It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of dead man and his 1,200 guns deepens

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

This entire story is ridiculous. It sounds like a Woody Allen film!

The fiancé leaves "Bob" in a car after he cashes it in at the parking lot? Never bothered to take him to an emergency room?

She leaves for Oregon with out a care in the World...then comes back and has her high profile, criminal defense attorney contact the police to make sure someone found "BoB"? What a caring, sincere, sweetie to check on her fiancé like that.

Wouldn't know on the film reference; that's one I avoid like the plague. As for the fiancee, yeah, she's a real piece of work! Would love a pic of her, but all I have seen is one of the woman who went to Oregon with her. Betting her eyes sre stone cold.

Jeesh - first clue that this is all kinds of wrong - the body going unnoticed for 2 weeks in a townhouse complex that is baking in the LA heat? Not to be morbid, but that body would have been highly um, shall we say, pungent smelling within a few days. The car may have been there 2 weeks, but no way the body was.

That bugs me as well, a lot! How, in an affluent neighborhood, is it possible, in summer heat, for no one to notice that?!?!? I don't buy it. I wonder if there are any cameras in the area that could show if the car was really there all that time, or any t hat could show it being moved. Cops should be checking all along any route into or out of the area where the car was found. All that time, in the land of health nuts, and no jogger spotted it, no one walking a dog, no cop cruising around or security guard? In an affluent neighborhood? No way!

Also, in the article it stated the Coroner's autopsy could not determine the cause of death? I thought "Bob" was in late stage terminal cancer. At the very least, shouldn't cancer have shown up in the autopsy?

Yeah, they haven't said, at least not that I have read, whether they found cancer in the autopsy, or were told he had it by the fiancee. Not a type mentioned, either. And saying he had it, but not calling it a cause of death? If they won't name that as the cause, why are they still claiming not to suspect any foul play? Nothing here adds up.

Sounds like la fiancé and her posse were supposed to get paid for doing away with old "Bob" by the mob, cartel, alpha agency, who knows which, and she got the double cross and now her tush has gone from the fat to the frying pan! Chock it up to MK Ultra :0! just kidding (I think.)

Great thread OP! Ya gotta love a good murder mystery. Just sorry that good old "Bob" got hung out to dry.

That's possible. Or, someone else took him out, and she ended up on the scene with the poison hit, and was stuck holding the bag. Either way, I'd love to know what she and her pal were doing in Oregon! Selling some guns is my guess.

TY! I do love mysteries like this, though I fell bad for Bob. Dying, and treated that way? Too messed up!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Yeah he was a collecter alright.
Maybe dude was pro gun control and was try'n a buy up all the
guns in the world to save the little childrens.
Guy croaks and no one wants to bring Johnny around so
there he is for an extended duration.

Definitely a collector. Why, who knows? Maybe he just had a lot of disposable income, and really liked guns. I still think the guns are the smallest part of the mystery.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Many people are talking about this story and a couple of other major news events........This reads like a story line in a television show or movie.....I wonder if this is some kind of diversion for the masses. Get people talking and trending about this issue while other issues fall into the cracks.

Something stinks about this story for a couple of reasons.

It's possible. Either way, it is quite interesting. Still, looking around at what else is going on isn't a bad idea. I wonder what nonsense is going through Congress, or under the auto pen in the White House, right now. I even wonder if there isn't a bigger goal for the hybrid claim. Have a feeling this is far from resolved, though!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You've got that right. This dude was nuttier than squirrel turds if what people are saying is true.

He must have been very convincing since the people close to him actually believed his outrageous claims.

The guns, ammo, and cars are not that outrageous but telling people you're a half-alien government operative who can't go to the hospital is definitely a new level of crazy. The crazy part is that it seems like the family's attorney is starting to believe it, too, because he said that all the facts seem to corroborate the guy's story.
edit on 7/24/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
Something else thats weird the guns were worth Millions 5 I believe how did he afford them?! Most of them were registered to him and he paid for them in cash. Plus the 250000 dollars laying around in his town home. He also has numerous storage containers around the city with more stuff they haven't even found yet.The story is very strange and the media is making it seem that his fiancee was delusional or mentally Ill and so was the dead guy. Just really weird. Maybe he was a real man in black? I want to hear more!

