It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo 3 - HALP!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So I've reached a point with Diablo 3 where with two of my characters, I just can't seem to get ahead with them. What I mean by "get ahead" is making them better so that I can keep advancing up the difficulty level of play.

I do not have this issue with my Wizard as he's waltzing through Torment 4 like it's a walk in the park and I'll be sending him to Torment 5 here shortly. I have a great balance with him in that he destroys his enemies quite quickly, but also has the toughness to get mobbed by several elites and champions and survive it just fine.

However, my Demon Hunter and my Barbarian. Those boys need help!

The Demon Hunter is stuck at Torment 3. I just can't seem to boost him up enough to go up the next level. I've tried many things, and I either end up with something worse, or the same.

My Barbarian sort of has the same problem.

Here is a video I did talking about them, showing what they have and their skills. Any suggestions and tips from y'all out there would be very welcomed:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I see the problem, you need to use wrath of the berserker set

yep sets, you need full sets, marauders or unhallowed essence, for dh having a complete set will make you do t6 without a problem
edit on 23-7-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
My son is a gamer and has beat this particular game. He says to raise the difficulty and that will give you more experience points per battle, so you will level up faster. Also, setting it to a higher difficulty will get better gear.
Pretty sure that's what he said. I dunno. Not a gamer.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I see the problem, you need to use wrath of the berserker set

^ this.

Gear is everything in D3.
The same applies to your Wizard. You need to pick a set, then use complementary pieces around it. It's the only way to maximize your DPS. Toughness is great, but DPS is the most important stat. Then, once you have your DPS high enough (my wizard is around 1.8m DPS) you can start working to get your toughness up more.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
So far I agree with all the advice.

The problem is: My DH is stuck on Torment 3, going to 4 and I die quickly, so I'm not making a lot of progress trying to get items to drop.

I know i have to grind to do that, and grind I do (Me, my wife and my son play quite a bit, mostly to get the key wardens, but we like to do Rift Runs too).

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This site is the best resource for D3 www.diablofans.com... All builds and advice will be up to date. Full sets should be quite easy to get if you play in a group. Make or join public groups, you get a lot more xp and gear in groups - and focus on playing one character, swapping around multiple characters is a bad idea in the long run.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You need to do rift in t1 to gamble sets, dont go higher T until you can clear fast

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yeah what they said, sets. Or at leasts that's how like a year ago. I didn't know people still played D3 lol...

It was a terribly easy game, on all difficulties.

Diablo 2 will always be a better game in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bovah2

My wife and oldest son got it and played it when it first came out. They also stopped playing after a while.

Then last Christmas, my youngest son wanted it, and we got it for him, including the Reaper Of Souls DLC. Both my wife and oldest son got the DLC and started playing again after they watched my youngest son playing. Apparently a LOT of things had changed and been added.

They remember being capped at level 60 and that was it. Now you can go to 70, and then once there, you start earning Paragon point. No cap on them, and you get to apply the points to your character in places you want. New items, skills, etc, were added.

I think they also added a character? Not sure on that. I do know that with Diablo 3 ROS you can play the following character types:

Wizard
Witch Doctor
Demon Hunter
Barbarian
Crusader
Monk

They do Seasons now that last for months. Seasonal characters when you first start out, do not share the same stash as your regular characters. They also receive things that are unique for that season. Once the season is over, your seasonal characters get moved to being regular characters. Then a few weeks later they start a new season. They are on Season 3 right now.

Giving stuff: you can't. At least a lot of stuff you can not give like gold, jewels, crafting materials, etc.
If you're in a group playing, and if you find some set or legendary item, you have like 1 to 2 hours you can give it to someone, but only if they were in your group while playing at the time. If you craft something, nope. Can't give it.

We all played Diablo 2 for years, really enjoyed it too.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Atzil321

Thanks for the link. I've book marked it.

I play different characters to keep from getting bored, especially with all the grinding that you have to do.

I do this with other games too. LIke the Elder Scroll games Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Makes it fun to play a different type of character and see what you're missing by focusing on one only. Did the same thing for all 3 Mass Effect games, and of course Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I used the Demon Hunter and here's what I did.

I equipped rapid fire with the perk that allows less consumption of hatred, as well as vault with the stun perk and the caltrops with the slow perk. I'd dive in, stun the enemies, drop a caltrop, then dive out and used rapid fire against the slowed enemies and with the passive perk that increases damage depending on the distance from the enemy.

It's very risky but if you regenerate enough hatred you could rapid fire and thin out the crowd. That worked for me but then again I'm no expert. I will say that I found sentries useless and as for the other classes I'm clueless.

edit on 23-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
So far I agree with all the advice.

The problem is: My DH is stuck on Torment 3, going to 4 and I die quickly, so I'm not making a lot of progress trying to get items to drop.

I know i have to grind to do that, and grind I do (Me, my wife and my son play quite a bit, mostly to get the key wardens, but we like to do Rift Runs too).

Are you doing your runs alone? Go at higher difficulties with better players and avoid large groups of enemies and collect the loot.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The demon hunter is my specialty.

Use the turrets, and I can't remember the name of the skill, like vault or something like that, basically he just vaults around about half a current away.

Also equip the spirit of vengeance ability.

All you will have to do is drop 3 turrets, and keep moving, they will handle a boss on torment 5 in about 10 mins.

If you need items, use the nephalim rifts great items in those on the harder torment settings.

Also try playing the missions instead of the story mode.

You can cash those out quickly for bonus xp and items.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You really need to check the builds out that are on diablofans.

I had a terribly mediocre monk that now has 1-2 billion dps and gold-dependent toughness(I've seen it at 7 billion)in T6 rifts.She struggles in Grifts above 32 but I'm only P360 so I assume she'll improve as my legendary gems get better.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
may be silly to ask but, got elective mode turned on? :p

helped me out for the build I needed.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yep. Electives is on.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Awesome, I was noobin' it up playing w a friend complaining about how "Carebear/mainstream" d3 was because i couldn't change my skills to my liking... oh the pie was lovely.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It seems cooldown reduction and hatred regen is the key.

Use a diamond in your helm socket but keep one with a ruby in for when you hand things in to Orek and that other bloke.

Check out JHow on youtube.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Ericthedoubter because: check out...etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Looks to me like you need to upgrade your flux capacitor.

Haha but seriously thanks for everyone who contributed to the thread. I'm really low in the game and I reached a part where I kept dying and just gave up. I'll have to change some things around and see if that helps.

new topics

top topics

join