It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes - ye be hypocrites

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, i have not been raising any fuss about gay marriage but i will condemn aldulterers. Any members of that site engaging in anything other than swinging (known by both partners) definitely deserve to have their crap stolen. This is an issue i will get loud about albeit no bible verses yet.

But i see your point OP. The conservative talking heads should be calling for bans of Ashley madison. Hell id support em there.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hey Ho!! you again

There are more bi-sexual people than straights and gays combined, so Bi-sexuality is actually the norm, as gays and straights are the odd ones out!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Gemwolf
Because putting Adultery in the spotlight hits Americans where they live. Cheating on your spouse is an American past time, and has been one of the "best kept secrets" of the church for centuries. It's so easy to divert attention to the gays.

I don't think it's just an "American" thing. Adulterous affairs are possibly as old as the institution of marriage itself. It's just everyone's "little secret." I'm sure there are millions of those who do not have affairs though, or open marriages.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

To say that pointing out the number of homosexual/homophobic threads is being "tedious and nasty" and equal to the act of being homophobic is ridiculous. In the end, one group (homosexuals) just wants to live and the other group (homophobes) wants to subjugate that group. These are not equal positions. The group doing the subjugating is at the root of this issue. Why can't they just let other people be? And criticizing homophobes (or pointing out their blatant hypocrisy) is "nasty"? Gimme a break, this is an attempt to shield subjugation under the guise of "other opinions". Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

There are plenty of things I could call you but I refrain due to civility and that I consider it not worth my effort.

Ditto x

I am not homophobic but if I wanted to be it would be my choice and none of yours or anyone else's business.

Never called you homophobic, called you Hetrosexist!

Heterosexist is a stupid word. People can have a moral preference if they choose, again it is none of yours or anyone else's business.

As you've said before, and as I said, I don't care if you like the word or not, it is what you are!

Are you calling all Jews and Muslims homophobes then? All Christians? All those that don't like homosexuality as it isn't the norm?

If they are using their holy scripture to deny others Human Rights then yes they are also "Hetrosexist"

The hypocrisy is that attempts at forcing your opinion is an attempt at denying others theirs.

Not forcing any opinion on you my love
just pointing out that you are a Hetrosexist!

Christians have a right to an opinion whether you or anyone else hate it, it is called EQUALITY.

I think what you mean is "Christians have the right to HATE" and yes they do, the rest of society has the right to call them out on it as well!

edit on 23.7.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 23.7.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

We sorta hoped that the chest-beating would and did, relent for awhile.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Homophobic people have the right to opinions.

Do you not comprehend the irony and hypocrisy of name calling people that are homophobic?

You either agree to equality or you don't.

But you said in your first post you said that Homophobia was a silly word to use and said the following;

It's a bit like calling a person suffering arachnophobia a ''hypocrite'' because cats are sometimes naughty.

A bit of a silly analogy if I'm being honest but hey ho, you have the rights to come across as a nincompoop. That being said no one is denying you the right to be homophobic or as i like to call you HETROSEXIST, just as I have the right to my opinion. No one is name calling, if you think you are superior due to your sexuality then you are Hetrosexist, its not name calling its what you are.

The truth hurts I know but you'll get over it xx

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Blanket name calling is blanket name calling regardless of who is doing it.

There doesn't appear to be any ''subjugation'' of homosexuals on ATS, though when people that don't like homosexuality say so they have been ridiculed, name called, goaded and set upon by hordes of rabid haters.

Just as in this thread, I pointed out the actual hypocrisy of name calling and lack of equality in allowing others opinions whilst NOT GIVING ANY OPINION OF HOMOSEXUALITY yet received a tirade of verbal abuse from certain members, accused of being a ''gay bashing Christian'' a ''heterosexualist'' and a ''homophobe''.

That's the hypocrisy the hate isn't from homophobes or those that recognise homosexuality as the norm.

