It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potato bacon cheddar tart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here you go, fellow bacon lovers! I saw this a few minutes ago and it has my mouth watering and stomach rumbling. It looks so good!

edit on 22-7-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You're evil, pure evil. Why did you have to post this an hour before supper. All our bacon is frozen and we are planning to have sloppy joes and tater salad.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks for the laugh. I really needed that. Yeah, I'm eeeeevil! You can always thaw the bacon out overnight and have it tomorrow. Something to look forward to.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yes, it really is as tasty as it looks.

I've made bacon potato pie numerous times, but I just use a pie plate and cut out slices like a normal pie. All you have to do before you cut into it is to just tip it sideways a bit to drain all the bacon grease out.

I love watching Chef Michael Smith's cooking shows... he makes a lot of simple down home country-cookin' type of meals that anyone toss together on a budget.

Nummies !

Edit to add: One other thing too... I find if you place a sheet of tinfoil on the top (loosely, don't tuck in around the edges) it helps to keep the bacon on top from over-cooking (getting too dry and crispy) before the spuds in the center are done.
edit on 22-7-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Thanks. I was wondering if it's as good as it looks. I'll have to try it now.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
9:36

OH LORD!!

taters, bacon, cheese, BACON AND CHEESE

the sloppiness tho @ 9:22

BACON AND CHEESE STRIKES!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
bacon/cheese/taters is an excellent starting point, but i wouldnt stop there. play around with it a little, throw some other stuff in. stir fry vegetables and mushrooms would be my personal choice. round it out nicely.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Sounds like you're in shock. Take a deep breath. You'll be okay.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Also the reason why I use a ceramic pie plate (or a glass one if you don't have a big deep ceramic one) is because you don't have to bother with the parchment paper on the bottom, so long as you give the pie plate a light coating of oil.

If you use a metal pie plate or frying pan like he did though, you will have to line it with parchment.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The mushroom sounds good. Maybe put some hot sauce or something in it too. Or at least hot peppers. Venison would be good if you had it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yep, you can add all kinds of goodies.

Just keep in mind you don't want to add anything that has a lot of water content or you'll end up with a soupy wet mess and your bacon will be soggy. If you want to add something like tomatoes, core out all the watery center and only dice up the outer skin of the tomato and use sparingly.

But you could definitely make this into a big ol' one-pot pie meal !

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

The mushroom sounds good. Maybe put some hot sauce or something in it too. Or at least hot peppers. Venison would be good if you had it.

you have a crust composed of bacon and you want venison?!

...actually, thats not a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yeah, kind of like a meat lover's thing. Is there a such thing as too much meat? That was an honest question. I wasn't being snarky.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Yeah, kind of like a meat lover's thing. Is there a such thing as too much meat? That was an honest question. I wasn't being snarky.

there is such a thing as too much meat. meat is mandatory, but too much overloads the palate, and balance is always a virtue in my cuisine.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This pie is delicious; and, just about everything Michael Smith makes is delicious. That being said...I hate watching his cooking shows.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
For another delicious Canadian chef...I suggest the classic ..."The Urban Peasant" starring James Barber.

PS - James Barber was a gentleman and a scholar. He died in 2007. I think everyone should cook one of his recipes and pour a little wine for him. The Urban Peasant - Our Dead Homie.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

That looks good! I love salmon.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
YUM! That does indeed look like heaven on earth.
I would make it tonight but my Beloved is allergic to cheese----sigh---the bane of my existence sometimes---how to make these delicious dishes without using cheese....

To me it just begs for a layer of onions with the taters.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I just ate......and I am still drooling!

Bit of work, but it looks so delicious!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Too bad your beloved can't eat any. I really don't know what you could substitute for the cheese.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join