It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Penalty Ideas.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
How about a steel cage match with a gorilla on crystal meth? You could call it "getting the ape".

"Yeah, jury convicted him on all counts. Judge gave him the ape."

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It is my opinion that life without parole is a strong enough deterrent to crime. If life in prison doesn't stop you, the threat of the death penalty isn't likely to make a difference.

It is for this reason I no longer personally condone the death penalty.

However, if the family of a first degree murder victim requests the perpetrator receive the death penalty, I would not be the one to stand in their way. As I have no idea how I would react if one of my family members were murdered in this way.

How the death penalty should be administered, I would say lethal injection.

My personal opinion, we should have boundaries on the death penalty and leave it to the victims families when someone has crossed that line. In this way only those who have justified the death penalty will be responsible for enforcing it.

edit on 22-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

For those found guilty beyond doubt of the most heinous crimes against fellow man, you may choose from the following menu:

listverse.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Seppuku. And if the criminal doesn't comply, ling chi.

You don't even waste money on bullets. You just have to clean the blades.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

It is my opinion that life without parole is a strong enough deterrent to crime. If life in prison doesn't stop you, the threat of the death penalty isn't likely to make a difference.

It is for this reason I no longer personally condone the death penalty.

It's the way the law works that is scary,

A study on capital punishment in the US,

"The number of people sentenced to die for crimes they didn’t commit is often described as “not merely unknown but unknowable,” wrote the study’s researchers, led by Samuel Gross of the University of Michigan. And there is no systematic method to determine whether a criminal conviction is right, which would prevent the deaths of wrongly-sentenced people. Because of this, very few false convictions are discovered in the justice system."

Elsewhere,
“The great majority of innocent defendants who are convicted of capital murder in the United States are neither executed nor exonerated,” the authors wrote. “They are sentenced, or resentenced to prison for life, and then forgotten.”

It's all about money, and on actual executions,

"Statistics likely understate the actual problem of wrongful convictions because once an execution has occurred there is often insufficient motivation and finance to keep a case open, and it becomes unlikely at that point that the miscarriage of justice will ever be exposed."

The law can even get away with pre-emptive destruction of evidence...just in case it might hurt prestige one day!...hats off to the state of Virginia,

In the case of Joseph Roger O'Dell III, executed in Virginia in 1997 for a rape and murder, a prosecuting attorney argued in court in 1998 that if posthumous DNA results exonerated O'Dell, "it would be shouted from the rooftops that ... Virginia executed an innocent man." The state prevailed, and the evidence was destroyed.
edit on 22-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
.45 ACP to the forehead immediately after the sentence is handed down. A quick wash down of the chair and not much public expense; if of course the guidelines you have specified are upheld regarding types of crime & Evidence of guilt.

Dang.

Someone said it before me.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Dang.

Now now Beezzer, look at what happened to Roger Rabbit, he was nearly stewed!
edit on 22-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: beezzer

Dang.

Now now Beezzer, look at what happened to Roger Rabbit, he was nearly stewed!

I just don't see any redeeming value in a person who willingly sacrifices his humanity by destroying others.

I'm a very vengeful fluffy bunny.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Human test subjects for medical experimentation, either that or nothing and right strait to he chair, at least I would give them a chance to give back to society.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I kind of like the "Rollercoaster of Death" idea.

Rollercoaster of Death
edit on 22-7-2015 by Chickensalad because: add link

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It is my opinion that the most humane way to execute another human being would be an extremely high dose of Propofol followed by a fatal dose of short acting Insulin. For the benefit of those who don't know, Propofol is a very potent form of Anesthesia which induces a deep sleep in a matter of seconds. It is not a drug you can fight, the chemical reaction forces you to sleep, it is commonly used in procedures like EGD, Colonoscopy, etc. It is also the drug which killed Michael Jackson. And well, Insulin speaks for itself...if the Propofol didn't kill you the Insulin would solve that little problem in seconds. The victim would quite literally just go to sleep feeling zero pain. I believe when Katrina hit New Orleans some nurses were using Morphine and Insulin to euthanize elderly patients. I'm pretty sure the manufacturers of Propofol have refused to allow their drug to be used in executions, but I could be wrong, maybe someone can clarify this for me. Anyway, just my two cents.

~NWD

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Wood chipper.....feet first

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I believe that some of the prisoners that were serving a life sentence and released after being found innocent many years later, were at the time of the trial found to be guilty with %100 certainty .

Ending someones life should not be down to other people .

It should be the prisoners choice , he should be offered the option of a quick self administered lethal injection or life in prison .

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Whoa, that just reminded me of a old 80's movie that I think had a roller-coaster of death.

The plot was about a guy who gets in trouble in some little town and there is only one judge, he is super old and crusty and mean. He sentience's everyone he tries to death by this evil roller-coaster. Does anyone remember this or did I just imagine this? I think the judge also had a prosthetic nose.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Banishment from the societies the obviously want no part of. That way everyone is happy. Societies are the prisons anyways.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Starvation. Just simply let them rot. If they thought so much about the life they took perhaps watching themselves dissipate slowly would be more fitting than a humane quick ending.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

So personally, I think drawn & quartering is just as humane surely.
I also think that disembowlment should be a consideration.

Humane?! What is humane about it?

It's literally medieval. The death penalty is not about justice it's about revenge. This thread topic to me is grotesque, but that's just my personal opinion.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I just don't see any redeeming value in a person who willingly sacrifices his humanity by destroying others.

Are you talking about the criminal or the executioner?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Gladiatorial combat is due for a comeback any day now. Pro wrestling and UFC can't fill that niche forever.

Then again, I'd offer death row inmates the following ultimatum: if you want to live, you agree to join the Super Soldier initiative and become a cybernetically-enhanced instrument of violence at the beck and call of the government.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

If a person is stoned for adultery

Charlie, adultery isn't a criminal act in civilized countries, and certainly not a capital offense. With your background, I'm sure you know that. Grounds for divorce, yes, but criminal charges, no. As long as it is between two consenting adults.

Oh NvM! I just noticed this is a resurrected thread.

edit on 9/9/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join