It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The lawful order to exit her vehicle as your source even says. Did you even read it?

a reply to: LeatherNLace

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow, I'm no friend of the police after my last run in because of a false warrant, but this lady could have handled things much better.

He had a reason to stop her (maybe not a great reason) failure to signal

I read a complete transcript of the incident, she was very uncooperative. A few yes sirs and no sirs would have gone a long way.

The cop was well within his rights to ask her to step out of the vehicle, where she became even more difficult.

Seems to me like she could have handled things better, and the cop could have handled things better.

As for her ending up dead in her jail cell, I would think there would be video evidence from somewhere in the police station that would show at the very least where she was last seen alive. There needs to be independent investigation in cases like this, and hopefully there will be, it is pretty fishy. Did she have no contact with other inmates?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
That's not an excuse, it's actually what they are trained to do...

Your ignorance is bliss I suppose. Let's all fight with cops for no reason.

a reply to: Iamthatbish

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

In what way was it lawful? Because he said so? The chain of events that led to his unlawful request was due to her choosing to not extinguish her lawfully lit cigarette. This occurred at the end of the stop, after the citation had been written. The director of the DPS even said as much.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The request to extinguish her cigarette was just a request yes, but that doesn't change the fact that the next statement was a lawful order for her to exit the vehicle. Why are you so confused? Just hate cops? Don't know the law? You obviously misunderstand the 4th amendment as does whoever posted that originally as the lawful order was to exit the vehicle, not to extinguish her cigarette.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The citation had been written but not handed to her, have you even watched
The video? Who cares if the lawful order to exit her vehicle followed a request to extinguish her cig. Your getting hung up on something you disagree with an ignoring the letter of the law. The law is a police officer can order you from a vehicle at any time during a lawful traffic stop.

Edit, and it was lawful because the law says so, why are you ignoring the law to prop up your argument.

edit on 23-7-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

That's not an excuse, it's actually what they are trained to do...

Then that needs to change, because there was no reason for that woman to have been arrested, let alone murdered for not extinguishing her cigarette. Which is what everyone with eyes can see is what happened.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The law does not say that we must obey any and all orders given by police...kind of like when they order someone to stop recording them. So, do tell, what was his probable cause to ask her to exit the vehicle? If she was a threat to him, then why did he wait until the end of the stop, coincidentally after she refused to extinguish the cigarette, before he unlawfully ordered her out of the vehicle? The arrest was unlawful and this officer will no doubt face federal charges for civil rights violations.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So your problem is legit ignorance, that's forgivable...

An officer doesn't need probable cause to order someone from a vehicle at a traffic stop and the Supreme Court agrees. Learn the laws of your land before you try to argue them...

Edit: Deny Ignorance

edit on 23-7-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You fight with LEO if you want to. I want the LEO better trained and given more physc evals.

Whether this man killed this woman with his hands or not. This man is the root cause of her death and should he tried for murder.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Pay attention to the words the supreme court has added and how often those words aren't in the best interest of the public.

originally posted by: raymundoko
So your problem is legit ignorance, that's forgivable...

An officer doesn't need probable cause to order someone from a vehicle at a traffic stop and the Supreme Court agrees. Learn the laws of your land before you try to argue them...

Edit: Deny Ignorance

edit on 23-7-2015 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Maybe an officer doesn't always need probable cause, but an officer can't call on "wrongful cause" because his ego got all up in a twist that the lady refused to put her cigarette out, an unlawful order/request.

His motivation was unprofessional and indefensible.

edit on 23-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
IMHO in this case it would not have mattered if the woman was 88 and white as snow. This cop had an attitude from the start. It would not have mattered what color the person in the car was. Badges & Guns......a whole new category of dying of natural causes.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Edited or not, one thing I cannot understand is as to why the Black folks have problems obeying the requests from the police officers?

Yesterday a man was shot in Cincinnati because after fighting with the cop he decided to drive away? Same as this lady, officer asked her to come out of the car and she pretty much physically fought.

Why not obey the officer and display gentle person's cooperation and save yourself from all sorts of charges and even getting shot. Attitude make some difference and in certain cases makes a lot of difference.

Ya, OK, it's "black people".

Here we have a white Sunday school teacher drive away from a cop as she leaves a chirch. He shot and killed her:

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: FlyingFox

...and save yourself from all sorts of charges and even getting shot.

Is that a threat?

How in the hell do you even come close to taking that as a threat? That's hysterical, given the number of times "you'll get shot for not respecting his authoritay" and other pithy comments get spouted any time a cop kills somebody.

Good lord.

People are shot, beaten and killed all the time for offending cops ego's.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Texas Prosecutor: Sandra Bland Autopsy Shows Death Consistent With Suicide

The prosecutor in the Sandra Bland case told reporters Thursday an investigation has found no injuries consistent with violent homicide, but that there are some consistent with suicide.

New developments in the case also include marijuana found in Bland's system believed to have been smoked or consumed prior to her arrest, authorites claim, and discrepancies in her jail screenings regarding answers to her mental health evaluation questions.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And here's a transcript of the arrest.

I haven't watched the whole video yet, but the transcript is interesting.

He totally got pissed because she wasn't licking his boots. Contempt of cop. He could have de-escalated the situation but he let his cop-ego take over, and when he *asked* her to put out her cigarette and she refused, that was the breaking point.

Why that jerk couldn't just give her a ticket instead of start all that crap.

REAL cops handle and de-escalate situations, and even when they are dealing with jerk citizens with attitudes.

Attitudes aren't cause for arrest or escalation.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The manipulated footage will be explained away as a "glitch" wait for it!

Those "good old boys" have a system down to sanitize incidents like this , the thin blue line with white robes and pointy hats runs deep in them hills. Because burning crosses in black folks lawns just is not enough sometimes apparently. That LE was all jacked up on his high horse. I understand she was not cooperative but when you are white you are indifferent and simply do not understand or experience constant racial profiling. So i understand why she did not "respect his authoritiah" i know that sounds very liberal but it is true, ftr im sick of the white shaming too but police on black relations is failing miserably these days.

So folks stop trying to minnumize this using her behavior to excuze her murder.

It is the most common format of denial.
edit on 23-7-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

edit on 23-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Edited or not, one thing I cannot understand is as to why the Black folks have problems obeying the requests from the police officers?
Yesterday a man was shot in Cincinnati because after fighting with the cop he decided to drive away? Same as this lady, officer asked her to come out of the car and she pretty much physically fought.

It's a valid point and I think it stems from the recalcitrant mindset slave era America has ingrained on the literal DNA of Afro-Americans. This, coupled with black gang culture, disseminated and glorified through rap 'music' and 'ghetto films', fosters a powder keg mentality in many black Americans of a lower socio-economic and educational class.

In the case du jour, her actions were somewhat petulant, but in no way provocative. The officer was overzealous and I saw no need for alighting the woman from the car... or asking her to put out her cancer stick, for that matter. The officer seemed like he wanted to either demonstrate his perceived power over a civilian by exercising it to its fullest -or- perhaps to show off to his accompanying female officer. Either way, he was out-of-line. Comparably, the victim's irascibility only served to fuel the officer's hubris, playing into his juvenile-minded hands.
edit on 24-7-2015 by AlexJowls because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join