It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I'm talking about up to the point where he *asked* her to put her cigarette out, she refused, and then he ordered her to step out.

*If *he thought she was impaired, ordering her to step out is fine, but I'm not aware he thought that.

*If* he simply ordered her out because he got his feelings hurt because she didn't lick his boots and refused to put out her cigarette, that's him escalating the situation, trying to give reason for forcing compliance, and there's not valid reason for asking her to get out. He should've just let it go and given her the citation or warning.

Just wanted to clarify that. But yes, we're mostly in agreement.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Was she pulled over because she was black?

I never said that she was. But she was hunted and stalked. The officer saw her, a black single women, driving safely at the speed limit. He pulled a u-turn, and sped up, over the speed limit, to catch up to her. Seeing him coming up from behind, speeding, Sandra Bland safely made a lane change, in order to get out of his speeding way, according to Ms Bland.

But his intention was always to puller her over!

At 13:10 a female African American officer shows up and has to help him cuff her.

WRONG. She was already cuffed and complaining that officer was trying to break her wrist by the time the female officer arrived.

at 9:20 is his request for her to extinguish her cigarette.

And that's when his friendly officer mask fell off and he psychopathic ego went out of control.

Here's what other cops have to say about him:

Unless I heard wrong, she was threatened with arrest because she refused to get out of the car. Pennsylvania v Mimms says that I can legally order anyone who is pulled over for a traffic violation to step out of the car. There's no requirement to have probable cause, or reasonable suspicion, or any specific reason whatsoever, beyond the original reason for the stop. If I tell somebody to get out of the car and they refuse, that's grounds for an arrest.
That being said, it looks to me like he took it to the next level (ordering her out of the car) because she didn't do what he told her to do and put the cigarette out. If that's the case, I'm not really on board with it. If you've got the ticket, warning, whatever already written, get her to sign it and go on. It's not worth turning a simple traffic stop into a major ordeal just because somebody wouldn't put a cigarette out.

This Trooper will be crucified . Its just not worth doing all this cause she had a cigarette and your about to hand her a warning ticket.
I am not saying he caused this but he will be painted as a racist trooper who dragged her out of her car for contempt of Cop and caused her to kill herself. People will scream that she was not a threat to him and the uncaring cops and jail deputies "killed" her.

Siiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhh.........
Dude, issue the f****n warning and move on. It's NOT WORTH IT. Prepare for the next # storm over THIS????? Our jobs aren't hard enough these days already....we're yankin females out of vehicles cause our ego got hurt cause she wouldn't tremble and put out the stupid cigarette????? Let's pose this question- suppose she had stepped out when he asked her to....THEN WHAT??? You were gonna scold her about the cigarette??? What was his plan?? What was going to be the purpose of pulling her out?
My opinion probably won't be popular on here but oh well. I'm as PRO-US Pro Police as anyone but I can recognize when we're being dumb. This was dumb. Even tho the death/suicide wasn't his fault-- The public perception and backlash is NOT worth it.

As a 20-year Army vet and former corrections officer, I can tell you that I have been in a lot of stressful confrontations. Never would I have conducted myself this way. That's not how you get results, unless that's exactly the results you're looking for.

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cops-sandra-bland-video_55afd6d3e4b07af29d57291d?

edit on 24-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
When keepin it real goes wrong. Sandra Bland was about to be let go with a warning, but then, she decided to keep it real.

The cop too, he should've kept it way less real, just suck it up, let her go.

Agreed 110 %

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
a reply to: Boadicea

Live, dead, makes no matter, is that your job title too?

Huh? So I get the first part... yes, you do pick on dead people much... but I seriously have no idea what you're talking about with "my" job title. Are you just trying to find the right box to put me in? If so, I'll give you a heads up: Ain't gonna happen! I don't fit in boxes!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The very first paragraph of that post shows you either haven't actually watched the video or are intentionally trolling. Do you mind pointing out where she was stalked?? He watched her roll a stop sign as can be clearly seen in the video, then she changed lanes without signaling. It's like you're intentionally ignoring the facts to skew your own opinion. I guess we can all lie to ourselves sometimes, but you seem to be making a job out of it.

