It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potato bacon cheddar tart

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Yeah, it looks like a bit of work but I think it would be worth it. I'm thinking pepper bacon or apple smoked bacon would be wonderful. Or maybe a combination of the two.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Yeah, it looks like a bit of work but I think it would be worth it. I'm thinking pepper bacon or apple smoked bacon would be wonderful. Or maybe a combination of the two.

Now I am really drooling! I'd have to buy the right sort of pan to do it, too.

Arg.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I bet you're in the states! My arteries hardened just watching this!
No wonder the USA has the highest obesity rate, heart disease, cancer.....

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
YUM-EE, Now I will have to talk to my sister and we will have to make this recipe. Bacon = Meat Candy.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

I'm in the States. I think the obesity epidemic has to do with the food additives and larger portions at fast food places. Fast food = fat food.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

I've never heard it called meat candy before. When I think about it, I can see what you mean. It is the candy of the meat world.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Never too much meat. I come from a culture that uses meat as a seasoning. Try it with this: prepare some chorizo, then press out all the grease. Sprinkle that around in the cheese mix. Take it from me: chorizo is made for cheese and potato.

If you have problems with the bacon cooking too fast, you can try using some half baked potatoes instead. Or parboiled potatoes (boil them skin on for about 10 minutes)

I bet green chile would be really good in this. I also bet that mixing in some sour cream with the cheese wouldn't hurt. And if you are going to add sour cream, go all the way and add some scallions, too.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
YUM-EE, Now I will have to talk to my sister and we will have to make this recipe. Bacon = Meat Candy.

Especially if you cover it in brown sugar, dried mustard, onion powder, and cayenne. Bake on an oven rack at 350 for about 12-15 minutes.

Candied bacon is the single most amazing experience your mouth will ever know.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That sounds even better! Kind of like a South American flare to it. Yum!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I showed this recipe to my wife and she made it for the family. She used fresh bacon from a local smoke house and potatoes from a farmer's stand up the road. Was quick and easy to prepare and tasted fantastic not to mention how awesome the house smelled for three hours while it cooked! Just finished the last piece for lunch today. It is definitely joining the dinner rotation! THANKS TO THE OP FOR SHARING!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfzilla
You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know how it was. Now, I really, really want to try it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join