It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Texas Prosecutor: Sandra Bland Autopsy Shows Death Consistent With Suicide

The prosecutor in the Sandra Bland case told reporters Thursday an investigation has found no injuries consistent with violent homicide, but that there are some consistent with suicide.

New developments in the case also include marijuana found in Bland's system believed to have been smoked or consumed prior to her arrest, authorites claim, and discrepancies in her jail screenings regarding answers to her mental health evaluation questions.

sputniknews.com...

lol, smear campaign much? Sorry but I don't criminalize people who smoke weed or lie on psyche evaluations nor do I think they deserve to die. She never should have been in jail in the first place.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
The officer seemed like he wanted to either demonstrate his perceived power over a civilian by exercising it to its fullest -or- perhaps to show off to his accompanying female officer.

Does that mean that there was another person on the car? I haven't followed this case much, so it's the first time I read something like that.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Did you not even watch the video? There's an African American female officer who arrived on scene.

a reply to: ArMaP

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Maybe it was edited so we couldn't see her chowing down on the weed.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Did you not even watch the video? There's an African American female officer who arrived on scene.

Right. That woman was called in to do the strip search. Sandra called that officer a "Pu**y" so many times I'm sure he needed to prove that he wasn't, given his authoritarian ego problems. That's why Sandra's clothes were changed for her booking photo, she'd already been strip searched and probably raped before she even got booked! That's probably why her eyes look so dead in the mug shot.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Inflammatory baseless allegations ftw?

a reply to: windword

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure the person with authority problems wasn't the officer.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

The video say different.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Right because a person acting like an animal towards law enforcement is what civilized, mentally stable people do.

edit on 24-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So are you saying the officer didn't start out in a calm manner?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The officer treated her like an animal from the start.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Most psychopaths do.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Most psychopaths do.

Sort of like poo ole Sandra huh?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Sort of like poo ole Sandra huh?

I don't even know what that means. Is that some kind of poo fling, you're throwing at me?

edit on 24-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Did you not even watch the video?

I did watch the video, up to the part where the truck arrives (I had already watched the possibly edited part soon after the arrival of the truck).

There's an African American female officer who arrived on scene.

Yes, but as that was after the main events I did not assume that she was there all the time. Also, if I remember it well (I'm not able to watch the video at the moment), she has a different uniform, the same as the one used by the other officer that appear close to the time when the female officer arrived, so I assumed that they arrived after being called by the one doing the arrest.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So in your opinion who escalated the situation first?

Let's go over the facts:

1) Was she pulled over because she was black? No, he would have no idea, he just saw a car roll a stop sign and then change lanes without stopping. Please note that he was perfectly hospitable to the black motorist he gave a warning to at the very beginning of the video.

2) At 1:18 you can see her car roll the stop sign right in front of an officer. He does a u-turn. Maybe he is not sure his dash cam captured the violation, so he follows her for only a few seconds from a distance. At 1:50 she makes an illegal lane change. Then when he triggers his lights she doesn't even signal to pull over. These alone or indicative of an impaired driver.

3) He had to ask her what was wrong immediately even though he was very polite when informing her why he had pulled her over. To me this indicates that she seemed nervous, irritated or annoyed enough that it came across to the officer.

4) At 4:30 as soon as the officer walks away she lights a cigarette as you can see the hand and head movement and the the apparent smoke.

5) At 8:45 he approaches the car with the warning and when he attempts to get her attention she exclaims "I am waiting on you" when the total time of the traffic stop has been less than 5 minutes. You can then clearly see he pulls back the clip board and his demeanor changes as it seems he is deducing something else is going on with this driver. She then accuses him of tailing her, which as we can see from the video is completely false. She ran a stop sign right in front of him, then made an illegal lane change, then an illegal pull over.

6) She was only getting a warning, yet she is rudely berating the officer about how he is giving her a ticket. He still has yet to say one rude thing to her or lose his cool.

7) at 9:20 is his request for her to extinguish her cigarette. At this point I think he is fully under the impression that this may be an impaired driving and she is using the smoke to mask a scent.

