It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Our Mission in this Life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hey ya.
I put thought into this myself. I think our purpose here has quite a few objectives. To get these Objectives I asked myself what have humens been doing the whole time? Whats been around for as long as I, or anyone can remember?

War.
Extracting the Earths natural resouces.

I hav'nt yet understood it all but I have an idea that is a bit out there. You guys can help me on it.
People always talk about aliens coming down to take over the Earth and take all the natural resources with a take no sh*t attitude. Thats what i thinks going on now in the world. We are the aliens. Taking as much precious minerals as we can, and not let anyother country get it, or get in the way. Almost like a game of command and conquar. way more complex though.
I pretty zoned right now probely dos'nt make much sence and sorry for spelling mistakes. My bodys rejecting me. I hope you get the drift on what I'm saying I'll try and explain later peace out.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye

I don't mean life is a silly kids game or anything, but I think it's a Game (note the capital G) just the same, a very important game, with real obstacles, real consequences, real rewards. It's not a game that can ever be won 100%; the goal is to finish it in the best possible condition (happy, ethical, loved & loving, productive, useful...the list is endless). Reproduction is a critical element, of course, but it's not an end in itself.

So yes, you're right: it isn't simple at all. The Game is infinitely complicated.

ye, u got the point all i wanted was explaination, not a word cuz 1 or 2 words can't explain somethin like Life. well after all thanks for sharin,

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The meaning of lifeis to partay

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
crush your enemys before you and hear the lamindation of there women...(reproduce) Remember mead is your friend 1,000,000 screaming barbarians can't be wrong....

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Whats our mission?
We each have a purpose in life, we might not know it, might not understand it or even why we have it.
Life is a mission to complete this pupose and find out what it is.
Well thats my idea...heh....

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
OK, I agree that bumping ugly's is a very good part of this life, along with partying, bashing your enemies and winning, winning, winning.

But there is more to it. Before everybody groans please just hear my explanation before you stop reading and pass me off to the bizarre beyond comprehension pile.

Life is the most perfect educational system ever devised. Thats right, its a school. A perfect school.

You start with the student. Give the student free will to make what ever choices they want to make. Place the student in a world of unlimited possibilities so whatever decision they make they can follow thru with. Sit back and watch them learn what they need to learn.

Example. The student may need to learn to respect others. Since the student doesn't know that yet he will natural disrespect others. After getting several a$$ beatings the student will learn that lesson.

Or the student may need to learn about being true to another. The student cheats on their spouse and gets away with it, so they cheat again. eventually they get caught and after the divorce and alimony and child support for umteen years I learned that bygod i'll never cheat on another woman as long as I live...oh wait, this isn't about me.

You see, every decision you make will lead you to a lesson you need to learn. Life is a school that is completely idiot proof. It was probably designed that way because of people like me.

You are here because there are things you need to learn, and the decisions you make will lead you to those lessons.

Thats my take on it.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

I guess spelling party correctly isn't part of the meaning of life.

Surf

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Life is the most perfect educational system ever devised. Thats right, its a school. A perfect school.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

let me tell u this true story that i saw in newspaper,about this 15 year old boy that was livin in france (homeless) anyway, one day he was so hungry,n so he went to this bakary n stole this Bread, and He got Caught becasue of that, france police department put him in jail, since France policez were suckz in that time, they totaly forgot about him, he was in jail for 50 years, so 50 wasted,after that he came out of jail, he came out n he says wow, everyone forgot about me, they even let me go out till now, i mean i was a criminal, cuz i seen criminals gettin out sooner, he never had a chance 2 read or learn(in ur school that ur talkin about) what wat they did to him, but in that time he was 65, i mean ur quote doesn't effect everyone so its pointless. for exmple imagin a 7 years old get hit by a car in street n die, wat kind of school is that ?so stop with this lame stories n as i said think big, not focus on 1 thing, try to get the best out of everything, maybe thats the time that u can come up with some answers.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Sorry - it all about the humpin....

If you think there is some holier than thou meaning to life I suggest a swim off the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.... Mister GW shark will put you in your place mighty quick, or maybe a long hike in the Serengeti with no weapons - yummy mr/ms lion or tiger or hyena says....

We are animals on the food chain and have attained the almost highest rung but we are far from noble, divine or worth anything more than any other animal on this rock. Toot your own horn, but facts is facts and I heartily suggest the couple of trips I suggested to put things in perspective - maybe you can convince your fellow animal neighbors that you have a divine purpose beyond being a tasty meal....

