It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Might Be A Terrorist If You... Well If You Do Just About Anything Normal.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

great - at least i can take some comfort in the assurance that it is unlikley that the US govt thinks i am a terrorist . i only base this on the number of people that opine " your not normal "

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think that what mentally ill people are called today in the media is in the same defamatory way as how black americans were called before civil rights. I really don't like the separate drinking fountain aesthetic being sold to the public about non-diagnosed and the diagnosed.

I know one woman she has a representative payee, she had one because she was homeless on the streets after being brutalized by family, why she was disabled from poverty and abuse, and the government needed a stable residence to deliver checks to. It has nothing to do with ability to manage or not, it is sometimes a system of convenience for a disabled person to have a financial manager. It is lucrative for representative payee agent businesses, they get over 30 bucks a month from the person's account to manage their checks for them, with hundreds of recipients they make interest on those held accounts.

Because she had been hospitalized for depression, even before this consideration about representative payees, do you think gun sales background checkers could sell her one anyways? No, because of the prejudice on medical records which strictly are nobody else's business when it comes to civil rights. She needed that self-defense tool when she was poor in the low-income apartment complex and her neighbors were thieves and sex offenders. Her anxiety went up when she had no defense. While ex-cons and felons had one anyways, illegally, to make more crime, she was following it and fretting the entire way when they were predators on her at home. In duress she ran to the mental health center again to hide in anxiety, when otherwise she could have peace of mind.

Soldiers are giving up in the same idea when they get disabled and realize the government is coming for their civil rights. Many jobs that make it a shame to have a mental illness, doctors, pilots, post office workers, when people get the politics of being told they have a mental condition, their career is over, their depression increases, and it was preventable at the source of the system that did the diagnosis and advised the government officials to criminalize certain medical records. It was preventable at the government level to consider citizens asking for help a crime on their permanent record.

That's where the real statistics around control shows up, when the government statistically criminalizes the innocent. Who is the first person to victimize the ill when they are weak? The government, with inequality laws.

They did this in another country before. When the leader wanted to get rid of a political critic he had the doctors call someone a sluggish schizophrenic and drug them into submission. It was Lenin's Russia, it was a civil rights abuse back then. I do not want to see USA going into the same political mistake.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join