It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: oletimer

Thank you! We are getting closer

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Yeah, well when you've worked in enough garages, you tend to see what kind of projects get worked on in them. He was no auto mechanic nor a carpenter...

Trust me, that garage is suspicious.

It is a workstation with a purpose. Tape, some metal, lots of wire, wire strippers, large 2 liter bottle with residue... couple spray cans. Just on casual glance. There is nothing there to work on cars nor houses. And the tool kit is too specialized to be random.

Why only red and white wire?

And what is in that mason jar?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this was a safe house of some sort. Or a temporary storage location for cash and guns before they get moved again someplace else.

I'm sure despite how thoroughly the local PD search the house, there's stuff hidden there still. I'd be watching that house for a while after the investigation is done to see if anyone tries to sneak back in late at night and recover whatever stuff is hidden in the walls/ect.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Yeah he was a collecter alright.
Maybe dude was pro gun control and was try'n a buy up all the
guns in the world to save the little childrens.
Guy croaks and no one wants to bring Johnny around so
there he is for an extended duration.
edit on Ram72415v55201500000045 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm sure despite how thoroughly the local PD search the house, there's stuff hidden there still. I'd be watching that house for a while after the investigation is done to see if anyone tries to sneak back in late at night and recover whatever stuff is hidden in the walls/ect.

Not to mention the storage lockers reportedly rented by "skinny Bob"

This CT has real legs.....

Where did he get all that money....

edit on 24-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

You're reading waaaay too much into things. None of what can be seen in those pictures is unusual, and it's hardly a "specialized tool kit".

In fact, my workbench looks real similar at the moment. I've got a few rolls of various tapes, some wire, a all pile of random electronic components, some screwdrivers, a multimeter, half a can of spray paint, one glove (no idea why just one), and some sanding discs. It looks like a workbench.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I figured it out. This story is not a movie or reality TV script like I thought.

It is a comic script.

Jeph Loeb, the head of Marvel’s Television department was speaking during the Marvel TV panel at San Diego Comic-Con and he announced that the new season would see the introduction of the Inhuman named Lash to the series. We don’t really know anything beyond that, so whether Lash is going to become a series regular, or just a guest star, a hero, or a villain, is unknown.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Will Introduce This Badass Comic Book Character

Just kidding around. Sort of.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Maybe a little digging into the background of the attorney Braun would help clear things up a bit?

The federal judge in the money-skimming trial of seven Los Angeles County sheriff's narcotics officers Tuesday clamped a gag order on participants after a defense attorney persisted in linking the case to allegations that drug money was used to fund Central Intelligence Agency operations.

Harland Braun, who represents Deputy Daniel M. Garner, had told reporters--without providing evidence--that the U.S. government was laundering drug money for South American cartels and siphoning some of the cash for its own clandestine operations abroad.

In contesting an attempt by prosecutors to restrain himself and others from talking to the media, Braun has claimed in court papers that in 1986 his client searched the Southern California home of a CIA agent who had ties to a major drug- and money-laundering ring.

According to Braun, the unnamed suspect acknowledged that he was a CIA agent and the narcotics officers discovered "numerous documents indicating that drug money was being used to purchase military equipment for Central America." In particular, he said, deputies found links to the funding of Contra rebels fighting the Sandinista regime in Nicaragua.

Shortly after deputies seized the documents and booked the material as evidence, however, federal agents "swooped down" on the Sheriff's Department headquarters and removed the recovered property, as well as other records of the search and seizure, Braun said.

One officer who was at the search scene with Garner, but asked not to be identified, told The Times that the suspect asked the deputies if he could make a phone call to his CIA contact in Virginia. He purportedly was allowed to make the call.

"It was strange, because here we are chasing this drug dealer and we end up with this guy," said the officer, who added that the man was not arrested because no drugs were found at his home.

Judge Slaps Gag Order on Trial of 7 Deputies
October 24, 1990

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Many people are talking about this story and a couple of other major news events........This reads like a story line in a television show or movie.....I wonder if this is some kind of diversion for the masses. Get people talking and trending about this issue while other issues fall into the cracks.

Something stinks about this story for a couple of reasons.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why is this so shocking? Is it because he did not commit any gun violence? Or maybe it was the state of disrepair and neglect he kept them in (disgraceful you clean and oil your guns weekly, or after every use... FOR SHAME)? You tell me which is the stranger hobby, guns, or beanie babies.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Just so you know, that bit about 'Jocelyn' not having been seen since is now no longer in the linked story...

I know it was there earlier, but I can't seem to find it now.

High strangeness when things like that are deleted out of stories...

spidey senses tingling now

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have just been told that yahoo is showing a picture of the guns with bent barrels. That they were destroyed. Can anyone confirm? I'm still looking.

PS. Still can't find it. Was told by someone who checks yahoo news religiously and knows about guns. Said he first noticed a double barrel shotgun bent, then looked closer and saw they were all bent. I can't get to a yahoo story on this on my mobile that has any pictures, although it looks like it should have a pic.

I kept telling him he was mistaken, but he is still adamant they were these guns and they have already been destroyed.

edit on 24-7-2015 by ISawItFirst because: Added Post Script

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: oletimer
Weird now that I think of it:
Dorner was talking about something like this
So was that Reporter (I can't remember his name right now, but his car was crashed and he died in the fire)

I'll clean this up with better data later (when I get home from work)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That is odd, Jaded. Good catch. Maybe she has been located, and asked to have that part removed from the story, so as not to worry friends and family?

I don't know why this story has me so intrigued, just the high weirdness factor, I guess.

To me, it doesn't seem like he was a prepper. I haven't read anything about stockpiles of food/water.

