It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine recruiters told not to wear uniforms in wake of shootings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ah, right. "Protection." Because nobody ever thought I was a Marine when I would fly in civilian clothes with my medium-reg haircut, obviously in good shape, and dressed like a Marine in civilian clothes.

Not to mention...the recruiters haven't been told to stop recruiting, they've been told to stop wearing their uniforms while doing so.

Yea, nobody'll EVER figure it out.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So basically instead of letting them arm themselves and protect themselves, now they have to be out of uniform so they won't be as much of a target (from what I gather). Smart.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Easier to spot when you're uniform.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Umm no... I'm in europe right now and you can spot tge average American from a long ways off... Military folks stick out like a sore thumb.

The fact they will still be in their offices doing their jobs means tge target has not shrunk at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Umm yes. I was stationed in Europe and uniforms were not allowed to be worn off base. Also, we were asked to not stick out like sore thumbs when in civies.

According to the OP they're not recruiting right now and closed down their offices.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Perhaps but no all military branches are exempt from wearing fatigues outside the base, Marines are one of them, that can not, but when in Khakis they can used them outside the bases.

My husband still keep his marine hair cut and because he is fix even after 17 years retired people still think he is still active.

It's hard to hide that Military look for some, no all but for some.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Trying to tell a Marine to not wear his or her uniform while on duty is like telling the Pope not to go to mass. They are proud to be Marines and are proud to wear their uniform. As they should be. But having said that you can spot a Marine a mile away in civies. They have a certain bearing that says "I'm a Marine". What kind of message does that send to a potential recruit when the recruiter says, "The DoD says I cant wear my uniform because a fellow American might shoot me"?

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot?
edit on 23-7-2015 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Where I live all the recruiting offices are in malls.

Yes, in malls. Next to the nail salon and the GAP.

I don't think people would feel comfortable shopping with armed guys with M-16s in the mall.

I think they need to re-think where they put these recruitment offices, and beef up their security accordingly. Maybe mall space is cheap with high exposure?

"Gonna get me an Auntie Ann's pretzel, pick up some shirts from H&M ... oh, and sign up for the Marines too!"

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Speaking form experience Marines like to recruit dumb and gullible folks, if your in good shape that helps too. Teenagers like malls and are dumb and gullible therefore uuuuh yeah thats where your going to find recruiters. It makes it like waiting upstream for salmon, ask a recruiter about how tight their quotas are or how their career suffers when they don't recruit well. Some folks loved recruiting and others hated it, oh and also I think most Marines would tell you they would gladly exchange wearing dress blues for civvies anytime.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I hated dress and service uniforms because of shirt stays.

But I never met a single Marine that didn't want to wear blues on recruiting duty. Every single one of them considered it a point of pride that we wore blues when other services wore cammies on duty.

That being said, we were always happy to trade blues for PT gear. But the PT gear had Marine crap all over it so it wasn't like it was sanitized gear.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Why don't they close all the mercenary recruitment centers? That would be the safest thing for the planet Earth.

Maybe they could start being truthful with prospective recruits?
1. 95% of what they tell you is a complete and total fabrication.
2. You are accepting a paycheck to go somewhere and murder people.
3. You will be the subject of medical, psychological experiments and maybe even sacrificed in a tactical false flag attack.
4. You will learn the horrifying truth only after you have sold your flesh.
5. If you can play the mind games needed to justify all this you will essentially be transformed a psychopath with suicidal, sadistic and homicidal fantasies for the rest of your life. You can look forward to a job in law enforcement.
6. If you fail to play the mind games, you spirit will be crushed.
7. In any case, when you return, you will be discarded like trash by your owners.

If you are one of these people that enjoy military occupation, I think you will be quite happy with what is coming.

I love posts like that.

Have a problem with the military?

Take it up with their CIVILIAN leadership.

That would be Presidents, and politicians.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Now notice how they conveniently are labeling this dude as a "violent homegrown extremist"?

Wow the dude was from Kuwait.

And they are calling him 'homegrown'.

Did the same with the Tsarnev's.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"Homegrown" means "Radicalized in the United States"

Not "Natural Born Citizen"

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

"Homegrown" means "Radicalized in the United States"

Not "Natural Born Citizen"

The guy wasn't radicalized here.

"Something happened over there," Abdulrazzak Pirzada said of Muhammad Youssuf Abdulazeez, adding that "he never became close to me like he was before he went overseas. ... I'm sure he had something that happened to him overseas."

www.cnn.com...

(post by HomerinNC removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I'm sorry, maybe I should have said "Radicalized while LIVING in the United States"

Wanna argue over semantics more?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I find this order is a chicken sh!t way of the avoiding direct conflict with the "no armed recruiter" law. It seems that the people in Washington are still suffering from linguini spine disease. This is why the Pentagon is referred to as the "penis-gone" by old timers.

Politicians are scared of the armed civilians protecting recruiting stations. This reminds them that the people still own this country not them. They can't let the military defend themselves for no other reason than it makes them feel weak and not in total control.

You can't wear your country's uniform because someone might shoot you...you are a target. WHAT! I guess that the Washington crowd has never been on a combat patrol...WAIT...none were ever in the military.

Can you imagine Obama in the military...lol. What MOS would he qualify...golfer?

Sorry... rant over!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The military has always advised personel to not wear uniforms off base. Sometimes its as simple as not in these areas while other times its not anywhere at all. It depends on threat conditions. It happens in the US at home stations not just overseas.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Well these are the same asses that ordered unloaded weapons in combat zones on a number of occasions.

News tonight also said something about a Stars and Strips article that warned recruiters not to talk or socialize with civilians showing up to stand guard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join