It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally. deputy indicted for her role in raid that blew babys face apart

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Doesn't matter because cops. Cops cops cops.

Feds.

Cops.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You do realize that these cops all get together b4 the raid, and discuss everything involved. Do you really think this cop didn't tell the other cops exactly what situation they were going into?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Doesn't matter because cops. Cops cops cops.

Feds.

Cops.

Were you gonna show me where they didn't know?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Were you gonna actually pay attention to what I wrote in my comment or just continue to make it up as you go?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

You do realize that these cops all get together b4 the raid, and discuss everything involved. Do you really think this cop didn't tell the other cops exactly what situation they were going into?

Pre-raid strategy meetings are common, yes.

But do you really, really believe that the cop that got the warrant sat them all down and was like "I LIED TO THE JUDGE TO GET THIS LOL" before the raid?
edit on 23-7-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: HOW DO I WORDS? D:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Pre-raid strategy meetings are common, yes.

But do you really, really believe that the cop that got the warrant sat them all down and was like "I LIED TO THE JUDGE TO GET THIS LOL" before the raid?

Ok if she didn't why would the department try and cover it up? I mean they could have easily just said look what she did and pinned it all on her.

If I was a cop on that raid and she did not tell me I certainly wouldn't cover for her in the investigation. I would be pissed that she put me in that situation.

Wouldn't you?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Do you really think cops would raid a legal pot store then sit around eating all the drugs and playing darts and talk about kicking handicapped people?
edit on 23-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You're right, I do it in a hot minute. But I'm not a cop. I don't know the officer that lied to get that warrant. Chances are the officer lied, but in good faith TRULY believing that they had the right people. A lot of these cops know each other, hang out together outside of work. The police "family" is very important to members of the force.

Chances are this was an otherwise good cop who made a terrible judgement call. Yes, the cop needs to be punished. There's no excuse for perjury to obtain a warrant, but if one of your best friends made a mistake, wouldn't you want to back them up?

I'm not trying to excuse their behaviour, but putting a bunch cops away that had nothing to do with obtaining the warrant would only set the whole "good cops need to speak out against bad cops" movement back a LONG way. Is that what you want?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Honestly I think the time for good cops to speak out against the bad ones has come and gone. Its time for people to demand they get it right and if they dont, pay the piper.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

And when you've put all the cops away, the good AND the bad, who then polices?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I dont want to put them all away just the ones that do bad or cover for the ones that do bad. Its pretty simple really.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You watch entirely too many episodes of cop procedurals. Not every drug house has somebody standing on the porch waiting to scream "it's the cops

That was what she said there were armed guards there and lots of heavy traffic.

ETA I am not seeing one post where i said "so what you really mean is" but you keep saying I keep saying it? please show me where I keep sayin it?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Super. She lied. The raid team doesn't sit in front of the house discussing the raid. They wouldn't have known until they were pulling up in front of the house whether there was somebody out front or not, and the most likely response to that would be "sweet, lucky break" not "hold up there's no guards outside did she lie to obtain this warrant?"

Just because a drug house has heavy traffic and is known to have lookouts doesn't mean that both those elements will be there nonstop 24/7.

ETA - don't play coy. You know full well every time you said something like "they couldn't possibly be lying right?" or "you're right all the other cops are innocent" was an insinuation that I had said they weren't lying when in fact I haven't. Not once. Period.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

But it was not a damm drughouse. Can we at least make sure the effing guy and some drugs are there before blowing up a baby..

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumStickNinja

I remember this case and I was infuriated. Regardless of how much more could be done...at least SOMETHING is being done. It's a step in the right direction.

Good Find. S&F

No!! No!! No!!

I am sooooo sick and tired of hearing people say things like, "this is a step in right direction" so we should be happy with that. Just NO!!!

A "Step in the right direction" would be to eliminate the practice that allows this to continue. Eliminating the practice of "no knock" warrants that are granted on the basis of one Officer's word based on speculation and uncorroborated testimony from so called "informants". THAT would be a step in the right direction.

In my mind the statement of "It's a step in the right direction" is like throwing a slice of bread to a prisoner who is starving, and the other prisoners tell him, "Be happy you got that! They fed you. It's a step in the right direction". No, it is not. Don't be happy that you got fed today, when the real problem is the fact that most days you don't eat.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Really?!? Omg no way! That hadn't been made abundantly clear in the OP so I had no idea!

SHE LIED AND SAID IT WAS.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Maybe if we got rid of half of them they would focus on violent crimes instead of lifestyle choices crime. If we didnt have over a million people in prison and more going every day for non violent offences we wouldnt need that many cops.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sounds like they were going off the tip of an informant, the informant should be charged with something as well, then maybe he/she won't provide false/bad information again. Not that they should be allowed to inform, since their credibility is shot.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join