It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
One more weirdness...

A woman went missing on her way to work, the day her marriage was annulled. Her parents were desperate to find her after a week missing.

Guess who she was off the grid with during that time?

The fiance of the dead guy this thread is about.

WebSleuths - Dawn VadBunker found safe read all 3 pages to get the gist of the matter.

edit on 22-7-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Makes me wanna cry.

What is going to be done with those weapons, and ammo.

Most of the firearms end up being destroyed.

Ammo the PD might get that. Hell the PD might get some of those weapons.

The guy did not work for the CIA, or the FBI.

Just a 'nut' imo.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

This guy is sounding like the type who is on the "dark web", maybe he was a hitman ?

It certainly wouldn't seem out of the ordinary to me for alphabet agencies to hire outside to not get their hands dirty.

They provide the means to get to the target, he does the dirty work and then they bring him back no questions asked..or maybe I've watched too many 80's action movies

ETA: perhaps in actuality the fiancé is the one who is connected to the CIA/FBI and that's why there's no foul play..maybe this guy was being watched and targeted for a while..by her, and her two friends, who apparently don't need to answer to the police.
edit on 22-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What if he was a deep cover straw buyer/supplier for the cartels and knew something that was dangerous to the company???

What was that OP with the guns that went missing into mexico that got the DOJ in trouble awhile back, something like that maybe.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: oletimer

Thanks for that weirdness and thanks to the OP for making my day with this one. It had been slightly crappy and really odd, now reading this I realize my day wasn't so crappy and odd.

I'm as big a 2nd amendment guy as you'll find but I do think 1200 had to have set off some alarms somewhere. I'll never say one can't spend their money where they want or buy guns if they so choose but I also think the fed's wouldn't allow someone to have 1200. I am somewhat ignorant of gun laws as I've never owned one but I am not seeing how one person could legally obtain that many weapons.

Where did the money come from is but one of the questions I have, and the missing chick aspect makes this even odder than it already was. Makes me think of the Ted Binion thing years ago here where they might have thought he was killed, then someone was found unearthing his hidden cache of money, then it got weirder after that, even. Blah blah blah, not relevant really just made me think of that one.

Whatever. I'm just going to follow this one and not ask questions. There is way too many to ask. Crikey, life is strange.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I doubt the guy with 1200 guns was part of any Government agency.

More likely he was a mentally ill paranoid schizophrenic, who listened to the voices in his head.

Someone who hoards that many firearms, and then dies without being noticed is hardly going to be a Government agent.

It's not a mystery, it's a simple issue of mental health.

The mystery is how he managed to accumulate 1,200 guns a two tons of ammo and not show up on anyone's radar as a potential threat.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
One more weirdness...

A woman went missing on her way to work, the day her marriage was annulled. Her parents were desperate to find her after a week missing.

Guess who she was off the grid with during that time?

The fiance of the dead guy this thread is about.

WebSleuths - Dawn VadBunker found safe read all 3 pages to get the gist of the matter.

Wow, that is seriously weird!!! I wonder of the husband she split with has any connection? This just gets more and more bizarre!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

To think of all those guns being destroyed is truly sad! I hope they find good homes, instead. Preferably not with the cops, either. A family member, or sold by the same, would be best.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

This guy is sounding like the type who is on the "dark web", maybe he was a hitman ?

It certainly wouldn't seem out of the ordinary to me for alphabet agencies to hire outside to not get their hands dirty.

They provide the means to get to the target, he does the dirty work and then they bring him back no questions asked..or maybe I've watched too many 80's action movies

ETA: perhaps in actuality the fiancé is the one who is connected to the CIA/FBI and that's why there's no foul play..maybe this guy was being watched and targeted for a while..by her, and her two friends, who apparently don't need to answer to the police.

Maybe he was. He didn't mention, at least that we have heard, what sort of work he did for said agency. Then again,, maybe she is the one, and he was a target. Seems less likely, though, because you'd think a pro would have disposed of the body and the weapons, before anyone knew there was an issue!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
S&F Wow, what a story. This should be what is on the news. Thanks for sharing.
Every gun I have is registered just like Uncle Sam has asked.

So are these traceable guns? Are these a "shipment", his guns, stolen guns??????

I think this will help answer some of our questions.
edit on 7/22/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
What if he was a deep cover straw buyer/supplier for the cartels and knew something that was dangerous to the company???

What was that OP with the guns that went missing into mexico that got the DOJ in trouble awhile back, something like that maybe.

Fast and Furious, I suspect, is the one you mean. Could be something similar. If so, it's a safe bet we won't get the truth, though!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just in
Man with 1200 guns ID'ed

man found dead in a vehicle in a Pacific Palisades neighborhood and later tied to a home where police found a massive cache of firearms was a 60-year-old longtime Los Angeles County resident who mostly kept to himself, according to interviews..

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: oletimer

Thanks for that weirdness and thanks to the OP for making my day with this one. It had been slightly crappy and really odd, now reading this I realize my day wasn't so crappy and odd.

Most welcome! I love the weird stories myself, and any good mystery, and this is certainly both! The missing woman, connected to the fiancee, makes it mega-strange! As if it wasn't weird enough before that!!

