It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally. deputy indicted for her role in raid that blew babys face apart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
A deputy has been been indicted for lying to illegally obtain a search warrant for the residence where they threw a flash grenade in the baby's crib.

he federal indictment alleges that Autry knew the NCIS informant had not purchased any methamphetamine from anyone at the residence and the NCIS informant had not proven himself to be reliable in the past. Additionally, the indictment alleges that Autry had not confirmed that there was heavy traffic in and out of the residence. Based on this false information, the magistrate judge issued a “no-knock” search warrant for the residence and an arrest warrant for W. T., who allegedly sold the methamphetamine. The warrant obtained by Autry was executed approximately two hours later, during the early morning hours of May 28, 2014.

What a blatant lie to get a warrant, nothing she alleged was true. I dont think this is nearly enough, there were a lot of other cops involved and when you throw a grenade in a babies crib during an illegal raid then every one that is a part of that raid should be charged..

Isn't that what they would do to any gang that broke into someones home and hurt someone?

link

www.fbi.gov...

edit on 22-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I remember this case and I was infuriated. Regardless of how much more could be done...at least SOMETHING is being done. It's a step in the right direction.

Good Find. S&F

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Every cop involved with this unfortunate fiasco should be indicted. Not that indictments mean anything when so many fools will fail to find wrongdoing in anything law enforcement does.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

Every cop involved with this unfortunate fiasco should be indicted. Not that indictments mean anything when so many fools will fail to find wrongdoing in anything law enforcement does.

Not only that but I think the judge that signed off on it should be charged, and every one who tried to cover it up afterwards.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'm glad that something is finally getting done about this. I was so mad when I read about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This was a horrible incident, and if the deputy did lie to obtain a no-knock warrant, she should most definitely be charged, along with anyone involved with obtaining the warrant.

Where I may split from the pack is in my feeling that not everyone involved in a raid has knowledge of how honestly, or dishonestly the warrant was obtained, and are only brought in to assist in executing the raid itself; those people should not be charged, as they took part in good faith that the warrant was legitimately obtained.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Good as they should be. Though, while responsible for the false information, maybe she's the fall person as shouldn't more of the raid party and the rest of the party involved be responsible as well?

Despite the fact that Habersham county jurors in the local case found the warrant to have been obtained in a “hurried and sloppy” manner, lawyers for the sheriff and the other officers denied that “false and misleading information was used in the search warrant application.” This is also in spite of the fact that no drugs were found during the raid.
-OP source snippet

Poor child is going to suffer the rest of their life because of damages.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Same would apply to the judge, in my opinion. It's not his job to investigate the circumstances. The deputy swore under oath that her affidavit was correct and true. It's on her for lying, not the judge for accepting a sworn statement as being true.

If we're gonna go after the judge and all the other deputies involved, why stop there? Get the sheriff for hiring them in the first place. Whatever law school the judge went to for giving him a degree. County board of supervisors for having a sheriff's office. The ex deputy's FTO for not making sure she wasn't going to lie in a sworn statement at some point. Maybe even the crib manufacturer for not making a flashbang proof crib. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Those who lied under oath should be held accountable.

Going after the officers who conducted the raid purely because they conducted the raid is a different matter. Unless they knew it was a bogus warrant and testified that it wasn't. In which case, absolutely go after them for THAT.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think Butters was agreeing with you.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So If a couple of my friends and I decide to go buy some weed and one of my friends decide to shoot the dealer should I be charged?

If we start going after judges and prosecutors maybe they wont just blindly believe lying cops.

And what about the idiot cop who threw the grenade ,he should be let off with a warning?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Same would apply to the judge, in my opinion. It's not his job to investigate the circumstances. The deputy swore under oath that her affidavit was correct and true. It's on her for lying, not the judge for accepting a sworn statement as being true.

If we're gonna go after the judge and all the other deputies involved, why stop there? Get the sheriff for hiring them in the first place. Whatever law school the judge went to for giving him a degree. County board of supervisors for having a sheriff's office. The ex deputy's FTO for not making sure she wasn't going to lie in a sworn statement at some point. Maybe even the crib manufacturer for not making a flashbang proof crib. The possibilities are endless.

Exactly. Punish those deserving of it due to their dishonest behavior, and not those who took part in good faith.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

Those who lied under oath should be held accountable.

Going after the officers who conducted the raid purely because they conducted the raid is a different matter. Unless they knew it was a bogus warrant and testified that it wasn't. In which case, absolutely go after them for THAT.

It does not matter it was an illegal raid. So all parties should be charged just like any civilian involved would be.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

So If a couple of my friends and I decide to go buy some weed and one of my friends decide to shoot the dealer should I be charged?

If we start going after judges and prosecutors maybe they wont just blindly believe lying cops.

If the judge went by the book, what is there to punish?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Of course it doesn't matter.

To you.

Last I checked civilians don't have the authority to raid a house for any purpose. Again with the apples and oranges.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

If I am involved in the commission of a crime I will be charged with any crime the people also involves committed.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Still more apples and oranges comparisons.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Of course it doesn't matter.

To you.

Last I checked civilians don't have the authority to raid a house for any purpose. Again with the apples and oranges.

Neither do the cops when it is all based on lies.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Still more apples and oranges comparisons.

What apples and oranges? Ifa gang of thugs broke into my house and threw a grenade in my babies crib i would want them all charged. WTF is the difference???

Oh I know this gang had badges..

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

If I am involved in the commission of a crime I will be charged with any crime the people also involves committed.

The judge has set requisites that must be met before issuing a warrant. If those were not met when the warrant was issued, then yes, charge the judge, but if they were, the judge did his/her job properly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join