8) At 9:30 he tells her to step out of the car, the traffic stop is still ongoing as she has not signed her warning and the officer has not let her go. She says she doesn't have to step out of the car, clearly not knowing the law that it is legal for the officer, in any state, to ask her to step from the vehicle. For nearly 20 seconds he tells her to step out of the car, explains he does have the right to do so and that it is a lawful order. She is under the impression she doesn't have to step out of the car, and continues to argue. He is perfectly reasonable during this process.

9) at 10:05 you can see she starts hitting at the officer...this continues for 10 seconds. He then lets her know she is being placed under arrest. She exclaims "for what" and the answer, unbeknownst to her is that she has disobeyed a lawful order and has struck a police officer. He then calls for backup.

10) For nearly a minute he asks her to step from the car, and then comes the "drag you out" and "light you up" comments, both of which are uncalled for, but he is trying to perform his job.

11) From there, pretty much 10:45 on, you have a woman who is disobeying lawful order after lawful order, all the while verbally assaulting an officer of the law. You can hear that he attempts to cuff her but can't. He makes another request for backup as he needs assistance cuffing her. Did he subdue her then or taze her? No, he just let her stay uncuffed and at 13:00 explains to her that she was only getting a warning.

12) At 13:10 a female African American officer shows up and has to help him cuff her. The female officer explains to her that she is resisting arrest and is breaking the law.

13) At 16:00 He explains to the female officer that she kicked him, and female officer points out that you can tell from his clothing that he had been kicked in the leg.

14) At 16:25 you can hear the female officer explain that she witnessed the driver punch and kick the officer as she was driving up in her squad car. She even re-enacts what she saw.

15) At 25:00 The officer explains why she has been arrested and goes through the full process.

So to me, you either didn't watch the full video, or are completely ignorant of the law (I am assuming both).

The officer will not be charged with anything as he did nothing wrong legally. Was he rude? I can see how people could think that. However considering the clip of the previous driver and that he only issued a warning then, I am going to assume this is usually a nice guy, and he had to deal with a difficult person and he didn't handle it the best way. He did everything right though from a legal and procedural viewpoint, including calling for backup and waiting for backup to arrive so he didn't have to forcibly subdue a female perp.

I am sorry you disagree with the fact, perhaps you should reflect on your point of view with an honest assessment.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The officer didn't cuff or subdue the driver until after the female officer arrived. You can clearly hear him requesting backup again to get assistance cuffing her, and the female officer helps him cuff her. See my post above with time stamps.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You make some *very* valid points. Unfortunately, those points rely on the assumption that the cop thought she might have been impaired, which, as far as I know, that had not become as issue during the stop itself (that I've heard).

If he *did* think she might be impaired, then your points remain valid and his continued questioning, orders, and extended stop (by asking her to step out) are lawful. If he did *not* think she was impaired, it's his duty as a professional, public servant to not escalate the situation even though she had an attitude.

Attitudes are NOT reason to escalate a situation. He should just bite his ego and defuse the situation.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I absolutely agree with you. However, around 9:30 he clearly indicates that if she doesn't step out of the car he will remove her. That is perfectly legal and he does it in a professional manner. Stern, but professional.

How exactly is he supposed to remove her from the vehicle? Wrap her up in bubble wrap, cover her with puppies and then hold her hand as she exits the vehicle? When you have to be forcibly removed from a vehicle FORCE has to be used.

IMO his comments were to scare her so he would't have to use physical force. (If you notice, it worked, she exited the vehicle without undue force) What if he had been politely saying "sorry ma'am" as he punched her into submission? Would that have been better? Officers don't always have the luxury of being courteous while performing law enforcement.

In any case, I still find his comments deplorable as he had no reason to actually feel in danger. The only thing in danger was his self confidence/ego.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
When keepin it real goes wrong. Sandra Bland was about to be let go with a warning, but then, she decided to keep it real.

The cop too, he should've kept it way less real, just suck it up, let her go.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join