It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waco Is Suppressing Evidence That Could Clear Innocent Bikers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I'll be very interested in hearing whether this little tidbit sees the light of day in any official way.

What I mean is perhaps some news outlet picks it up and runs with it? Starts asking questions? Would love to know the explanation behind this one.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

They were people that are innocent until proven guilty , just because they were bikers does not mean anything .
edit on 22-7-2015 by tom.farnhill because: forgot a word

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

No. Outlaw bikers are not "1%ers".

Outlaw Biker means something.

1% means something.

And they don't mean the same thing.

That aside....the devil himself has a right to due process. Because if the devil can be denied due process....so can you.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
I always thought 13%er was the outlaw part of it,and the 1%er was a convicted killer..........with the respective patches given to each

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

This is a decent distinction, if you get the sublime nature of it:

en.wikipedia.org...

An outlaw motorcycle club (sometimes known as a motorcycle gang, biker gang, or bikie gang (in Australian English)[1]) is a motorcycle subculture which has its roots in the immediate post-World War II era of American society. It is generally centered on the use of cruiser motorcycles, particularly Harley-Davidsons and choppers, and a set of ideals which celebrate freedom, nonconformity to mainstream culture and loyalty to the biker group.

In the United States, such motorcycle clubs are considered "outlaw" as they are not sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and do not adhere to the AMA's rules. Instead the clubs have their own set of bylaws reflecting the outlaw biker culture

and

Some outlaw motorcycle clubs can be distinguished by a 1% patch worn on the colors. This is said to refer to a comment by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, implying the last one percent were outlaws.[23]

The alleged AMA comment, supposedly a response to the Hollister riot in 1947,[24][25] is denied by the AMA, who claim to have no record of such a statement to the press, and that the story is a misquote.[23]

According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), they are also known as outlaw motorcycle gangs (OMG).[26]

In short, the roots of the terms goes back to post WWII timeframe. I think there were a couple of documentaries on bikers on one of the channels. Maybe history. It was a few years ago, so im sure you can get to see some of it for free online.

But in short: some 1%ers are outlaws, but not all outlaws are 1%ers. "Outlaw" does't refer to them breaking the law, but rather abiding by rules put in place by an organization meant to give bikers a better name back when they were coming back from the war.

ETA: the 1%er isn't a killer necessarily. Its a member of a bike gang that is a criminal enterprise. I know a lot of 1% bikers that never killed anyone. And, for the most part, didn't really run a criminal enterprise. They were just old farts playing biker gang, but still givin gout a ton of christmas gifts to poor kids each year. That was the way the Cossacks in West Texas operated. None of them went to prison, or did anything as part of a "gang" (although a few morons would get brought up on individual charges of stupidity like DWI and what have you).
edit on 7/22/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's sad that the evidence suppression may remain as such. Not only due to corruption but the public supports pre conceived notion towards the bikers. No ones going to question nor really care but assume they deserved what happened to them. At least there's the article provided and hope it helps.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The video was orignally posted in a story I found and linked here in my thread about the grand jury foreman who's a long time veteran of the Waco PD and was involved in the booking process.

I think I ran across that story on the Texas COCI (link goes to website, not Facebook) Facebook page, but I'm not certain.

So the video's been out there for almost two weeks, it is at around 26k views. So I think it highly likely that it has been seen in at least a few of the major media centers, if not all of them.

Whether or not anything is said outside internet forums is yet to be seen.

Btw, for the troll who keeps trashing the bikers, this was a planned event at which legislative matters of importance to ALL those who ride would find beneficial.

edit on 22-7-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed link

edit on 22-7-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

Don`t feed it..it will go away

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: DEANORULES24

Corrections "out law" sorry for not spacing. I guess you thought I was referring to the club "outlaws" which wouldn't matter due to the fact you don't know otherwise annnnnnd here's the icing! They hardly have any presence in Waco, let alone Texas at all.

But I'm a coward, so just disregard my comment.

