It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Discovers ‘Mutant Daisies’ Growing At Fukushima Nuclear Plant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
And here I am wanting this scene to take place:

So. About those turtles...

LOL That scene was my first thought too! I was hoping to see giant-sized daisies.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

ha. mis shapen is the way they should be. tomatoes that is.
I stopped at a local corner stand the other day his sign said local grown tomatoes but they were scary.
all the same size, perfectly round.
not natural. not homegrown.
I passed.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

Exactly. Real tomatoes have curves.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

True, but a great portion of Honshu has been covered in damaging amounts:

The total amounts of 131I and 137Cs discharged into the atmosphere from 12 March to 6 April were estimated to be approximately 1.5 × 1017 and 1.3 × 1016 Bq, respectively.

Source Term Estimation of 131I and 137Cs Discharged from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant into the Atmosphere

And that's just for cesium and iodine, you're a smart guy you know about what was in those things and when 3 did it's shotgun blast straight up, all kinds of mox was erupted.

Which was, I think, a steam explosion when the molten core slumped into the basement full of water.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: EvilAxis

Haha, that was the first one I pulled up.

The problem is, quoting and linking to nonsense damages your argument and makes it easy for people to dismiss valid points you make.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here's the Tomato's growing nearby.....

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: wacco
if you find misshapened tomatoes, or anything id be worried about my soil .

I grow heirloom tomatoes every year and the majority are misshapen.

It is the store-bought, perfectly shaped specimens that should really concern you.

Ya right, why would those concern you more than the ones you are growing, not a ONE of them has not been modified, the ones that are growing all sorts of shapes are actually showing they are unable to regulate the growth, they HAVE been modified,

Tell us where you can get so-called Heirloom of ANYTHING that has not been modified.

Hell, I can see the modifications go back in deep research for thousands of years, at the LEAST.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: intrptr

Um, yes there is.

We are surrounded by radiation daily.

Ionizing radiation that passes through us from an external source is different than radioactive contamination all around us in the environment. If we ingest the stuff into our being from the air, food and water then that source of radiation is like a little X-ray machine inside us that can't be turned off.

Its absorbed into our bones and connective tissues where it sits, irradiating nearby cells over a lifetime for some isotopes. For some elements its millennia.

Potentially, It only takes one particle of contamination to do this, thats why theres no such thing as a safe minimum dose. Radiation from the sun, airline flights and X-rays are different.

Those exposures are short lived from external sources. The stuff that gets inside us is long lived, low exposure and cumulative over time. Not readily detectable with a meter either. Need scintillators and full body counts to determine exposure.

The notion of a safe minimum dose is irrelevant when talking meltdowns and contamination in the environment.

The sun is radioactive, but its source is 93 million miles away. Fukushima is spreading throughout the biosphere, on earth.

The source of radiation (nuclear power) is no longer in the sun where it belongs, its down here with us.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Surprised by the replies. I take it the 1000% increase in thyroid cancer is normal and unrelated to a near nuclear melt down too.
Got a source for that 1000% increase in Thyroid Cancer claim there champ?

Like to report that to telco too, eh?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Those who believe that Fukushima is harmless, are simply in denial.

Those who believe that Fukushima is the end of the world, are nothing but fear mongers.

The truth lies somewhere in between. It is up to you to determine what that is.

I will say it again, the fate of Fukushima will not be revealed until after the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. The Japanese desperately want those to occur, and that is on schedule to happen unless athletes start pulling out due to radiation fears, which is highly unlikely at this point due to the massive clamp down on information.

Fukushima is bleeding Tepco dry and they want nothing more than to wash their hands of the whole thing. If you look back, you can find where they were able to legally separate the Fukushima division from the rest of the company, allowing them to bankrupt it when the time comes without Tepco itself going under.

If the 2020 Olympics go as scheduled, I expect Tepco to dump a bunch of boron and concrete on top of it and walk away shortly there after.

It is all about pride for most of the Japanese, but for Tepco... money is a huge factor as well.