How, indeed? That is a bigger mystery than the guns themselves. I can't wait to hear what's i the storage units. I wonder how many are under his real name, if, indeed, he is who they think he is. Maybe they don't have an official ID because they need a DNA sample from a relative to be sure he is who they believe him to be. What if they get one, and he isn't? I want to hear more, too! A MIB......hmmmm......

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Get ready. I think this one is about to get stranger yet.

Where's Rod Serling when you need him most?

I told you this was going into the Twilight Zone.

Like a speeding freight train! I can almost hear Rod Serling narrating in the back of my mind. Any day now, Mulder will come onto the scene. Maybe they will find an alien craft in storage.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
Considering that the weapons count has increased to 1500, the ammo has increased to 6.5 tons, $1/4 million cash laying around, more storage locations to search, and with 14 highly modified vehicles, I'd say $5 million isn't out of the question.

So, where did the money come from?

You know, that raises another question in my mind. We cold assume he was crazy, claiming to be a hybrid, and we could assume he was a survivalist type, with all of the guns, cash, ammo, and vehicles for all occasions, but here's the catch; what crazy person could earn that much money?!? I find it very difficult to believe that someone off the deep end could earn that kind of salary. Not the collecting as a sign of crazy, but the claims. So, best guess, he wasn't crazy. Where does that leave us??

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Definitely a collector. Why, who knows? Maybe he just had a lot of disposable income, and really liked guns. I still think the guns are the smallest part of the mystery.

Sometimes you just have file under, we aren't going to get the whole
picture ever. So mystery is all we're left with. I bet there are more than
one persons out there who could solve it for us. But if it isn't in their
best interest? All we have is a gun collector nobody really cared much for.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Occam's razor says the man was in the black market arms trade. He would buy a few weapons a week at various gun shows so that he wouldn't get a background check that might alert the authorities to him, then he would sell them to criminals or other parties who did not want their background checked for cash money. The actual sales would be conducted in a safe house or back alley in another city. He told his girlfriend weird stories to explain his mysterious behavior. This does not preclude him being a bit of a nut as well.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I think the fiance will be fine.

Never underestimate the stupidity of others.

Let us just assume the gun hoarder was FOS about working for some alphabet agency. Let us also assume the fiancee believed the hoarders line of BS.

Stupidity isn't a crime and she has already demonstrated that she is indeed stupid. She may even be a bit paranoid which would give her a perfect legal defense for not bringing in the authorities.

Possible, and these days, who knows! The authorities aren't always logical.

Still, I have a feeling this is seriously weird, maybe more so than we can assume from the details so far. Just a hunch, but still.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Occam's razor says the man was in the black market arms trade. He would buy a few weapons a week at various gun shows so that he wouldn't get a background check that might alert the authorities to him, then he would sell them to criminals or other parties who did not want their background checked for cash money. The actual sales would be conducted in a safe house or back alley in another city. He told his girlfriend weird stories to explain his mysterious behavior. This does not preclude him being a bit of a nut as well.

Coming from someone who knows boat loads about the firearm industry, Occam's razor says you're incorrect.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, lots more info to digest! Going for one post here for that, instead of several.

1. Nebron's name might be Gorin? One article has it hyphenated.

Man found dead in car with 1,200 weapons at home thought he was a spy

From that article, too -

On 3 July, the couple and a friend were shopping at a supermarket in Santa Monica, a few miles away from the house, when Lash became unwell and died in the outdoor parking lot.

So, is there video footage? Seems there would have to be. Should that not be released? At least e could see if any of Nebron/Gorin/whoever's story could be corroborated. We could also see, for certain, who else was present. We are told VadBunker was there, and now, some unnamed doctor. What sort of doctor? A real MD< or a holistic type? If an acrual MD< he's legally obligated to report a dead body, especially if he tried reviving the guy.

