It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

That's very possible, and certainly, if he is portrayed as some control freak crazy person, a good attorney could use that. Still, wouldn't it be simpler to just come back, "find" him in the car, and tell police she discovered him dead after returning from a trip? The only way I could see that not working is if there is, in fact, video footage from the store where she claims he died, but if that's the case, she's already in trouble.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrChrisp

Yeah, whatever is in those storage units, it should provide some more answers. Unless, of course, it's so weird that it brings out more questions.
Foo and water caches are certainly possible, and the remaining vehicles.

I agree; there is likely some place in Oregon that he knew about, and to which she and her friends were taking various items. I wonder, if they weren't discovered, if they could have made several trips, moving lot more. Heck, I wonder how many more people are involved, and if the storage units could have been emptied!

We may never know.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I'd like to know how he wasn't noticed for two weeks. Was nobody paying attention to their surroundings?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Because if he was alone at the house before he died and she therefore had no knowledge until returning, the house gets ransacked for a solution to this mystery and they have no starting point, she gets cuffed at the initial discovery of the guns and a negative press release goes out first, then later they confirm the guns are legal and let her go.

She needed to lawyer up and had to explain why, and he helped her direct the starting point of the investigation and put it outside the house, and she gets to make the first statement.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Answer
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

They probably washed over the "explosives" nonsense because they were legal to own.

I've also seen local LEOs back home call reloading supplies "explosives" in similar circumstances, it sounds so much more dramatic on the news that way.

Very true.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I think it is time to stop following the bread crumbs. We all know they are going to lead to the yellow brick road, and what follows that.

You need to look at the facts. Separate them by what is observable and tangible. There is plenty of distracting data and speculation, but it is not there to lead you to the most plausible or the truth.

While at first glance, I rejected the code message idea, but after I looked at some of these stories, and noticed who and how the stories are being reported, it does make its own kind of sense. It is a brilliant way to disseminate information to a large number of people all around the world. Big problem. Since we are here guessing, the message is not for us.

Right in our faces would be a great way to disseminate info, for certain! Most would never suspect anything that out in the open.

Bits and pieces are coming out, but not in one complete story. You find the pieces in separate stories, a little addition at a time. Almost as a jigsaw puzzle. Starting with the first story. Look at the dates reported involving the event. Look at what is added, when, by whom. Look at what is being repeated and what is being obfuscated.

I would think, having to evacuate the whole area, and having to diffuse a bomb on premises, that was strong enough to take down the whole hillside, would be something everyone would be talking about. Maybe they know a hell of a lot more then they are feeding us, but they don't want the people behind this, to know how much they know.

At this stage, the explosives are being considered, by most, just part and parcel with all of the guns, the work of some "crazy person", and comments elsewhere online actually talk about him as though it's a miracle he didn't go off on a shooting spree. A lot of people are following their programming quite well.

Too much is adding up in the wrong column. We are being mislead because they know the internet in full of people who will take any craziness and run with it. Make it go viral, as is the custom of the day. There is no better way to dump a massive amount of information clandestinely, to huge numbers of people, all over the world. They have no way of being able to escape receiving the message, as it will pop up in their communications as a "Look what has gone viral", message. Maybe I need to start paying closer attention to all the nuisance pop ups, I fight so hard to avoid, and maybe I better learn how to use Twitter.

I don't think running around in circles following the same path of crumbs is going to make this event make anymore sense. I think there is a lot of information, that for some reason, is being ignored. I think some is being pushed, to make it seem silly, frivolous, and just more internet craziness. Yet, for some reason, my gut tells me something else is going on here. Something important.

I suspect one might need some seriously fancy algorithms to sort it all out. Some sort of computer program that could spot the patterns, without having the key, and maybe help determine what was important, and what really wasn't.

Big questions for me. Who adopts a 37 year old women with teenage children? That is a story in itself. Something is a miss here, and likely plays a remote part.

Apparently, that happened fairly recently, too. Never heard of such a thing, and that we are supposed to believe she's gone off the deep end, following some kook, is very suspicious. That part of the story, the hybrid stuff, came from the adopted mother. The attorney might have "verified" it since, I can't recall, but it does smell like one huge diversion.