The other thing that is troubling is that Dawn Marie Vadbunker, the personal assistant/property manager that traveled with Catherine Nebron is allegedly still in Oregon. She still has not called her folks or her children. According to KTLA from the 22nd, she did send them a letter.

As for Dawn VadBunker, she has still not returned from Oregon or called her parents or her children, her mother said.

She did send a letter in which she confirmed she was there when “Bob” died and that he “fought to stay alive,” according to her mother.

So no one that knows Dawn, has actually heard her voice. The cops talked to someone who claimed to be Dawn Vadbunker. Her family has received a text message and a letter--anyone could have sent those.

I keep getting a cultish vibe from this strange tale.

P.S. Another logistical problem...
If Dawn Vadbunkers' car was found outside of the motel in Oregon, and she is still in Oregon, how did Catherine Nebron return to southern California? Did they drive two cars? Did she fly? Did she take Dawns' vehicle? Or did they both return, and Dawn is just floating in the wind?
edit on 7/24/2015 by Olivine because: to add another thought

edit on 7/24/2015 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

A secret agent working for any 3 letter agency would not tell everyone he/she knows that he is a secret agent.

When i read the amount of weapons and ammo he had, I first thought that he was part of a sleeper cell for some other nation or group that wants to attack Americans in the U.S.

1,200 weapons and 2 tons of ammo is way too much for one person. i doubt he had them for himself.

Possible. But, I am not sure he called himself a secret agent, or if that is a ter the fiancee used, or if he simply stated that he worked for said agency, or agencies. If he was claiming, himself, to be a "secret agent", it does seem unlikely he'd tell a lot of people. The neighbor reports, I believe, simply stated that he worked for some agency or another. Telling the fiancee that he was a secret agent would be different. As long as he didn't state exactly what he did, I think that would be acceptable.

A sleeper cell is a consideration, but the guns are said to be all high end, high dollar types, and that seems unlikely for a sleeper cell. That factor also makes me believe the guns really could have been a collection. A very large collection, to be sure, but still a collection. It's possible that the fiancee and her friend, and maybe the still-unnamed third person, took some of the guns out of state to sell, and that was the reason for the trip. That she hired a big shot attorney right away, before reporting the body, indicates not only that she feels she has a need for one, but also that she has the money to pay him.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The take-aways:

1) All the guns in the world will not protect you from heat prostration

2) Never pretend to be a secret agent to impress a chick.

Yeah, the irony there is hard to miss! All those guns, and her claims that he was a hybrid sent to protect the earth, and he was left dead in a car. He didn't pick a very good woman, either, since she just left him there. That's stone cold, no matter what she believed!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy

Certainly is a strange case.
Anyone with 1200 guns , and tons of ammunition
is definitely beyond a hobby.
And $200k in cash lying around ?

Bizarre thing is , around here , all those
feasty consumables would have been
snaffled on day one after his demise .....

All points to under the radar dealings
of a spooky nature !

Well, he was getting a lot of money from somewhere!! High priced hit man, maybe, who went off the deep end? He could have claimed an alphabet agency employer to allay the suspicions of neighbors. The alien hybrid stuff could be a complete fabrication. Hard to say, but definitely some high weirdness!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I think the fiance will be fine.

Never underestimate the stupidity of others.

Let us just assume the gun hoarder was FOS about working for some alphabet agency. Let us also assume the fiancee believed the hoarders line of BS.

Stupidity isn't a crime and she has already demonstrated that she is indeed stupid. She may even be a bit paranoid which would give her a perfect legal defense for not bringing in the authorities.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I knew the name skinny bob rang a bell.

Coincidental bit of humour, talk about a weird case lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: ISawItFirst

You're reading waaaay too much into things. None of what can be seen in those pictures is unusual, and it's hardly a "specialized tool kit".

In fact, my workbench looks real similar at the moment. I've got a few rolls of various tapes, some wire, a all pile of random electronic components, some screwdrivers, a multimeter, half a can of spray paint, one glove (no idea why just one), and some sanding discs. It looks like a workbench.

Sure it is. Where are the rest of the tools. Lots of wire and tape(LOTS), wire strippers, razors knife, sealant gun with tube in, goggles front and center (2 pair), couple chisels and a file. Couple jars full of pencils and brushes, funky 2 liter bottle coated with (what appears to be, imo) some white residue, and a bunch of empty pegboard rings. From memory so I may be off some.

No toolboxes around, no where are there any indications that there are the many other tools required to complete just about any Harry homeowner project. Torpedo level and speed square, just don't make sense.

At your workbench, if I needed say, a #2 phillips, a hammer, a drill, a drill bit, a spare screw, or nut, or a ratchet, I could probably look around and at least have an idea where to start looking.

You can't change your oil in that garage, you can't build a bird house. But somebody bought a bunch of wire. I'm thinking the deformed looking ones might be heat shrink tubing, but I don't recall a heatsource. And what's that jar full of?

Show me a 2 x 4 stub, or some saw dust. An RC car, An oil spot. Something. I just find it odd.

There is one thing I expected, but didn't find.

Oh, and I am reading WAY too much into it. It's a good excercise. Weird stuff was going there, we have 2 pictures.

Some people I know, who only get MSM, dont find the story all that odd. Lots of people know someone that is that level collector/investor, and most of them are a little nutty.

I had occasion to meet one such person. He made money hand over fist in spite of himself, but other than that, you wouldn't believe a word I told you. Havent heard his name in many years. He may have transubstantiated. (One of his goals, iirc).
edit on 24-7-2015 by ISawItFirst because: Correction

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join