It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
That's a lot of guns and ammo. A lot. Like the amount of
weapons someone trafficking in weapons might have.
And if he was trafficking in weapons he could easily have
been working for one of the alphabet agencies. The ATF
and the CIA are the first that come to mind. That would
explain the amount of weapons and ammo as well as his
claim that he worked for one of them.

Whats he do for a living? Where did he get the kind of
money it would take to buy all those weapons & ammo?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer
Is there any chance that these people were taking advantage of him. If someone knows him, did he really have a fiancé?

I think the more we learn the stranger this seems. This could be a group of people planning a con on someone who is sick, has a big gun collection of expensive guns, and doesn't have someone close enough to notice anyone new in his life. Maybe they had talked him into selling them but he died they got scared and ran?

edit on 7/22/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
I'm a member on a firearm-related board where one of the members is related to this man.

He was a normal guy who was big into collecting guns. There is no conspiracy as far as that goes.

Whether he was murdered or not, I have no idea but the story isn't as "fishy" as the media will try to make it sound. 1,200 guns is a lot but there are several private collections with that many and more.

I used to work for a guy whose collection would make some small armies jealous and he was only 33 years old. He inherited a lot of wealth at a young age and had well over 7 figure money tied up in guns and in the 6 figures worth of ammunition.

Well, that's good to know. I have thought, since reading this, that the guns were not the real issue. If they were, they'd be called illegal already, or they'd haven been stolen. Heck of a collection, in any case!

It's how he died, that he was undiscovered in a car on a street for two weeks and that his claimed fiancee didn't report him dead that has me curious. That and the claims by the fiancee and possibly neighbors that he claimed to be a secret agent of some sort. I wonder if that was tossed in to make the guy look crazy. Seems any time anyone has a lot of guns, people assume that. Remember the fellow some time back, whose girlfriend called the cops on him ONLY because he collected guns? And the cops took them? No crime, even, just, "Gee, why does he have all these guns?", and stupidity from neighbors that never had a single issue with him suddenly claiming that the guns, which they didn't know about before, suddenly made them "afraid".

Can your contact on the forum verify if he actually had a fiancee? Maybe what he did for a living?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

1200 guns! I envy his safety. A more well regulated militia never lived.

Not sure were most of us could store that many, but yeah, would be something to see! Way better than a Beanie Baby collection!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: orbitbaby

Another poster stated that he was a collector; talks to a family member on a gun site. So, big collection, but maybe just that. The rest of the story is still very weird, though!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So what's up with the fiancee's story? Or are you suggesting those claims by the media are not true? I guess if I'm that curious I can always try reading about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Is there any chance that these people were taking advantage of him. If someone knows him, did he really have a fiancé?

I think the more we learn the stranger this seems. This could be a group of people planning a con on someone who is sick, has a big gun collection of expensive guns, and doesn't have someone close enough to notice anyone new in his life. Maybe they had talked him into selling them but he died they got scared and ran?

I have wondered that myself. If this woman is in a will, she needs to be a suspect! The long-time companion of his late father didn't even know he had a fiancee. How likely is that?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

So what's up with the fiancee's story? Or are you suggesting those claims by the media are not true? I guess if I'm that curious I can always try reading about it.

I don't know about all that. The relative doesn't know those details of the case since the police are still investigating.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Well, the media can only report what they hear. If the told the cops that's who she is, that's what would be reported. I'd love to have some verification, though!! I wonder if she'll step in and claim to have bought all of them for him, or something.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Fair enough.

link   

originally posted by: orbitbaby
That's a lot of guns and ammo. A lot. Like the amount of
weapons someone trafficking in weapons might have.
And if he was trafficking in weapons he could easily have
been working for one of the alphabet agencies. The ATF
and the CIA are the first that come to mind. That would
explain the amount of weapons and ammo as well as his
claim that he worked for one of them.

Whats he do for a living? Where did he get the kind of
money it would take to buy all those weapons & ammo?

Nah, people who traffic in guns and ammo don't keep that many on hand in their house or keep stuff of that high quality.

This guy had great taste in guns and was a big-time collector.

Don't let Hollywood's depiction of gun runners fool you.
edit on 7/22/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

link   

I don't know about all that. The relative doesn't know those details of the case since the police are still investigating.

Makes sense. Hopefully, they can stay updated, and relay the information. Does he even know if there was a fiancee??

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Nah, people who traffic in guns and ammo don't keep that many on hand in their house and keep stuff of that high quality.

Now I really want to see pics of his collection! Sounds like enough to make one drool.

Why anyone would trust Hollywood for anything, I can't imagine!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Well, the media can only report what they hear. If the told the cops that's who she is, that's what would be reported. I'd love to have some verification, though!! I wonder if she'll step in and claim to have bought all of them for him, or something.

Maybe, maybe not I guess it depends on what the actual truth is. Alphabet agencies could be feeding them a load of crap, hell, she could be the patsy.
or the lawyer could be cooking up stuff as a deflection of sorts. Like insanity on appeal. Ha

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Watching the video on that second link, with the ID - link - I am not seeing an area where a dead guy could sit unseen in a parked car for two weeks. It's sated he was parked on the street.

How is it possible no one noticed for that long???

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Nah, people who traffic in guns and ammo don't keep that many on hand in their house and keep stuff of that high quality.

Now I really want to see pics of his collection! Sounds like enough to make one drool.

Just in the pics the media has shown, he had at least a couple $4,000+ precision rifles and most of the other stuff they're tossing into piles are all $1,000 and up rifles.

One report claimed the police took a "box of $3000-$4000" scopes which is probably an overstatement but if they were high end like Swarovski, Schmidt and Bender, etc. they'd run $2000+

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Maybe, maybe not I guess it depends on what the actual truth is. Alphabet agencies could be feeding them a load of crap, hell, she could be the patsy.
or the lawyer could be cooking up stuff as a deflection of sorts. Like insanity on appeal. Ha

Either/or is possible. Maybe some facts leaked out, and now either some agency is scrambling, or her attorney is. That she needs one is telling. I don't buy her story that she figured some government agency would take care of things.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Just in the pics the media has shown, he had at least a couple $4,000+ precision rifles and most of the other stuff they're tossing into piles are all $1,000 and up rifles.

One report claimed the police took a "box of $3000-$4000" scopes which is probably an overstatement but if they were high end like Swarovski, Schmidt and Bender, etc. they'd run $2000+

OOOOOOOO

I saw a few in the video. Wonder what the final dollar tally will be! Some collection.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

OOOOOOOO

I saw a few in the video. Wonder what the final dollar tally will be! Some collection.

A conservative estimate would be in the neighborhood of $500k.

I hope he has his will in order and someone who knows the values will be handling his estate. It's a damn shame when a guy builds a collection like this and some ignorant family member sells them all for pennies on the dollar.
edit on 7/22/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Sounds like he may have been an "affiliate" to a gun-running operation by an alphabet agency. He thought he was really working for them -- but they were just using him like a throw-away account to store/hide the guns.

Not a bad place to hide them actually..affluent neighborhood.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join