It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

I'm a member on a firearm-related board where one of the members is related to this man.

He was a normal guy who was big into collecting guns. There is no conspiracy as far as that goes.

Whether he was murdered or not, I have no idea but the story isn't as "fishy" as the media will try to make it sound. 1,200 guns is a lot but there are several private collections with that many and more.

I used to work for a guy whose collection would make some small armies jealous and he was only 33 years old. He inherited a lot of wealth at a young age and had well over 7 figure money tied up in guns and in the 6 figures worth of ammunition.

I'm just curious, how was it confirmed that this board member is indeed a relative?

It wasn't confirmed, the guy just said "The deceased is actually one of my in-laws" and he didn't say much more about it other than stating that the guy was a big-time gun collector.

He didn't offer much information about the situation and nobody was going to pry or interrogate the guy. I have no reason to doubt the guy, mainly because he said it so matter-of-factly and wasn't offering any sort of story. He didn't start a thread on it, he simply posted in reply to an existing thread about the article.

Well okay excuse me for being so thorough, but in a case that involves a degree of high strangeness such as this, I would be asking for proof from anyone claiming to be a family member or related in some way. Certainly I would never take the word of an anonymous forum member as 100 percent gospel truth?????

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Get ready. I think this one is about to get stranger yet.

Where's Rod Serling when you need him most?

I told you this was going into the Twilight Zone.

edit on 7/24/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
The lawyer says the guns n such are worth about $5 million.

His fathers significant other said she was unaware of any independent wealth that would allow Lash to purchase millions of dollars in weaponry.

There are more storage facilities to be searched, along with 6 more vehicles to be located.

They still have not positively ID'ed the body, nor confirmed cause of death.

He could have been working for anyone

HA! No... that lawyer is full of crap. He's probably trying to spook the police department to make sure the family gets the guns back.

Considering that the weapons count has increased to 1500, the ammo has increased to 6.5 tons, $1/4 million cash laying around, more storage locations to search, and with 14 highly modified vehicles, I'd say $5 million isn't out of the question.

So, where did the money come from?
edit on 24-7-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yhe guns i dont find strange. Gun collecting is addictive even for people without disposable income. High end guns smacks of collector rather than someone hoarding for any otger purpose (honestly way too many to be anything else).

The rest is crazy fishy.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This story is soooo ATS!

Wacky. My 2 biggest questions are:
Where did he get the money to buy all of his weapons, ammo and modified vehicles?
How many people have a personal cash counter on their garage work bench?

Check out these two photos:

Photos taken by Peter Branch of the Palisadian-Post, and can be found at the bottom of this KTLA page.

Mr. Lash's work bench area is very well organized, as is the rest of his garage. It makes me think he was a very thorough, calculating type.
If you look at the routered corner of the workbench, (in the second photo) he seems to have had a moderate amount of woodworking skill, and good tools (hitachi saw).

Can anyone make out the state/country of the license plate hanging on the wall in the second photo? Guam? I was just curious?

edit on 7/24/2015 by Olivine because: spelling

edit on 7/24/2015 by Olivine because: forgot to give photo source

One more comment. I have a suspicion this story is going to involve Scientology at some point. Just a hunch.
edit on 7/24/2015 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Is that common department procedure, to be so casual with a potential accessory/witness to a murder/death?

It is if the accessory was an MK Ultra handler. Does this remind anyone of Orphan Black, fake marriage to their handler?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Neighborhood Evacuated? Explosives? Booby traps? Bulletproof $100,000 car? Why didn't the news print this part?

Here are more Palisades Highlands accounts of the couple involved in the weapons cache that didn't make it into the print story:

Ann Chappel, who lives in the Highlands townhouses near the one owned by Catherine (nee Nebron) Gorin that was discovered with 1,200 guns and more than two tons of ammo on Saturday, said she had gone to an art class on Saturday. When she returned at 1 p.m., she was told she had to evacuate. LAPD helped her unload her art supplies in order to get her dogs in the car and out of harm’s way.

Chappel told the Palisades News that LAPD were professional and helpful, and that one policeman had told her that the Gorin townhouse was booby trapped, with guns pointing towards the door. Initially the residents were told they could go back at 8:30 p.m., but then the LAPD bomb unit found bomb-making chemicals, with some too unstable to transport. “They had to denonate it,” Chappel said. "We heard the explosion around 10:15 Saturday night and asked, ‘What was that?’”

One policeman told Chappel that the cache in the townhouse was “not an arsenal, it was much bigger than that.” Some of the residents were told the stuff stored there could’ve taken out the entire hill.

[...]

“He was driving a $100,000 car [with bulletproof windows],” Schiff said. “I always wondered where his money came from."

Palisades News July 21 at 12:48pm Facebook

At least we know now what they detonated. I had posted previously that they had detonated something, but we didn't know what at the time.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This story from the Guardian possibly identifies the other person present when Mr. Lash died, as a doctor:

When he was diagnosed with cancer a year ago, he reportedly told her it was the result of chemical weapons exposure on an old mission.

On 3 July, the couple and a friend were shopping at a supermarket in Santa Monica, a few miles away from the house, when Lash became unwell and died in the outdoor parking lot.

Nebron-Gorin later told a friend she had specific instructions from Lash on what to do if he died. Don’t call the authorities. Leave him in a car. Get out of town, and let his minders take care of the body. So she did that.

The friend, a doctor who did not want to be named, told the Palisadian Post newspaper he spent 90 minutes trying to revive Lash in the passenger seat of an SUV outside his house on the night he died as Nebron-Gorin was “wailing and grieving”.

I'll bet the doctor didn't want to be named! He could be in hot water for not alerting the authorities.
It is also strange that this version of the story doesn't mention Dawn VadBunker also being in the parking lot.

