It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Discovers ‘Mutant Daisies’ Growing At Fukushima Nuclear Plant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Surprised by the replies. I take it the 1000% increase in thyroid cancer is normal and unrelated to a near nuclear melt down too.
Got a source for that 1000% increase in Thyroid Cancer claim there champ?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: smurfy

There's normal flowers right next to the deformed ones, from the same plant..

Yup I saw them!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

That makes my head and eyes hurt just looking at them. I've never seen anything like it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Wow, sushi roll daisies in Japan…

How unique.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

source

Couldn't find the original article with the 1000 for thyroid but this site claims 6000% for overall cancer.
I'm not gonna sit here and act like these figures are completely accurate, as if I read into it there are conflicting figures and it will be hard to nail a number definitively. Either way the numbers are alarming to say the least, especially when they are on the rise in California too with some pointing to Japan.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am here on the coast of Northern California and even I am feeling the effects.

I mean look what I found today!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Theres no such thing as safe minimum dose, just so we're clear.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
if these mutations are a result of radioactive contamination we can expect them to mutate even more, over time.

All the people who said the radioactivity won't effect living things because the doses are 'below safe minimum' (a Tepco generated lie) will keep saying that, despite our lying eyes.

Butterfly Study

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: wacco
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I remember the fibbonacci sequence in nature, and this isnt it =)

One of the best comments I have ever read on this site.. you just hit the nail right on the head.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
I am here on the coast of Northern California and even I am feeling the effects.

I mean look what I found today!!!

Put a geiger counter to it and tell me if it's above background.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437693192&sr=8-1&keywords=attack+killer+tomatoes &pebp=1437693199345&perid=195YK00NZH8PFNWQ60V6

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Um, yes there is.

We are surrounded by radiation daily.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Correct, but radiation is a broad term. The isotopes used and released by said reactor are very harmful to biology.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

...this site claims 6000% for overall cancer.

Your source offers no evidence to support the claim.
Come on, you have to do better than showing that "somebody on the internet said so".

originally posted by: dragonridr
Theres plenty of research out there. Want a strange fact at chernoyble best thing to happen was the nuclear disaster. Caused plant and animal life to thrive in that area.

The University of South Carolina's Chernobyl Research Initiative is currently the only research team studying the radiological effects on the free-living natural populations in both Chernobyl and Fukushima.

The deleterious effects they report at Chernobyl contradict your claim. Although depopulation of the area made wild life more abundant, it is not thriving compared to uncontaminated unpopulated areas.

A decrease in fungal and bacterial decay (40 percent less than in control regions in Ukraine with normal background radiation levels.) This causes a build-up of dry dead plant matter, creating a danger of catastrophic radiation-spreading forest fires.

Diminished tree growth, likely the direct result of radiation and the lack of rotting leaf nutrients.

Declining diversity in insects and mammals.

Increased rates of cataracts, tumours, growth abnormalities, deformed sperm, and albinism.

Decreased brain size in rodents and birds (5% smaller, on average). "...not only are their brains smaller, but it seems they are not as capable at dealing with their environment as evidenced by their lower rates of survival... These findings point to broad-scale neurological effects of chronic exposure to low-dose radiation... The fact that we see this pattern for a large portion of the bird community suggests a general phenomenon that may have significant long-term repercussions.”

At Fukushima a study of a common butterfly (pale grass blue) showed:
Size reduction, slowed growth, high mortality and morphological abnormality both at the site and among laboratory-bred butterflies with parents collected from the contaminated site. (Taira et al. 2014)

Population censuses of birds, butterflies, and cicadas show major declines and morphological effects, such as aberrant feathers on barn swallows.

edit on 23-7-2015 by EvilAxis because: To clarify reply to dragonridr

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

Haha, that was the first one I pulled up. This isn't a conspiracy it was a disaster. Watch vice news on the ongoing crisis in Japan, the water is leaking out of the exposed reactor and to think there will be no repercussions is silly. Simple cause and effect, and I do believe I said the figures are going to be different source to source and I said I took that with a grain of salt.

Everything is not fine and dandy there and yes some sources are going to say it's benign background natural radiation, and I'm sure no one would have motive for that to be believed
this will have more ramifications than the BP oil spill yet it is not treated as the same. What a shame.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Gotta hand it to Infowars.

Everytime I read or hear about a story from there it always gets onto this site 1-7 days later. They are really ahead of the game.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

did you even read what was in the link?... waste of my time.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Everything is not fine and dandy there.

Hey...hey...

I see what you did there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join