(post by theabsolutetruth removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: Klassified
Because putting Adultery in the spotlight hits Americans where they live. Cheating on your spouse is an American past time, and has been one of the "best kept secrets" of the church for centuries. It's so easy to divert attention to the gays.

I don't think it's just an "American" thing. Adulterous affairs are possibly as old as the institution of marriage itself. It's just everyone's "little secret." I'm sure there are millions of those who do not have affairs though, or open marriages.

Agreed. I focused on American's because of the recent SCOTUS ruling. Absolutely, it's a human thing. We are promiscuous by nature. There are many studies that state just that. We can choose to be monogamous, but human history shows we have a hard time sticking to that choice.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Cute graphic. I'll go with the CDC.

Methods—NHIS is an annual multipurpose health survey conducted continuously throughout the year. Analyses were based on data collected in 2013 from 34,557 adults aged 18 and over. Sampling weights were used to produce national estimates that are representative of the civilian noninstitutionalized U.S. adult population. Differences in health-related behaviors, health status, health care service utilization, and health care access by sexual orientation were examined for adults aged 18–64, and separately for men and women.
Results—Based on the 2013 NHIS data, 96.6% of adults identified as straight, 1.6% identified as gay or lesbian, and 0.7% identified as bisexual. The remaining 1.1% of adults identified as ‘‘something else,’’ stated ‘‘I don’t know the answer,’’ or refused to provide an answer. Significant differences were found in health-related behaviors, health status, health care service utilization, and health care access among U.S. adults aged 18–64 who identified as straight, gay or lesbian, or bisexual.

According to the CDC, there actually LESS bisexuals than there are homosexuals, and I was being generous in my estimates.

Your graphic only works if you count anyone who has ever experimented or had a thought as bisexual.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

So, just to clear up a perspective problem here, you came into a thread which legitimately called out those who were rabbiting on about the homosexual marriage ruling, and pointed out how the Ashley Madison fiasco has received little to no attention from rabid, fundamentalist traditionalists, and decided that the best thing to do was ignore that glaring fact, in favour of posting about the hypocrisy of people who do not see a problem with homosexuals, when dealing with people who do have a problem with homosexuals?

Why then, are you so indignant about the responses you received today?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You also presumed.

I think calling people names for having opinions is hypocrisy.

If you have a problem with than tough.

SNIP

I couldn't care less for your opinion so you can join the list of goaders and haters. I pointed out the hypocrisy of the thread, if you cannot see that then I suggest you remove your blinkers for some reality.

As for making threads ''calling out'' people about an overdone debate, is that how you think ATS should be?

No doubt there are plenty of examples of homosexual hypocrisy, do you want threads on that also?

How about a ''calling out'' forum? Is that you idea of a conspiracy website?

a reply to: TrueBrit

edit on 23-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/23/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: moderators are not the topic

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Far to many people in these kinds of threads have said in the past its a choice to be gay. These same people seem to have a bee in their bonnet about gay folk. I would estimate that these same people have inner demons as when they made their choice on which sex to choose, would mean that they are bisexual.

As I have said many times in other threads such as these, all my alpha male friends have no issue with gay people, as they are comfortable with their own sexuality. It seems a given fact to me that those who doth protest to much may be hiding something within their own closet

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I love you,

This is the best rant ever,

And if you look at the numbers, infidelity is a much bigger "problem" than homosexuality...

well I wouldn't put quotation marks on problem when its directed to infidelity as it is a problem so many are willing to deceive,

However homosexuality, as much as the thought as 2 males going at it turns me off I don't see any problem with homosexuality other than my own turn off being straight male.

Its not my place to say what another does with their body and feelings and emotions unless it might be harmful to another, then I might try and point out my point of view, give my perspective of the situation but would never say someone is wrong or against anything simply because they love someone of the same sex.

Its a shame people need to show such ignorance/disgust and hatefulness when homosexuality is concerned.

I guess it stems from personal issues or hardcore religious brainwashing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join