Very curious.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
This story is soooo ATS!

Can anyone make out the state/country of the license plate hanging on the wall in the second photo? Guam? I was just curious?

It is a Guam license plate.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

This entire story is ridiculous. It sounds like a Woody Allen film!

The fiancé leaves "Bob" in a car after he cashes it in at the parking lot? Never bothered to take him to an emergency room?

She leaves for Oregon with out a care in the World...then comes back and has her high profile, criminal defense attorney contact the police to make sure someone found "BoB"? What a caring, sincere, sweetie to check on her fiancé like that.

Jeesh - first clue that this is all kinds of wrong - the body going unnoticed for 2 weeks in a townhouse complex that is baking in the LA heat? Not to be morbid, but that body would have been highly um, shall we say, pungent smelling within a few days. The car may have been there 2 weeks, but no way the body was.

Also, in the article it stated the Coroner's autopsy could not determine the cause of death? I thought "Bob" was in late stage terminal cancer. At the very least, shouldn't cancer have shown up in the autopsy?

Sounds like la fiancé and her posse were supposed to get paid for doing away with old "Bob" by the mob, cartel, alpha agency, who knows which, and she got the double cross and now her tush has gone from the fat to the frying pan! Chock it up to MK Ultra :0! just kidding (I think.)

Great thread OP! Ya gotta love a good murder mystery. Just sorry that good old "Bob" got hung out to dry.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: oletimer

Thanks oletimer. I suppose he could have acquired it anywhere; maybe off of one of his many vehicles.

Here is a gob of new background information from the Palisadian Post.
Lash lived with a roommate in Sunset Mesa, CA until 4 months ago, where he was known as Skinny Bob.

His roommate, "Jocelyn" didn't know he was dead, and when informed by the property manager, "she flipped out on the phone when she found out about his death, she was distraught and no one has seen her since". Another missing person?

Also, about 6 months ago, he smashed into 4 of his neighbors' cars, and pleaded with them to not call their insurance companies or the cops. He apparently paid cash to each for the damages.
edit on 7/24/2015 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/24/2015 by Olivine because: more info

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Not to feed the frenzy, but

Jeffrey Allan Lash died in 1962.

Just sayin...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I'm a member on a firearm-related board where one of the members is related to this man.

He was a normal guy who was big into collecting guns. There is no conspiracy as far as that goes.

Whether he was murdered or not, I have no idea but the story isn't as "fishy" as the media will try to make it sound. 1,200 guns is a lot but there are several private collections with that many and more.

I used to work for a guy whose collection would make some small armies jealous and he was only 33 years old. He inherited a lot of wealth at a young age and had well over 7 figure money tied up in guns and in the 6 figures worth of ammunition.

I'm just curious, how was it confirmed that this board member is indeed a relative?

It wasn't confirmed, the guy just said "The deceased is actually one of my in-laws" and he didn't say much more about it other than stating that the guy was a big-time gun collector.

He didn't offer much information about the situation and nobody was going to pry or interrogate the guy. I have no reason to doubt the guy, mainly because he said it so matter-of-factly and wasn't offering any sort of story. He didn't start a thread on it, he simply posted in reply to an existing thread about the article.

Well okay excuse me for being so thorough, but in a case that involves a degree of high strangeness such as this, I would be asking for proof from anyone claiming to be a family member or related in some way. Certainly I would never take the word of an anonymous forum member as 100 percent gospel truth?????

That's not being thorough, that's being paranoid.

The guy didn't offer a crazy story, he simply said the deceased man was his in-law. Why would you start questioning someone who just lost a family member? What proof could he possibly offer over the internet that would satisfy your distrust anyway?

What is the big deal about accepting what he said as truth? His only statement was that he was related and the guy was a gun collector.

It's not like he was the one pushing the half-alien government operative nonsense.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
His roommate, "Jocelyn" didn't know he was dead, and when informed by the property manager, "she flipped out on the phone when she found out about his death, she was distraught and no one has seen her since". Another missing person?

If he was telling people such crazy stories and they actually believed him, maybe he told them "if I'm ever found dead, get out of town" or something similarly nutty.

ETA: From the article above:

Nebron-Gorin later told a friend she had specific instructions from Lash on what to do if he died. Don’t call the authorities. Leave him in a car. Get out of town, and let his minders take care of the body. So she did that.

And there you have it...
edit on 7/24/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Not to feed the frenzy, but

Jeffrey Allan Lash died in 1962.

Just sayin...

It's not an uncommon name. A real quick search shows that there's over 100 people with the same name currently living in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

One policeman told Chappel that the cache in the townhouse was “not an arsenal, it was much bigger than that.” Some of the residents were told the stuff stored there could’ve taken out the entire hill.

$100 says he had a decent amount of Tannerite (perfectly legal binary explosive) and some of it was already mixed which is why they didn't want to transport it.

Bomb units look for any excuse to blow stuff up.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Lots of great info on those photos. I'm not done looking, but yeah he was up to no good in that garage.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That Barrett 50 cal leaning up against the wall is worth 10k easy.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

Lots of great info on those photos. I'm not done looking, but yeah he was up to no good in that garage.

What?

That looks like any normal hobbyist's garage albeit with a lot of boxes stacked up prepper style. The cash counter was likely brought in by the police to keep track of how much cash they were taking out.

How, exactly, does a neat and orderly garage with a work bench and tools equal "up to no good"?
edit on 7/24/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

What are you talking about? There's nothing at all suspicious in those photos...

Let's see, we've got various common tools, some storage containers, a tennis racket, a backpack, a bicycle helmet, a bicycle tire, a U.S. flag, some hand sanitizer....Yep. The guy was clearly a terrorist.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join