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
I'm as big a 2nd amendment guy as you'll find but I do think 1200 had to have set off some alarms somewhere. I'll never say one can't spend their money where they want or buy guns if they so choose but I also think the fed's wouldn't allow someone to have 1200. I am somewhat ignorant of gun laws as I've never owned one but I am not seeing how one person could legally obtain that many weapons. *snip*

I am myself, and while the number does seem like a lot, I am not sure there are any laws actually limiting what one can own. Should there be? Honesty, I don't think so. If someone wants to buy them, and isn't using them for criminal purposes, it's their business. The neighborhood is said to be "affluent", though it seems the fiancee might have owned the home, but it's very possible he had a lot of money. I haven't read anything about what he supposedly did for a living, beyond the claims of being some sort of secret agent. That could pay well.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
I doubt the guy with 1200 guns was part of any Government agency.

More likely he was a mentally ill paranoid schizophrenic, who listened to the voices in his head.

Just because he had a lot of guns? That isn't a reason to assume someone listens to voices in their head, or is crazy.

Someone who hoards that many firearms, and then dies without being noticed is hardly going to be a Government agent.

Do you really believe a dead guy could sit in a car, on a street in an affluent neighborhood, and no one notice? Something is off there. If there was foul play, too, a delay would help cover any signs. Think about it.

It's not a mystery, it's a simple issue of mental health.

The mystery is how he managed to accumulate 1,200 guns a two tons of ammo and not show up on anyone's radar as a potential threat.

Again, owning a lot of guns isn't a sign of mental illness, and even if he was mentally ill, that wouldn't have anything to do with the body not being discovered. This isn't about gun ownership, but about a real mystery, with the cause of death, the delay, the failure o report it by his fiancee, and so forth. The guns are only a small part of that. Add in the missing woman, employed by the fiancee, and it's even stranger.

But all you see is a cray person with a lot of guns? Open your eyes.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

S&F Wow, what a story. This should be what is on the news. Thanks for sharing.
Every gun I have is registered just like Uncle Sam has asked.

So are these traceable guns? Are these a "shipment", his guns, stolen guns??????

I think this will help answer some of our questions.

I'd love to know that myself! Of course, some areas, gun registration isn't required, but I am pretty sure it is in California. So far, they seem to think they were all legal, so that's something. Makes it weirder, though, because a gun runner would be a likely target. A legal gun owner, on the other hand, and the guns not being stolen? The body left on the street while his claimed fiancee (if she is even that...) runs off to Oregon with an employee who is then reported missing by her parents? It's like a movie plot, or something for a two-episode detective-type show.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: anniquity
Just in
Man with 1200 guns ID'ed

man found dead in a vehicle in a Pacific Palisades neighborhood and later tied to a home where police found a massive cache of firearms was a 60-year-old longtime Los Angeles County resident who mostly kept to himself, according to interviews..

The mystery deepens. So, this woman who knew him as well as anyone had no idea he was engaged. No idea what he did for a living. Claims he changed suddenly, dropping out of school, and giving out little to no information. And, his name definitely wasn't "Bob Smith". Thanks for the update!!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So the way I see it, her story may very well be true to a degree. I haven't researched to see what claims she actually made and whether it's taped or not, but that being said a few things a plausible.

17 years is a long time especially if you're stuck with someone you don't want to be. Maybe the relationship was a cover for him and she was a deviant who got hoodwinked into the role or face some charges. He dies and she's like "snip it, let those snips deal with that snip. Freedom! Who's up for a trip?"

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm a member on a firearm-related board where one of the members is related to this man.

He was a normal guy who was big into collecting guns. There is no conspiracy as far as that goes.

Whether he was murdered or not, I have no idea but the story isn't as "fishy" as the media will try to make it sound. 1,200 guns is a lot but there are several private collections with that many and more.

I used to work for a guy whose collection would make some small armies jealous and he was only 33 years old. He inherited a lot of wealth at a young age and had well over 7 figure money tied up in guns and in the 6 figures worth of ammunition.
edit on 7/22/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

1200 guns! I envy his safety. A more well regulated militia never lived.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
So the way I see it, her story may very well be true to a degree. I haven't researched to see what claims she actually made and whether it's taped or not, but that being said a few things a plausible.

17 years is a long time especially if you're stuck with someone you don't want to be. Maybe the relationship was a cover for him and she was a deviant who got hoodwinked into the role or face some charges. He dies and she's like "snip it, let those snips deal with that snip. Freedom! Who's up for a trip?"

I am not sure how anyone could verify that she was, or wasn't, his fiancee. She could produce someone that verified the claim, but unless a lot of people witnessed a proposal, it would be hard to say one way or another. We don't know, either, how long they were supposed to have been engaged. Still, it's stated that it was her house, so she had money. The article on the missing woman describes her as someone that owned a lot of property, so she wasn't tied to him financially. Well, unless there was some blackmail involved. If that was the case, you would think she would be called a suspect.

Still, even if that was the case, going on a trip instead of reporting him dead would, you'd think, raise at least some suspicion. If he was holding something over her head, that would be a sure way to make the cops start looking.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join