Also -

Lash’s neighbours said they too were told Lash had worked for the CIA and found him odd. One employee of the Casa Nostra restaurant said Lash and Nebron-Gorin had eaten most of their meals there for the past seven years. Invariably, Lash would order raw filet mignon.

So, this has been mentioned before, but it needs more attention. Raw filet mignon? Including the bacon wrap?? Very weird! Do we know what he bought for groceries?

Then there is this -

BREAKING NEWS: Dead Man with Weapons Cache Had Second Residence in Sunset Mesa, Post Learns

The property manager where he apparently lived for ten years stated he always saw him dressed in black. So, for the poster mentioning MIBs, there you go!

The aversion to cameras, and avoidance of police, is weird, too. Someone with that much money wouldn't worry about his insurance rate going up for one accident. Not wanting his ID seen is telling as well.

Then there is the "Skinny Bob" moniker, and that seriously creepy alien video. Seen that before, but I didn't make the connection. Nice catch, there! Too weird, with him claiming to be a hybrid.

Then there is this Jocelyn, who might or might not be missing. There is the question of why he didn't seem to live any place under his own name, or even an assumed one. Always someone else's place. Why? If he had an assumed name, and all that money, he could get fake ID and rent his own place. So, why always with someone else?

So, just a crazy guy, with delusions, and people believing him? No way! No way a crazy guy could have that much disposable income. No sign of any big inheritance, so where did the money come from? It would have to be earned, or some really BIG payoff, for something. Anyone in the military knows that you don't get huge payoffs for injuries or illness. Even a big CIA payoff wouldn't provide enough for fourteen highly modified vehicles, and 12-1500 expensive weapons, and 6.5 tons of ammo. Plus, let's not forget, several storage units with God knows what inside. If he had some big secret that would warrant such a big payoff, wouldn't they just kill him, instead? Yeah, maybe he as killed, but not before he got his hands on a lot of money. Crazy doesn't add up. He had to earn that somewhere, and no one that crazy would be capable of that sort of earning, especially in a criminal enterprise, where a clear head would be vital.

The workroom/garage. Yes, it's weird. No hammer, no pliers, maybe a single screwdriver, no hardware. But chisels, a square, a level, wire strippers, some sort of sealant, and wire and tape? That's for the explosives, is my guess. We know he had those, so it isn't a stretch to connect the work area to them. Both together, and yeah, something shady there. Who has explosives in a townhouse, for any normal reason?

Oh, and the attorney has a connection to a case involving money laundering and Contra rebels??? Huh.......that's a good angle to pursue! High end guns could be a good way to launder money. And the fiancee just happens to contact that attorney. I wonder if Lash is the guy from that story. With the records seized, we will likely never know.

I wonder if there is a single picture of this man, alive. I want to know what he looked like. But he dodged cameras, even when out to eat. Who was this man, really?

And, please, I don't want this to stay a mystery! i want answers. I love a good mystery, but I prefer them with an eventual solution!!

Thanks again to all providing updates! This rabbit hole is getting so deep, I keep expecting to come across a balrog tumbling down with us (if you can pardon the mixed metaphor). Is there a bottom?? We really need Rod Serling to come along and explain this one for us. I flat can't believe this is all mundane kookiness. It has a very weird feel. Did from the start, though I had no idea why, before the fiancee stuff hit the news!

So many questions, and no answers, I feel like a castaway on the LOST island.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Coming from someone who knows boat loads about the firearm industry, Occam's razor says you're incorrect.

I know it could take time, but since you have the knowledge, any chance you could ID the weapons we see in the pics, to get a cost estimate on at least those?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Alright, wait a minute, here.......

He is supposed to have been with Nebron/Gorin/whoever she actually is for seventeen years, right? But he was also supposed to be living for ten years with this Jocelyn person, as a roommate, for ten, till about four months ago? Why do I not buy some part of that? Who would allow their fiancee to live with another woman for ten years? The property manager there confirms he lived there, so Nebron/Gorin/whoever isn't being honest. Now, that same manager said he assumed she was a girlfriend or fiancee, but more and more, I suspect that was a cover story for something else.