Why wash over the information about the explosives, the size, amount, its deadliness? Okay, a great stash of cheap guns " could " have been a threat, and were likely to be disseminated on the streets like candy, to trigger some kind of intercity riots, killings and allow the government to walk in and squash everyone under complete police and military rule. But why the massive explosives? To protect the stash? The stash was expendable, as was the guy, so that doesn't make sense. I think the answer to this question takes high priority. There are way too many scary possibilities in the answers to these questions.

Every time I read a new accounting I have more questions. Maybe we need to be deciphering some of the clues.

It is odd that the explosives and evacuation don't seem to be big elements, if present at all, in all of the many articles on the case! After the guns, you'd think the media would be all over that. Yet, thy aren't. We get that from FB. Very strange, indeed.

At this point, all we know for certain is that there were a lot of guns. We don't know how he died, exactly where or when, no official ID on the body, no idea what he did for a living, and we have a lot of crazy details coming out. Where are the pics of the vehicles? We have seen the guns, so why not the cars? It's very odd.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xXGriMe
This guy was supposedly very secretive and was a loner. Is it possible that this guy won the lottery and just decided to stay anon about it? That would explain how he got the money. People who don't socialize very much and stay inside their own head to long can go psychotic. If he was psychotic it would explain why he believed he was a half alien hybrid and worked for a government agency. It was also said he died of a late stage cancer. Maybe a brain tumor was causing his psychotic behavior. If he really did believe this maybe that's why he had all those guns and ammo. The guns, ammo, and vehicles could have also represented the need to prove his belief to others.

If i knew someone with such a stash and they told me they worked for a government agency i would have no problem believing them. With the 10 years he was with his girlfriend he could have done things to trick her into believing the whole alien thing as well.

I don't know i have a feeling with the way he was described he had a mental illness and no one bothered to have him checked out because from their point of view he had the evidence to back up his story with his stash and money.

I don't know if they have some way to publicly recognize big lottery winners or not. Surely, though, there would be records someplace. Of course, they could be in another state. That's certainly an angle the cops could follow up.

I know people who have done intel work, and how they talk, so if I met someone personally, and they had the right sort of dialogue, I might well believe them. I would hope I could spot a phony, but who knows? All the guns, though, don't seem likely for a clandestine agent of some sort. Same for the explosives. Unless his job was some seriously deep black ops sort of thing, and even then, you'd think they would use a warehouse or something, not a private home. Maybe he actually believed he was, though, because some other group convinced him of it. As in, they recruited him, convinced him he was going to be a secret agent of some sort, and he's been working for them for years, thinking he was working for the government.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well if the coded message stuff is true, the numbers would definitely play into it as well, which is why they keep focusing on the exact numbers in all the articles:

1200 guns
14 cars
6.5 tons of ammo = 13,000
230,000 dollars cash

They keep making a HUGE deal out of this "car designed to drive underwater" which is very strange because it's probably just a 4x4 with a snorkel. Why do they keep harping on that like it's some amazing discovery?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: paulmac
Could this be the same Allan Lash

www.arfb.com...

Seems unlikely, given the location. If you could locate a pic of that guy, it might help, to compare with the fuzzy one we have for this Lash.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Not the best pic but it reminds me of Archer
Archer

LOL! Kind of does, doesn't it?

originally posted by: Bedlam
He also went by "Mark Miller" if I'm not mistaken.

Do you have a source? Of course, that's such a common name, it ould be hard to trace anything for certain!

originally posted by: megabogie
a reply to: xXGriMe

Your idea made me think of the movie "They might be Giants" with George C. Scott. He thinks he's Sherlock Holmes and his Dr. Watson is a psychiatrist trying to convince him he is not. It is a very good movie. Not near as kooky as this real life mystery we're trying to solve...but worth the time to watch.

I still think it's possible he was working for someone that told him they were the government. If you think about it, such a tale would be good for them. If caught, as the transfer man, all he could tell them woud be, "But, I work for you guys!"

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I overlooked the following from a recent news article. The images are too large to post here.

A closeup shows a list attorney Robert Rentzer said was written by Jeffrey Lash in 1991, itemizing guns that were stolen from him. (Credit: KTLA)

tribktla.files.wordpress.com...

tribktla.files.wordpress.com...

