It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for ATS members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I recently wondered that if the US is such a racist country, why has there not been one attempt on Obama's life in the last 6 years of him as president? No threats...nothing.

We have had many presidents assassinated in much shorter time frames, many assassination attempts as well. So with today's technology, weaponry(guns), drones, etc...why has there not been one attempt so far?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

How can you know if there have been threats or not? Every POTUS gets threats regularly and the Secret Service deals with them quietly. We only hear about these things if somebody actually does or tries to assassinate a Politician.

ETA: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7/22/15 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

There have been quite a few threats and plots against his life, including one attempt to kill him Ricin. (See Heff's link)

edit on 7-22-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3
I recently wondered that if the US is such a racist country, why has there not been one attempt on Obama's life in the last 6 years of him as president? No threats...nothing.

We have had many presidents assassinated in much shorter time frames, many assassination attempts as well. So with today's technology, weaponry(guns), drones, etc...why has there not been one attempt so far?

I honestly believe that in his first term, if there was a successful attempt on BHO's life, and it was proven to be for racial reasons, it would have sparked mass violence within our borders. Unless the fallout was specifically intended for this purpose, even the looniest fringe elements wouldn't consider it as a way to enhance their cause.

The technology and weapons to do the act are available. I'd like to believe the SS and other entities provided such a level of planning and security to make the act highly improbable, if not impossible.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Don't let these shills fool you. I can tell you why there have been no successful attempts.

Obama is a hologram.

When's the last time you personally shook his hand and it didn't pass right through? Have you ever spoken to somebody that told you they gave him a hug and didn't find their arms grasping at air? Even one person?

That's what we call proof. Hologram.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
too lazy to overthrow governments clearly.
its all a cunning plan by the illuminati and mcdonalds to keep us entertained and well fed..harder to rage against the machine.

Anyhow, unlike todays rampant social media, its best to not drum up media attention for every threat. it only encourages more. POTUS (all, but quite possibly this one moreso) gets threats daily..but achieving such a task would be pretty difficult

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There has been plenty of threats, people caught, apprehended for them over the years. Quite a few were just limited to social media outbursts but being reprimanded for that. How about lax security, which could have let one of the threats precede, caught in the last year or so.

Facebook-threats.

Feds Arrest Man In Alleged Aryan Plot To 'Storm Washington' And Kill Obama -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Obama is a hologram.

Ha i knew there was something transparent about him

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
That's what we call proof. Hologram.

Yeah obviously mate! The fact that no one on ATS has personally hugged him clearly 'proves' Obama is nothing more than a hologram... What would we do without rational thinking individuals like yourself?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ha i knew there was something transparent about him

This guy gets it.

Obama said himself it would be the most transparent administration in history.

Hologram.

edit on 7/23/15 by Ksihkehe because: Fixed quote error

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Unfortunately we really are a nation that still has bigotry, as a biracial (black/white) female,I have dealt with it from both sides, and there have been attempts on Obamas life. Honestly to see bigotry first hand it depends on where you live or when you travel to places with a companion that isn't welcome in certain areas, it really saddens me that it's still a problem in some parts of the country.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Presidents Lincoln and Garfield were in short shot by individuals and not subject to vast Hollywood type conspiracy's . As the American political scene continues to radicalise the actions of deranged individuals could well shape the near future.

Last time the US political system failed to produce any workable compromises for about a 20 year period a Civil War ensured. Who knows where the USA will be in another 20 years if current trends hold? If not a out right Civil War what we today call domestic terrorism will be more prevalent.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
HA - That's the only transparent thing about this administration. LOL

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

If I recall correctly, I think I've heard of at least one attempt since he's been president (well, not really an attempt, per se, but a threat).

Normally my response to this would be that I'm sure that there have been many that we've not been told about, but knowing this administration like we have come to do, I would bet that they'd exploit every single attempt if any had occurred.

But I get your point--America is so racist, yet we have a black(ish) president who has never had a true attempt at removing him from office by any means, and who has been voted in twice by Americans by quite a hefty percentage.

But then again, you're speaking like someone who actually pays attention and thinks instead of just guzzling the memes of the MSM or the interwebs, so it's no surprise that you don't see the overwhelming racism that many claim exists.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Exactly...it is sad how ATS has become exactly the opposite of what it set out to be. It is incredible how easily manipulated people are these days.

Someone linked a ricin attack as a serious attempt...really? Wow...people are such sheep.

There has been not one serious attempt on his life. I am surprised the administration hasn't faked an attempt to use politically, but maybe that is coming towards the end of his presidency.

On a side note - I was just looking at some news articles and on google news there are 3,000+ articles linked to real time coverage of Sandra Bland - "Had lows and Highs", yet the shooting of 7 people in Baltimore last night has 20 articles...

Agenda much?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Obviously you didn't understand the question. Those "attempts" in your link aren't attempts, they are threats...

Good to see you got so many stars for such an ignorant comment though.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Ricin...really? That was sent to tons of politicians...and was a statement, not an attempt. Politicians don't handle or read their own mail.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

How can you know if there have been threats or not? Every POTUS gets threats regularly and the Secret Service deals with them quietly. We only hear about these things if somebody actually does or tries to assassinate a Politician.

ETA: en.wikipedia.org...

lol. You have to compile some kind of "threats above average" statistic to measure how many more threats this dictator gets above the previous dictators.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
His bodyguard is Chuck Norris.

*breaks out into song*

. . . . Aaaaand I. . . . will always. . . . love you-ooooooo. . . .

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

There have been lots of attempts over the past 7 years.

The threads exist on ATS.
edit on 23-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join