Also, according to this, Nebron and her FRIENDS (note the pluraL) went to Oregon. So, VadBunker and the doc? Some other friend?

Body of man decomposed in car with small arsenal at home

Lash told Nebron the government agencies would take care of his body and the items in the home, so Nebron and her friends took a trip to Oregon, distraught.

And there is till this -

Authorities don't believe there was any foul play involved, but won't give a cause until there is more investigation.

How can they have all this, and not suspect foul play?
edit on 24-7-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: more info

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I think the fiance will be fine.

Never underestimate the stupidity of others.

Let us just assume the gun hoarder was FOS about working for some alphabet agency. Let us also assume the fiancee believed the hoarders line of BS.

Stupidity isn't a crime and she has already demonstrated that she is indeed stupid. She may even be a bit paranoid which would give her a perfect legal defense for not bringing in the authorities.

Possible, and these days, who knows! The authorities aren't always logical.

Still, I have a feeling this is seriously weird, maybe more so than we can assume from the details so far. Just a hunch, but still.

Of course, this is just my hunch as well, but I am basing it off of life experience.

There are some seriously weird people in the world and no shortage of fake experts claiming to be spies, SF, undercover, ectera.. In my experience there has also been no shortage of people who have been gullible enough to believe them whole heartedly.

Because I have seen many cases of such people and believers I am inclined to think this is yet another case of the same.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

OP I have to commend you...you are the most attentive thread host I have ever met on ATS! You have taken the time to read and respond to every contributor...some that didn't even deserve a response. Thank you for making us all feel at home and I look forward to future threads authored by you.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Of course, this is just my hunch as well, but I am basing it off of life experience.

There are some seriously weird people in the world and no shortage of fake experts claiming to be spies, SF, undercover, ectera.. In my experience there has also been no shortage of people who have been gullible enough to believe them whole heartedly.

Because I have seen many cases of such people and believers I am inclined to think this is yet another case of the same.

Oh, I know you aren't wrong, on the possibility. Heck, I knew a guy working at a fast food place, way back when I did for awhile, who claimed he was a spy. Seemed normal, but for that. Still, if he was that crazy, where did the money come from? No homes under his own name, that we yet know about, but fourteen vehicles registered to him, all the weapons, ammo, explosives, and cash, a 17-year fiancee, who he didn't live with for most of the last ten years, and the body undiscovered that long, and all the rest? There is crazy, and then there is plain weird.

Either way, it's a heck of a ride! I still want pics of the fiancee, and of him. Some old school records, something to show he is who they think he is, something. There has to be something. Online searching isn't going well in that regard.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: megabogie

OP I have to commend you...you are the most attentive thread host I have ever met on ATS! You have taken the time to read and respond to every contributor...some that didn't even deserve a response. Thank you for making us all feel at home and I look forward to future threads authored by you.

Appreciate that! I try. Sure I have missed a few here and there, but I do try and hit all the ones specifically addressed to me, at the least. Easier now than it used to be; had an old thread I missed replies to completely. Hate doing that!

I do enjoy starting threads, but most of the time, the cool stories are already up. Nice being able to catch this one! And, thanks!

To the thread, anyone in the area, or anyone with a search type account that could locate some records on the guy? It would be great if we could trace his activities some way.
edit on 24-7-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
...and......how we didn't catch this before, but the companion of his late father owned a medical laboratory?? And he's claimed to have been a hybrid. I want to know what lab the guy owned!!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Is there an age on this guy? I've been told Yahoo originally reported an age in the 80s. Another tid bit that I can't find.

Same person who claimed he saw a pic of destroyed guns on yahoo. I know this is all hearsay, but this person reads yahoo news every morning and has amazing retention and focus.

I thought maybe they used a stock pic from a gun buy back or the like, but I just can't find either bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join