Source: He Could Have Been Working for Anyone

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: oletimer

Well, now, if that is her dad, you know she's got connections! Seems like he was well liked, too.

originally posted by: Answer
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

They probably washed over the "explosives" nonsense because they were legal to own. Binary explosives are often used as targets by recreational shooters. They're perfectly safe, even when mixed, because they require a high velocity impact to detonate. If this guy had serious bomb-making materials, you'd hear more about it.

His guns weren't cheap and were certainly not the type found "on the street." He had high-end stuff that collectors love.

I think this is just a case of an avid collector who came into some money but kept it a secret. He told elaborate stories to hide the source of his wealth and maybe went a bit nuts as he got older.

Or maybe he pulled off a big robbery at some point and he was avoiding hospitals and such so his identity wouldn't be revealed.

Good call on the explosives, I think. But then, why evacuate? Maybe using that as an excuse to move something else out of the place?

He was definitely hiding. Whether that was all in his head, or he was being used by someone, it's hard to say. Feel bad for him, either way.

originally posted by: randyvs
Will they even be able to obtain a warrant for the storage containers? And if not
might they actualy come to auction.....of the..alien hy...brid dead guy?

WHERE are those storages located? I'm just outside L.A.

In your place, I'd do all I could to look into that! Heck, I'd try filming from a distance as they went through them, if I could! Of course, if he really was a MIB or something, they'd catch you.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I'd like to know how he wasn't noticed for two weeks. Was nobody paying attention to their surroundings?

Me, too! The smell alone would be sure to attract attention, and flies. I wonder if the car was actually there all that time. If so, what the heck is wrong with his neighbors???

originally posted by: The Vagabond
reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Because if he was alone at the house before he died and she therefore had no knowledge until returning, the house gets ransacked for a solution to this mystery and they have no starting point, she gets cuffed at the initial discovery of the guns and a negative press release goes out first, then later they confirm the guns are legal and let her go.

She needed to lawyer up and had to explain why, and he helped her direct the starting point of the investigation and put it outside the house, and she gets to make the first statement.

Maybe. The whole hybrid thing seems off to me, but then, a lot of people would believe it, so who knows? I still have a hunch it's weirder than that. I cold be wrong, but time will tell. Maybe.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is the guy the pic reminds me of.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

A good place to start would be to look for supposed UFO landing sites, crop circles or sites of high paranormal activity in Oregon.

Then cross reference that with the proximity of the motel one of them was staying at, although I don't know if the area she was in was mentioned or not.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Any thoughts on what the numbers could mean, if they are a code? Of course, they could be related to something specific, that isn't included in the messages, and we might never know. Keeping track of them might not be a bad idea, however, in case something seemingly unrelated pops up down the road, with those numbers!

I thought about a snorkel, such as the car in Dante's Peak, but they say "underwater" as though it means deeper. No pics, though. I'd like to see that car, and see why they make such a big deal out of it! If it's so amazing, then amaze us, please.
Why do they show the guns, and not the cars? Gee, cars don't fit into psycho labels as well, and they want him to look like another "gun nut"?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Jeffery Alan Lash was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon in 2009, and the charge was dismissed.

LA Criminal Case Summary

Paste in code: 9WA12818

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: oletimer

Nice find on the pics! Saved those, in case they vanish,a s stuff has a habit of doing. Looking at that list, my hubby says that isn't the list of a gun aficionado, and that it looks to him more like that of an amateur, or at least someone not so familiar with guns.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

A good place to start would be to look for supposed UFO landing sites, crop circles or sites of high paranormal activity in Oregon.

Then cross reference that with the proximity of the motel one of them was staying at, although I don't know if the area she was in was mentioned or not.

I haven't spotted a specific location. That's a possibility, though, if they really believed his claims. I think they may have. I think he may have. Getting the feeling, stronger than before, that he was being used by some group, and was convinced of his claims, so that he couldn't reveal them if caught. Kind of creepy to think about.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
Jeffery Alan Lash was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon in 2009, and the charge was dismissed.

LA Criminal Case Summary

Paste in code: 9WA12818

Yeah, I think that's the one mentioned, that was dismissed because they sai the stuff was stowed properly, so they let it go. Maybe having a fiancee with a judge daddy helped, too?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join