Plenty of Outlaws MC here on the N.West Fl. panhandle. I see them a lot around Christmas, with USMC collecting Toys for Tots. Times have changed and we all mello with age, if we live.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I've followed too many stories about Texas deeming entire groups as "guilty" and absolutely violating the rights of everyone associated with them.

Texas cops don't get the concept that there are good and bad people in every organization and you don't get to violate the rights of innocent people based on the acts of others.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24
a reply to: Boadicea

One last time !
GANGS not club
Get it !

I get it... some were thugs... some were "gangs" and others were "clubs" -- at least according to the definitions of some, including legal designations. But I'm not the one who callled them ALL outlaws and gangs before throwing them ALL under the bus...

Do you get it now? Of course you do. The real question is if you'll admit it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Here's a short version. Published July 13th. Only 243 views. Could do with boosting.

edit on 23 7 2015 by Kester because: vid link issues

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Police radio.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
Set them up for a legal slaughter to put them in their place.

That's how it appears.

Is there anything to the Russian angle? I almost didn't bother listening to this, but maybe it's an angle worth covering.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

This brouhaha was a planned, carefully orchestrated event by the PTB using unwitting actors and patsies…the Clubs had no idea they’ve been had. It’s classic game theory given action. Make no mistake about it, the feds had to do something to counter the general citizenry’s semi-favorable view of the lifestyle that shows like SOA (gag) have produced. If you’re a fed, it’s harder to villianize the lifestyle unless there’s a clear-cut large-scale incident that garners national attention. Something like this instantly gives every LEO more credibility to harass a patchholder. Do not, do not underestimate the power of a ‘watershed event’ to shape public opinion. Is this paranoid thinking? To someone who only looks at the ground-level white noise, yes. To someone who looks at the long-term strategic 100,000 ft. view, it’s classic game theory. People, in a large-enough sample size are totally controllable. It’s all about images/symbols and their association with emotive actions. Like it or not, Hollywierd glamorized the 1%er lifestyle. Some feds somewhere decided f’ing with what normally would never garner any attention was too good an opportunity to pass up. Paranoid delusion? Perhaps, but then explain away Tavistock/MKULTRA/game theory and the glaring-in-your-face preplanned LEO response. The term ‘agent provocateur’ could well be used for the person who fired the first shot. Highly improbable? Of course….and somewhere some fed is laughing, thinking ‘no way did they ever see this coming’.
www.agingrebel.com...

What can the cops do if someone above them comes along on an operation then shoots a bunch of guys?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
What can the cops do if someone above them comes along on an operation then shoots a bunch of guys?

Not much but hope they aren't called upon to perjure themselves on a witness stand.

As for the history of biker clubs it was right after WW2 and many of the airmen who had enjoyed the thrill of flying hotrod fighter planes like the P51 Mustang at 400+ mph found themselves back at home and bored silly. They hooked up with some of the messengers who actually rode US army Harley-Davidsons in the messenger corps and hit the road looking for fun. Aside from women and alcohol bikes became the center of these guys lives.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Found another blog talking about the planted evidence, though they have the time stamp for the planting wrong.

Waco Biker Slaughter: $1 Million Dollar Bond Judge Who Wanted to "Send a Message" Removed from One Biker's Trial

It's on reason.com which is pretty heavily trafficked, so this is beginnign to reach a wider audience.

Also, an update:

FORT WORTH, Texas — A gag order in a criminal case arising from a shootout at a biker gathering in Waco is unconstitutional, overly broad and should be lifted, attorneys for 16 media organizations argued in a brief filed Friday with a Texas appeals court.

The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press and 15 other organizations, including The Associated Press, filed the "friend of the court" brief in support of a motion by an attorney for one of 177 people arrested after the shooting.

16 Media Groups Fight Gag Order in Waco Biker Shooting

Maybe all the jail suicides and alien/hybrid talk is to drown out some substatial story?

