It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to you that he might just be an investor? I'm pretty sure that California only requires that handguns be registered, so he could very easily have bought or traded for rifles and shotguns. Guns hold their value. I bought a Browning Hi Power 9mm in 1984 for $100 that is worth over $600 today. Ammo is also a good investment. I bought a bunch of .223 a while back fairly cheap (I don't own a .223) and have made a nice chunk of change selling it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Two tons of ammo divided by 1200 guns is only a little over three pounds per gun, NOT an unreasonable amount.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Macenroe82

Seems likely! I did note that she has some bigshot attorney already. Of course, depending on what really happened, she might like that simple a charge. For me, someone dying, and the person that knew fleeing town, screams "foul play"! Plus, the story mentioned two other people present. Wonder why we don't know who they are....?

When I cam across the "Guy got really hot, and they tried too cool him down with ice but didn't work. And he died".

Poison.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

From the pictures I saw they looked to be a lot of big revolvers and hunting/scoped rifles. Not exactly cartel style arms if you ask me. Granted there could be pictures of 1000 semi auto pistols and m4's that we didn't see, which would be more of the cartel style.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A ‘part alien’ secret government worker? One of those Valiant Thor aliens from Venus?

originally posted by: bjarneorn

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Macenroe82

Seems likely! I did note that she has some bigshot attorney already. Of course, depending on what really happened, she might like that simple a charge. For me, someone dying, and the person that knew fleeing town, screams "foul play"! Plus, the story mentioned two other people present. Wonder why we don't know who they are....?

When I cam across the "Guy got really hot, and they tried too cool him down with ice but didn't work. And he died".

Poison.

Harder for certain aliens to adapt to the heat.

No, really, then they just left him.

Wonder how much his life insurance will pay out.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: Macenroe82
The woman will end up being charged for indignity to human remains.

And no alphabet agency will claim him, but someone in his family will be stuck flipping the bill for his funeral.

No problem on the funeral cost. 1200 of any type of collector firearms should be worth an easy hundred grand. I bet the cops keep the gun tho.

Yep, it's called Civil Forfeiture. They can claim they are part of the case, keep them indefinitely and sell them for profit. Happens all the time. That's how most police stations fund themselves anymore.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jekka

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: Macenroe82
The woman will end up being charged for indignity to human remains.

And no alphabet agency will claim him, but someone in his family will be stuck flipping the bill for his funeral.

No problem on the funeral cost. 1200 of any type of collector firearms should be worth an easy hundred grand. I bet the cops keep the gun tho.

Yep, it's called Civil Forfeiture. They can claim they are part of the case, keep them indefinitely and sell them for profit. Happens all the time. That's how most police stations fund themselves anymore.

Well said. Now there's some good intent for letting the neighborhood known crazy old alien just kick the bucket.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I totally forgot about the two other people who ditched his dead body in the car! So that makes three people who knew about his dead body but didn't do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I totally forgot about the two other people who ditched his dead body in the car! So that makes three people who knew about his dead body but didn't do anything about it.

He must have been a lovely guy. Even people I don't like, I probably wouldn't leave in a car to rot.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I don't buy the story that he is a secret agent. If you are a secret agent you would not be telling everyone that, as it's no longer a secret.

I believe ( with the info given) that he had some medical issue that caused him to heat up and die... possibly heat stroke or something similar.

Maybe it is as simple as him being a gun fanatic. Or he was a black market arms dealer. I am not falling for this secret agent bs.

The fiance should be investigated. She is a dumb ass. Her actions are extremely suspicious to say the least. She obviously did not care for him. Maybe she is in on this. She knows more then she is letting on.
edit on 51715p45123 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

what happened to the option of ringing 999 " paramedic " when he first showed signs of severe distress ??????????

And leave it to paramedics who likely wouldn't have gotten to the scene for upwards of 2-3 minutes? No, putting some ice on him was clearly the best course of action. When that doesn't work, naturally you put the corpse in a vehicle and go to Oregon.

At least, that's what you'd do if you're completely bat-poo crazy, or really bad at making up cover stories for murder.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And now this...

What's up with his gal.. She doesn't want to talk to anyone.. Almost like she's breaking programming..

NOTICE IN THIS ARTICLE, there's no mention of old boy, his 1,200 guns, and the mysterious circumstances surrounding his part of this whole thing... Totally left out.

"Mom of 2 vanished is found..." Yet, nothing about HIM...

WTF is going on with this case??

www.inquisitr.com...
edit on 23-7-2015 by johnofsecrets because: lack of info

edit on 23-7-2015 by johnofsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Dead man ID'd, tentatively not formally as a long time LA gun collector.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So the VadBunker chick is found by police, tells them "Ah, I'll get a hold of my family, sorry I didn't contact them. I know I ran off right after my bosses' alien human hybrid, 1,200 gun owning CIA/GOV'T fiance died when we couldn't cool him down with ice".. And authorities are like, "Ah, ok."

But NO CONNECTION, INVOLVEMENT, FOUL PLAY or SUSPICION based on all of the information at hand, including theories of him being Alien/Human CIA/GOVT, Her running at the exact time, etc, etc... ??????

And authorities are like, "ah, ok, later"

W T F
edit on 23-7-2015 by johnofsecrets because: lack of info

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A head scratcher, no doubt.

I can't get over the fact that the authorities are not suspecting foul play of any kind.

Curiouser and curiouser...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

originally posted by: Answer
I'm a member on a firearm-related board where one of the members is related to this man.

He was a normal guy who was big into collecting guns. There is no conspiracy as far as that goes.

Whether he was murdered or not, I have no idea but the story isn't as "fishy" as the media will try to make it sound. 1,200 guns is a lot but there are several private collections with that many and more.

I used to work for a guy whose collection would make some small armies jealous and he was only 33 years old. He inherited a lot of wealth at a young age and had well over 7 figure money tied up in guns and in the 6 figures worth of ammunition.

I'm just curious, how was it confirmed that this board member is indeed a relative?

It wasn't confirmed, the guy just said "The deceased is actually one of my in-laws" and he didn't say much more about it other than stating that the guy was a big-time gun collector.

He didn't offer much information about the situation and nobody was going to pry or interrogate the guy. I have no reason to doubt the guy, mainly because he said it so matter-of-factly and wasn't offering any sort of story. He didn't start a thread on it, he simply posted in reply to an existing thread about the article.
edit on 7/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

They're saying was in end stage cancer. If there's foul play, they probably did him a favor.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
wonder if the 3 people that left the body to rot, happened to know about a few choice guns he owned worth a pretty penny that nobody would notice went missing when they were cleaning up the other 1200 or so. Maybe some gold/cash stashed in his place. They went on "vacation"

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

1200 firearms? That's $120k if they averaged out at $100 a piece.

Lot of disposable income there. Maybe he was like a quartermaster for some group? Then again, who'd be stupid enough to put all their apples in one basket like that?

On that point, how would we know if that was the only basket?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join