Stick to the facts and the facts shall set you free.

a reply to: windword

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

This cop was trolling for prey. Sandra Bland was driving safely.

You should take a cue from your fellow defenders of the thin blue line and learn to pick your battles. Defending the indefensible is a losing proposition, both for cops and the public. Otherwise, your just as bad "Mr. I'll light you up!", and you're part of the problem.

(post by MoreBeer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

Easy pickins for a lazy cop. She was driving safely. There was NO traffic. He was trolling for prey. Stop pretending this jerk wad was protecting the public from some dangerous driver.

(post by MoreBeer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

she dindo nuffins though

That sound pretty racist there, Officer More Beer.

She caused this entire situation by acting like an animal.

It was the officer that presented like an animal.

Heck she could have filled charges against the officer if she felt the need.

You bet she could have! She threaten to do so, too! That's why she's dead!

No worries, her family will hit the jack pot, at tax payers expense, again!

(post by MoreBeer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Keep being ignorant and beating the racist evil, cop drum.

I'm not the one who called up the race card, Raymond was. I'm not the one flinging poo, calling black people animals or mocking their cultural vernacular. That would be you.

It was Sandra who escalated this.

Gee. who should I believe, you and your corrupt cop defending friends, or my own lying eyes and ears? Hmmmm. That's a tough one!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Agreed, and I was a little bit disapointed to learn that Red Bull is the official sponser of police dash cams.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Rolling stop signs and changing lanes without signaling is driving safely? He was only giving her a warning.

Are you suggesting officers shouldn't enforce traffic laws?

edit on 24-7-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I am going to wager your own lying eyes and ears. To any normal sane person it is clear who escalated the issue.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
The officer didn't cuff or subdue the driver until after the female officer arrived. You can clearly hear him requesting backup again to get assistance cuffing her, and the female officer helps him cuff her. See my post above with time stamps.

I saw your post, but, to me, it looks like she was already handcuffed at 12:25.

And all that doesn't answer my question: was the female officer in the car with him? I asked this because of what AlexJowls said about "showing off to his accompanying female officer".

PS: did you watch the video in the OP or from a different source? You talk about things (like the lighting the cigarette) that I cannot see in the video.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

To any normal sane person it is clear who escalated the issue.

Once again I refer you to other police officers who watched the same video and disagree with your assessment of the facts.

Trooper Brian Encinia, has been put on administrative leave after a preliminary investigation found he violated the Texas Department of Public Safety’s traffic stop and courtesy procedures during the stop, which was for an improper lane change.

“Regardless of the situation, the DPS state trooper has an obligation to exhibit professionalism and be courteous,” DPS Director Steve McCraw told the Washington Post. “That did not happen in this situation.”

After watching the dashcam video, Texas State Senator Royce West said at a press conference that it’s clear she never should have been arrested.

SOURCE

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Anyone who can watch that and say that the officer acted in a professional manner has a very Joseph Stalinist outlook.
Steroid testing is needed---badly needed in cases where these guys just "snap" like this fool obviously did. Had he been a professional she would still be alive and his job wouldn't be on the line as I hope and pray it is. Maybe he can find a job in building demolition or pest control since his self-control is nonexistent.
There is no law against being mouthy to a cop. The Black-robed Tribe ruled on that back in the '80s. The professionals are the ones who are supposed to be in control of themselves.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I am going to wager your own lying eyes and ears. To any normal sane person it is clear who escalated the issue.

I agree that she had an attitude, and that could easily be considered escalation; however, as a professional public servant he should have defused the situation better, because that's what he is trained to do (by MANY LEO opinions I've read since). Had he just handed her the ticket/warning instead of getting his ego hurt when she refused to put out her cigarette (and also by most opinions, LEO included, she had every right to say no, and was therefore no cause for him to further escalate it), the whole situation would have been avoided and resolved RIGHT THERE.

HE took it to the level, without a lawful justification.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well imagine that..those other cops must have lying eyes and ears. Bottom line the cop got his ego bruised and couldn't just let it go.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join