Nah, couldn't be...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

UPDATE

There have been a couple of motions filed in the last 24 hours with the Court of Appeals for the Tenth District of Texas that argue the issue of whether defense attorneys for the 177 scapegoats in the Twin Peaks Massacre, and the scapegoats themselves, and any witnesses interviewed by police who managed to avoid becoming scapegoats, must be silent or whether they have a right to tell their tales.

Abelino “Abel” Reyna, the Criminal District Attorney for McLennan County, Texas filed his motion about five yesterday afternoon. Clint Broden, the attorney for the scapegoat named Matt Clendennen filed his about 10:30 this morning.

Must Clendennen’s Lawyer Remain Silent

The state is continuing to press for their version of events to be the only version of events that are to be given voice in this matter.

What the state has to say about its efforts:

Reyne’s big conclusion reads, “At stake are fair trials for one hundred seventy-seven people, and justice for nine dead.”

The state maintains that it wishes to maintain impartiality in the jury pool; keep in mind that a Waco PD police veteran as the foreman of the grand jury which may (or may not) decide whether or not charges are brought.

Broden is the attorney who's office released the video which seems to have captured an item being planted at the scene (the presumption by most is that it is a handgun), and then becoming part of official evidence by having an evidence marker placed at its location after some time had passed since its being dropped.

His response to the state and it's ongoing press for the silnce of those whom are most affected:

In his reply Broden argues. “The State’s Response Brief actually highlights almost everything that is wrong with the ‘gag order’ in this case. Indeed, it purports to give this Court ‘facts’ of the case that it claims are ‘facts’ because these facts are ‘what (is) commonly known through press reports….’ The State then cites to press conferences held by state actors….”

“The word ‘gang’ appears in the State’s brief ten times,” Broden counts, “in an apparent attempt to prejudice this Court, just as the State initially attempted to prejudice the public against Mr. Clendennen. This tactic was strongly condemned by the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit” which noted the pejorative nature of the word “gang.”

“What is lost on the State,” Broden continues, “is the fact that, because the police gave almost constant press conferences when these events initially unfolded and because the McLennan County District Attorney went on television to describe ‘gangs’ and explain to the public that the 177 arrested must be guilty because they were not speaking to the police, the defense will now ‘have no idea of knowing (whether) what (witnesses are) telling us (is accurate), if they remember that, if they saw it, or if they watched it …’ during one of the State’s numerous press conferences.”

“It should be obvious to even the casual observer that what the State sought to do is fill the public’s mind with pictures of ‘outlaw biker gangs’ and misinformation and when it believed that it sufficiently accomplished that task it sought a gag order ten minutes before an unrelated hearing with no notice that it was moving for such an order.”

There is an aroma out in Waco that I can that I can smell all the way down here on the Gulf Coast, upwind at that.
edit on 1-8-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed ex tag

edit on 1-8-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

There is an aroma out in Waco that I can that I can smell all the way down here on the Gulf Coast, upwind at that.

No doubt,Keep this unjustified saga updated Bro..I guess the media thinks #Bikerslivesdontmatter.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Clint Broden, the attorney who is representing Clendennen in the case, posted at the agingrebel.com blog:

My law firm had joined forces with Don Tittle to pursue potential claims on behalf of several motorcyclists for civil rights violations in connection with the Twin Peaks arrests and detentions. Don is a seasoned civil rights litigator who regularly takes on police departments, municipalities and agencies who have violated a citizen’s civil rights. Meanwhile I have been actively involved in this case since almost the beginning.

Over the past two months I have been asked numerous questions regarding potential civil claims arising out of the Twin Peaks incident as well as receiving many requests for copies of the various pleadings I have filed in my client’s criminal and civil cases. As a result, I have launched a website that addresses these issues and have placed on the website copies of many of the pleadings that have been filed as well as several news articles about the case. Because of the “gag order” imposed, I can’t discuss the case with the media, however, I can make public pleadings available to all and will update the website on a regular basis.

I welcome all feedback. The website can be found at www.wacobikerjustice.com...

This isn't finished yet.
edit on 3-8-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join