?

How does someone tell the difference between the two if they were put side by side like in a double blind test?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Exactly my point. We have people like you now going around and telling us what is organic and what isn't. What gave us the right to screw it up in the first place? Now our digestive systems have adapted to the chemicals and insecticides and the farm lands have all been compromised.

It will take 1000's of years to fix something that never should have happened, because humans could not leave well enough alone.

I can only see the picture being that we are being bred to be a sacrifice, There is no way the people that run our world like the orsini's brakspear's are from this planet,
to do the gulf oil disaster, Japanese earthquake, test 2000 nuclear bombs, dump all the chemical weapons left over from ww2 into the sea, build nuclear plants all over the place when we have radiant energy which is derived from neutrino's are clear signs that the human race is having the piss taken out of it on a monumental scale, but as long as people have got telly and now facebook they can all die happily and maybe deservedly as they are so weak and gutless and did not stand up to this evil known as the ruling class.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Careful, he might be a "health ranger"!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

This is a link some may be interested in. Timeline on GMO from 1859 - 2010.

History Of GMO

1865 Gregor Mendel's publicised his discoveries on the breeding of peas, which became the foundation of modern genetics.

1973 Stanley Cohen and Herbert Boyer, invented the technique of DNA cloning, which allowed genes to be transplanted between different biological species

Identification of the Ti plasmid in a bacteria (Agrobacterium tumefaciens) used for genetically engineering plants; it is used as a vector to introduce foreign DNA into plant cells.

1995 A transgenic tobacco variety developed producing haemoglobin, a human blood protein.

Just found it to be an interesting read..

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 24-7-2015 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hybridization is no where remotely the same as gene splicing...omg people.
reply to: blend57

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

At least they tried to contribute something of value, the OP is about the fact us humans decided that we needed to invent pesticides and chemicals to create better crops systems. Poisoned the water table, created super bugs and provided the population with who knows how many forms of cancer. The need for an organic inspector is symptomatic of the careless way these crop systems were handled to begin with.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Apples and oranges, they both are methods of mutation used to create better versions of the original. I am all for technological advances where it actually helps, not for the sake of just proving it can be done at any cost.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Thanks for the link and info. Unfortunately, this just proves what I am saying. There is a reason now, that wasn't necessary say in the 1200's. Civilizations have always had organic crops systems; water, soil and tilling. Plant it, water it, pull it, till it and plant it again.

There are natural ways to repel insects if needed, but they need food too to survive as evidence of the fact they have evolved over time to resist the efforts to destroy them.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sigh...did you read what i wrote? Emphatically no! The audit trail is the piece thats important and if people cant see the positive in that...then by all means...keep slurpin down the big ag soup. Ph testing is only in order to assess cleaning...my god people are so divorced from their own food...I leave you all to your own devices...

reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Youre wrong...one works within proper natural boundaries. But by all means...excercise your ignorance its your right. Im done trying to help those who cant understand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join