Time will tell... it always does. 2020 is fast approaching.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

i would suspect that those are pretty similar with a more archaic flower. although much more intriciate and large.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have a friend in Seattle who produces a few internet tv news shows. He told me that our govt and the media are keeping secret the high levels of radiation on the West Coast.

If you google ALARMING RADIATION LEVELS WEST COAST COVERUP you will find the article on the EXAMINER website, along with other WEBSITES.

My understanding is that the world bankers did Fukashima in retaliation for Japan not going along with their monetary controls.

Radiation is one of the world rulers main tools to clear the planet of most of us. They have many underground mini cities to flee to.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: oriondc

0.5 μSv/hr is only just above normal background levels..

The mutation is called FASCIATION

The articale at the EXAMINER web site had a video on a man with a gieger counter,. At about a football field length from the beach in Vslifornia it read in the 30s. Then as he approached the beach it began to steadily rise. At the beach the alarm went off, with the readings going over 100 to a maximum of 130. These readings were taken in 2013.

The article stated that cleanup workers at the Fukashima were getting testicular cancer.

The article also stated that thousands of birds were dying off the coast of Alaska.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The poetic tragedy of the Japanese people pushing up daisies if another earthquake hits that region, should not be lost.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Do you have any evidence that it will stay for millenia in the body? If what you said is true, then we should be seeing effects from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. One thing people don't realize about the body is that it has the ability to EAT radiation, yes, that's right, it can burn up the radiation particles for energy. I will explain how it does this at some point, but let's just say, people greatly underestimate the body's ability to adjust. Of course, it can only do this in limited quantity, and if you get hit by nuclear weapons directly, then there's no adjustments.

People may liken this to Agent Orange, but Agent Orange, in terms of birth defects, only affected a few people.
The million claim was made by the government was for cancer, and I highly doubt it's true. I mean, did you know that the current oldest living man AND woman are Vietnamese, and the woman is about to break the world record in a couple of months? If Agent Orange can really cause cancer, then it only affected one generation, because I hardly see any evidence otherwise.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
...the ones that are growing all sorts of shapes are actually showing they are unable to regulate the growth, they HAVE been modified.

That makes zero sense, the average grocery shopper is not going to purchase a oddly shaped tomato, to them it looks 'funny'.

Tell us where you can get so-called Heirloom of ANYTHING that has not been modified.

There are exchanges where members who have been growing the same seed stock for over a hundred years will gladly swap or sell seeds to you.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ffx6554

Do you have any evidence that it will stay for millennia in the body?

Some radioactive elements have long 'half lives'. Tens of thousands of years.

If what you said is true, then we should be seeing effects from Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The world wide network of detectors capture a particle form those events once in a while to this day.

Radioactivity doesn't "go away". The only thing that reduces radioactivity is decay over time.

One thing people don't realize about the body is that it has the ability to EAT radiation, yes, that's right, it can burn up the radiation particles for energy.

You mean radioactive contamination, not 'radiation'. The opposite is true. Radioactive contamination 'eats' everything. An atom of Plutonium for instance, embedded in your flesh is like you sitting in your room shooting a machine gun in all directions. Look at the following pic…

link to photo and description

Good read on subject…

ETA: more emmissions
edit on 24-7-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Uranium has a very long half-life and they were used to make the atom bombs, so where did they go?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ffx6554

Uranium has a very long half-life and they were used to make the atom bombs, so where did they go?

Not all the material in bombs is fissioned. Whats left is sent aloft into the atmosphere with the dust cloud. where it will blow with the wind and eventually becomes "fall out". Wherever, they remain radioactive. Uranium eventually turns to lead, I think in 250million years or so. Lead is till toxic.

There are more than just Uranium atoms remaining, the fission process produces many different nuclides.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I said it when it happened and in the months that followed in a couple threads I started here: This is a REALLY, REALLY BAD SITUATION. No hyperbole, this is one more complicating factor away from changing EVERYTHING almost overnight for a lot of the World. Snark won't fix it and pointing fingers won't fix it. What we need is global cooperation to get this contained before the next disaster completely cuts it loose. Seriously. . .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join