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
Sorry - it all about the humpin....

If you think there is some holier than thou meaning to life I suggest a swim off the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.... Mister GW shark will put you in your place mighty quick, or maybe a long hike in the Serengeti with no weapons - yummy mr/ms lion or tiger or hyena says....

We are animals on the food chain and have attained the almost highest rung but we are far from noble, divine or worth anything more than any other animal on this rock. Toot your own horn, but facts is facts and I heartily suggest the couple of trips I suggested to put things in perspective - maybe you can convince your fellow animal neighbors that you have a divine purpose beyond being a tasty meal....

the thing is, that u dont even know wat is the title about, u think if u do 100 most beautiful women n die after, wat would ur different be with someone that is dead but b4 that he researched everything, he came up with alot of question n looked for the answers, Traveled n seen most part of this world, helped alot of ppl , knew alot of ppl, made alot of things, had alot of ideas for next generation, wrote a book, learn most of the things now u tellin me a wise man would choice ur idea, humpin?wat r u 14years old with a dcik? our problem is that we focus on thing n try to follow it till the time we see thats it too late to learn or find another thing, ye u should not waste ur life on humpin, actually u r brainwashed like other kids 14yrs olds, so this is not 4 u, ur those one that see em self surround it by foolishness, but the wise one knows wat iam talkin about.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
help people.

the more you help others, the less you fear death. regardless of what you believe, that should count for something.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Why we are living? Someone reproduced.
Whats the points of living? To reproduce.
Whats our Mission? Reproduction and colonization.
What is this all about? Reproducing.
The point? Continuity of DNA.
The Goal? Reproduction.

No.

Physically, yes. Physical bodies must reproduce in order that the human race can continue to experience experience.

However. The human race has a higher function, to incarnate the spirit of our Progenitor into its myriads of sherds, set into human bodies so that each one evolves his/her understanding of cause-and-effect and wisdom.

Some spirits effect Wisdom as gloating, bloating, hoarding and boasting.

Some spirits effect Wisdom as giving, living and striving.

Some spirits never get off Square One. They live as bi-pedal animals.

But the purpose of life is not merely physical; it is also the development of the mind and fingers of God.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
the meaning of life,as a species,is to pass on your DNA by having children.the rest is futile.

No.

Yes

[edit on 1-1-2005 by DarkSide]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adib4d
Why we are living?
We are more than the some of our parts. Counciousness is our parts responding to the world.
Whats the points of living?
Our parts respond,we find the nessicities of life, and things that give us pleasure.
whats our Mission?
To survive find pleasure and rewards
What is this all about?
The biggest reward- a child with our own face.
The point?
Protect ourselves and our kin, to hurt no one.
THe Goal?
To become the image of our selfve's that we respect the most.

?

[edit on 5-1-2005 by DEADSTEVE]

[edit on 5-1-2005 by DEADSTEVE]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
Simple - reproduce....

Has always been the case no matter how much we like to sugar coat it. We are animals and made to reproduce just like every other species, plain and simple....

"So stop thinkin' and just get a humpin'..." - I think I'll make that my sig from now on - good motto to live by...

Okay...but why? If there is only one goal, to reproduce, what are we reproducing for? Why is there a world to reproduce on? Why are we supposed to reproduce? Who are we reproducing for?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't think we will ever know... until we die and go to where we are supposed to go. I don't think we CAN know. I don't think we are capable of knowing. People spend their entire lives fathoming this, and never know. Because we can't and aren't supposed to know this. We are just supposed to live. But, what I want to know about that is why we are supposed to live. If this life is for judgement, why?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here's my 2 cents...

Strip away everything down to the bottom, most basic human abilites, and you have 2 things that humans were made to do.

Consume food/water
Make babies

That's it. Anything more is just extra credit for the human race.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
wow nice info's thankx all, i dont no if i had to put this post in Science & Technology,but i didnt find any better 1, anyway, i find my answer pretty much, after i wrote this book. (The Alchemist) by Paulo, Cuelho. that book is the greatest thing that happens 2 me, i mean the book is like perfect plz read it n tell me wat u think about it, its the best book in the world, they made schools for that book in all over the world bcuz its so good n have alot of meaning that it will blow ur mind !! havin baby n Eatin huh?lol read the book 2 find out wats ur mistake is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join