It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
You know, I hadn't thought of that. If so, though, why would he claim to be with some US agency, instead of just acting like anyone else?

If the average American thinks that a person works for some kind of governmental agency, then they are less likely to ask questions if the person in question starts to act suspicious. Clearly nobody paid any attention to him dying, or seem to be shocked that he had enough weapons and ammo to supply a small fighting force.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Weapons deal gone bad or he simply had a heart attack on his way to hock some of his wares to high-end clientele.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Don't you think it very strange the GF would leave his carcass in the vehicle and take a vacation?..Im not convinced she is uninvolved, crazy weirdness this story is.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Her long time fiancée died knowing, as claimed, that he has end stage cancer but yet has no care worker and she is not concerned, and she just leaves him. Okay... Talk about odd?

The unnamed agency didn't pick up the body? Guessing the unnamed agency probably had a hand in his death. That is to say when they were done with his use. Also, the said fiancée being linked to that agency but may not have been told of their plans.

Interesting to say the least;

“There were no guns or odd items that'd say we have a collector here,” he said.
LATimes

edit on 23-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Assuming the guns were bought legitimately how could get buy 1200 and no eyebrows were raised , that just beggars belief .

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Here's the crux of the problem with this (his) story... no person actually working for the CIA or any other agency of its kind goes around telling everyone they encounter that they work for that agency.

If someone tells you they work covertly for one of those agencies, they don't.

It's an interesting story, but only from a psychology perspective. It seems to me that he was a fantasist. Unless evidence appears to say otherwise there's nothing more here than an interesting story about a psychologically damaged individual dying of cancer and leaving a peculiar mess when he departed.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Crazy gun nut with cancer and a crazy paranoid fiance who believed his stories. No reason to make anything else of it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

i will be curious if the authority in charge of the corpse either does an incomplete autopsy or none at all then cremate the body.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Here's the crux of the problem with this (his) story... no person actually working for the CIA or any other agency of its kind goes around telling everyone they encounter that they work for that agency.

I don't know but ... !

Seems possible that this is a highly useful urban legend to immediately discredit people with those particular claims so there is no reason to correct it. Most intelligence agencies say the opposite in their recruitment process as in they say you can tell your immediate family where you work just not specifically what you do.

I imagine it actually adds to security if the potential alternative is having your spouse or close relations becoming suspicious of what you actually do.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Perhaps there were more guns initially....maybe the girls and
their friends took some of those guns and ammo. The story
says they went off the grid. Hiding weapons?

Someone said it earlier, being a gun collector could have
been his cover as would the high end guns. Just speculating.
But that would give him the perfect cover story to have all
those guns when he could in fact have all those guns & ammo
for an entirely different reason.

edit on 23-7-2015 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Assuming the guns were bought legitimately how could get buy 1200 and no eyebrows were raised , that just beggars belief .

Why? Firearms are totally lawful to own. Ammo, too.

I've probably got over 100 firearms myself. I also have a truly ungodly amount of ammo and reloading supplies and brass.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

If someone tells you they work covertly for one of those agencies, they don't.

It's an interesting story, but only from a psychology perspective. It seems to me that he was a fantasist. Unless evidence appears to say otherwise there's nothing more here than an interesting story about a psychologically damaged individual dying of cancer and leaving a peculiar mess when he departed.

Exactly. If he really worked for anyone, do you think this would ever have made the press? Yeesh. The headline should be "Wackadoo gun guy dies of cancer. No one appears to care."

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
I agree regarding the weapons. On the other, what sort of indicators would you look for?

Well, a lot of intelligence guys start off military, and he's showing no records in the DOD personnel files. Even if he had NCA or was SOF he'd show, he just wouldn't have any details. If you're civilian intel, you'd be posted near some installation like Camp Peary for training. Nothing shows. Also, you'd probably have to have at least S clearance, wouldn't you think? Further, deponent sayeth not.

edit on 23-7-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The deceased and the fiancée...both sound batsht crazy to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I know alot of people with guns. Not a big deal.

A couple I consider to be finatical hobbiests. You know the type. Gotta buy boxes of ammo at every show because you can. Typically these types also maybe the "survivalist" or end of world types.

You might know one.
(Looks around)
You might be one.

Point is though if he was a habitual liar with some schizophrenic tendancies, it still doesnt make him illegal.

Had cancer too? Trust me, that will screw up your thinking a bit.

But I can think of three people in this case that better get some good lawyers quick. Their actions were not normal at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

The deceased and the fiancée...both sound batsht crazy to me.

Batsht crazy doesn't even scratch the surface.

Would you believe there is even more weirdness?...

Dead Man With Weapons Stash Linked to Missing Oxnard Woman Who Believed He Was Alien Savior

Nebron and VadBunker believed Lash was a secret government agent, but not entirely human.

“He was part alien and part human and was out to save the world,” Laura VadBunker said.

Wait. There is even more.

There were also a number of SUV’s modified for use on different types of terrains, including an amphibious vehicle, he said.

Braun also claimed police found $230,000 in cash, which his client knew nothing about.

As for VadBunker, she has still not returned from Oregon or called her parents or her children, her mother said.

Dead LA man who had 1,200 guns, underwater car identified; believed to be ‘part alien’ secret government worker

More...

MAN FOUND DECOMPOSING IN CAR AFTER NEARLY 2 WEEKS; 1,200 GUNS FOUND IN HOME

Inside his home, detectives discovered more than 1,200 guns, scopes, 6.5 tons of ammunition, bows and arrows, knives, machetes and $230,000 in cash after he was found on Friday.

They also located eight of the 14 vehicles stashed around Los Angeles registered to the man, including an SUV designed to drive underwater.

Again I ask, what the hell do they put in the bottled water there?

edit on 23-7-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

This is very much an odd one, isn't it? I would be eyeing the girlfriend. I have met some alphabet soup types before, some of them are strange creatures. A guy i know retired from the CIA after having been with them for 20 odd years, they recruited him from the army after Vietnam. The guy is weird to say the least, cameras all over his property, but he only keep A single firearm handy, I have more guns than he does. So 50/50 the guy may have been somebodies spook, but more likely the lady offed him.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Think the weirdness has to be over? Ha. Read on...

Bizarre details emerge of Calif. man who died leaving 1200 guns behind

Before his death, Lash cautioned his fiancee, Catherine Nebron, to leave his body in one of his 14 vehicles at their townhouse and the intelligence agency he worked for — who had him under constant surveillance — would retrieve it. Lash further explained that he was suffering from chemical weapons exposure suffered while on a mission overseas.

Some items were reportedly destroyed in place by explosive demolition.

Staff at an area restaurant classified the behavior of Lash and his fiancee as peculiar, with the man often claiming to work for the CIA and becoming upset if photographs were taken near him.

“They always came in two separate cars. Neither had license plates, but no one ever stopped them,” said Francesco Schiff with the Casa Nostra restaurant. “He always paid cash, always had raw filet mignon. They never ate with friends.”

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
“He always paid cash, always had raw filet mignon. They never ate with friends.”

Reptilians. Dead giveaway.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Maybe he was a dark web arms dealer or something..

If he was an illegal arms dealer, he'd have multiples of the same type of firearm... stuff that's fairly cheap and easy to sell.

He had a very wide variety of high-end guns. High-end equals hard to sell.

Nothing about his collection suggests he was selling guns. Some people have money tied up in stocks or their 401K... some have it tied up in collectibles.

From the pics that I've seen he did have multiples of many cheap rifles and handguns.

His 'collection' looks just like every generic (legal) dealer that I've ever met.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join