It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Changes Oath of Allegiance for New Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am getting the impression that this administration is just throwing up flack at this point.

There may not be any reason other than simple distraction.

If it isn't just interference, there may very well be some disruptive or even nefarious purpose. The military "purges" are very troubling.
edit on 22-7-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Sremmos80

under what legal grounds can they be convicted? they never swore an oath to defend the country.

Prosecutor: your honor he refused to register for the draft and be conscripted to defend the country.
defense attorney: your honor he isn`t from this country and never swore an oath to defend this country.

Judge: not guilty

Your honor he was born in this county and never sworn and oath to defend it. The born or not born in this country has nothing to do with it. Period. Once you are a citizen you are required to follow the same laws as everybody else. If you refuse to say the Pledge of Allegiance in School you can not then commit treason and get away with it because you refused to take an oath before. If at their swearing in a new citizen mumbles the words to a rap song instead of saying the actual words they do not then get a free pass to do whatever they want.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Aw so in the court of tardacus it has been decreed.

Must be true then.

You can still be drafted just put in a postion that is not combat related iirc from what I was looking up earlier.

As pointed our above, even citizens of natural birth can do it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like the USCIS (the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) has changed the oath that people take when becoming a U.S. Citizen.

No longer is it necessary to swear an oath to defend the nation !!!

I wonder who's idea this was, and why it seems so important to change the Oath?

It seems to be based on religious training and belief or a conscientious objection.

Why *NOW* all of a sudden ???

Well dont know when the USA was in a war on home turf, but maybe you could fill in that part =)

Obama Changes Oath of Allegiance for New Americans, Takes Out Pledge to Defend the USA

Newly naturalized Americans will no longer have to pledge to defend the USA thanks to the Obama administration’s decision to remove the lines requiring new citizens to bear arms on behalf of the United States or perform noncombatant duties in the armed forces in times of war.

Obama’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ruled that effective on July 21 of this year, some candidates for naturalization will skip the services clause while taking the oath to become Americans.

So that means that in an age when people are streaming here to pretend to become Americans in order to commit acts of terror, now Obama won’t even ask them to voice the words that they will defend the USA.

Hmmm

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Right! like the average John or Jane Doe can afford to pay $5 to $10 for an automatic weapon.

When the state gets to by NEW for less than a grand.

High price doesn't make it illegal. I can't afford a private plane either but I'm not going around saying that private planes are illegal.

To be a 'proud' support of the 2nd is to have the belief in how it was written many,many years ago.

The right to keep, and bear arms was unconditional.

It's a good thing that I think that too then.

Not for what a 'democrat' thinks it should mean.

Funny how so often the 9th is left out there. Because DENY,and DISPARAGE means the same thing as SHALL NOT INFRINGE.

Um... That's why I'm against the war on drugs, making abortion illegal, making gay marriage illegal, making homosexuality illegal, etc.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: crustyjuggler27

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Who cares? Oaths are just words anyways. What really matters is actions anyways.

i have always thought that oaths matter. i took an oath. i will never rescind that oath. unlike you i guess that makes me a man of my word.

Trust isn't built through words man. Trust is built through actions. Anyone can say they are going to do such and such all day, but people break their words all the time (btw stop thinking I'm talking about myself when I say things like this). To ME, doing what matters when the time is right is more important than your word that you'll do that. That is something that I gain from seeing you to do it at other times not by you saying you will do it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Don't understand what all the concern is over this. I just read the Guide to Naturalization and it makes sense for a conscientious objector to not have to say that part of the oath.

What's more is that the person may be required to provide documentation....it's all in the guide.

Love ATS but sometimes people just seem to make up conspiracies to anger up the rabble. I just don't see the conspiracy in this...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

Don't understand what all the concern is over this. I just read the Guide to Naturalization and it makes sense for a conscientious objector to not have to say that part of the oath.

What's more is that the person may be required to provide documentation....it's all in the guide.

Love ATS but sometimes people just seem to make up conspiracies to anger up the rabble. I just don't see the conspiracy in this...

Oh but there IS a conspiracy !!!

If this is sooooo meaningless, why NOW do they make the changes?????

If this is sooooo meaningless, how come this wasn't done years ago?????

Why Now ?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Why not now? Why are you sooooo hung up on the when? Looks like it stems from a 2013 court case (welsh v. United States) so there's that.

Again, I see nothing nefarious in allowing new citizens the right to not be forced to kill another based in religious beliefs. Do you believe that they should?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So now new American's have the right not to serve if a draft was ever implemented and their number came up.

Yet citizens who are born here don't have that right.

So new American's have more rights.

Makes sense in Obama's America.
edit on 23-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

Citizens who were born here can be conscientious objectors....just like these new citizens. If anything this change is giving new citizens the same rights as those born here!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The HOPE was gone long ago. But we definitely got the CHANGE! Dang I'm a proud American. sheesh.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I am sure this will keep the enemies of America specially his friends within terrorist countries, from braking their Islamic laws when they are call to commit acts of terrorism in America.

What you think.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

Why not now? Why are you sooooo hung up on the when? Looks like it stems from a 2013 court case (welsh v. United States) so there's that.

Again, I see nothing nefarious in allowing new citizens the right to not be forced to kill another based in religious beliefs. Do you believe that they should?

Do you think ANYONE should be forced to kill another human being?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I hate humans, i really despise them, but i love animals all kinds of them, including monkeys. But humans are probably the worst ideal to ever be invented.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wacco

Monkeys can be very evil. Humans........definitely EVIL! Cain killed Abel....or so the story goes, all because he was jealous.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Well monkey killed abel cause of instincts, then god invented humans and said i will brainwash you to think you arent a monkey so you can become a domesticated monkey who buys food at the local supermarket.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Who is forcing anyone to kill another human being? Currently there is no draft in the US. If there was a draft a citizen may apply to be excused as a conscientious objector.

I have yet to read in this thread how the changing of the oath is a conspiracy or nefarious.

For those of us born in the US, how many took an Oath of Allegiance to become a citizen?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join