It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

She wasn't arrested for being mouthy. She was being arrested for refusing to follow a lawful order at a legal traffic stop. Are people really this obtuse??

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You are right, it wasn't an lawful order to have her put out her cigarette, but when she refused it was completely lawful to have her step out of the car. Sometimes little things like that trigger spidey senses in LEO's.

No. It's not okay to employ "probable cause" for refusing to obey an unlawful order.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

What are you talking about? You obviously don't even know what probable cause is or how it is used. An officer does NOT need ANY type of probable cause to ask a driver to step outside their vehicle. You people are funny with your ignorance of the law. Let's all get angry and wave our hands in faux outrage.

The U.S. Supreme Court decided many years ago, in a case called Pennsylvania v. Mimms, that an officer may order someone who he has stopped for a traffic violation to get out of the car. Thus, you do not have a choice in the matter.
edit on 23-7-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Live, dead, makes no matter, is that your job title too?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Did you not watch the video? The stop was all but over, when he ordered her to put out her cigarette, which was an unlawful order. It was only because she refused that he ordered out of the car. Therefore, the order for her to get out of the car was also unlawful. That's when the officer got his ego in a twist and deliberately escalated the situation in order to inflict bodily harm on Bland.

That's what experts on TV are saying, too.

The officer was in the wrong. A young women was murdered as a result of his unchecked aggression.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Tox shows she had pot in her system. Wonder if that was part of why she was nervous or upset when getting stopped. Although if she has it in the car, I would think it would have been found at this point.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Tox shows she had pot in her system. Wonder if that was part of why she was nervous or upset when getting stopped. Although if she has it in the car, I would think it would have been found at this point.

She could have smoked pot 3 weeks b4 this and had it in her system.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As someone posted, hasn't it been upheld that an officer can require a person to exit their vehicle. Safety. for instance, the officer doesn't know if she might pull a hand gun out from some where in the car.

It does seem though that in this case it was about her attitude.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: roadgravel

She could have smoked pot 3 weeks b4 this and had it in her system.

Or it could have been shortly before and she was in possession. Just pointing out a possibility.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Did you not watch the video? The stop was all but over, when he ordered her to put out her cigarette, which was an unlawful order. It was only because she refused that he ordered out of the car. Therefore, the order for her to get out of the car was also unlawful. That's when the officer got his ego in a twist and deliberately escalated the situation in order to inflict bodily harm on Bland.

The officer was in the wrong. A young women was murdered as a result of his unchecked aggression.

Yes, it is clear from the video that the officer became aggressive and actually sounded enraged.... because she didn't put her cigarette out. Why all of this happened for what should have been a 'traffic ticket and off she goes' is beyond me.
I watched the videos. It is evident that there are problems with it. The looped footage and the fact that there is no time stamp is evidence that there may have been tampering.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: windword

Yes, it is clear from the video that the officer became aggressive and actually sounded enraged.... because she didn't put her cigarette out. Why all of this happened for what should have been a 'traffic ticket and off she goes' is beyond me.
I watched the videos. It is evident that there are problems with it. The looped footage and the fact that there is no time stamp is evidence that there may have been tampering.

The pigs always come up with some sort of glitch to cover their sorry ass

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: noxxen

That's creepy.
But since she was in court after her arrest, and did make some phone calls, it seems unlikely.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

She wasn't arrested for being mouthy. She was being arrested for refusing to follow a lawful order at a legal traffic stop. Are people really this obtuse??

What lawful order?

At some point between ratification of the Fourth Amendment and the death of Sandra Bland, the entire principle underpinning that constitutional protection has been lost. The Fourth Amendment assumes armed agents of the state can't be trusted to issue their own orders. That's why we have warrants in the first place. They are permitted only to enforce the orders of an impartial judge, who authorizes them to apprehend suspects upon the judge's determination of probable cause.

Encinia didn't even phrase his initial request as an order. His exact words were, "You mind putting out your cigarette, please, if you don't mind?" It was Bland's refusal to comply with this non-order that incited Encinia's indignation and subsequent order to exit her car.

Source

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Good point.
He only asked a question. No order.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not only was it a question, rather than an order; but he gave her the option of putting it out or not by saying "if you don't mind". Well, she did mind and let him know it. Then everything went south from there.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
That's true, an officer can invoke a "reasonable suspicion" logic and call for a lady officer to arrive at a scene to conduct an "under shirt" search. Many such drug searches are done right on the roads/highway but only by a lady officer in the case of females.

That's why I specifically used this example since it's male vs female.

The truth of the matter is that the police can do virtually anything they want to you if they pull you over while driving. From getting a warrant to go search (destroy) your home, to tearing apart your car, to confiscating your car and stranding you on the road, to as this case shows simply killing you. And they are legally covered under just about all of it. It is extremely difficult to win a case against the police because they'll argue the camera doesn't show everything, and they count as a professional witness in their own defense, while you're just some random person who was clearly doing something wrong to get the police involved in the first place. When the cops word is worth more than yours in court they can and will win.

Sure, you can lick the cops boots and hope that makes things go more smoothly but that doesn't mean it's what society should be expected to do.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Please talk to some legal expert or better yet watch talks on CNN etc.

Such a scholarly thing to say. Is that where your education comes from? Explains a lot....

I ignored all your bigoted troll comments, but sometimes I cannot ignore stupid. Thank you for the entertainment. All I see when I come across people with your mindset is $$$$ signs...Bless you and your ilk!
edit on 23-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Iamthatbish

What if she was using the smoke to mask the scent of alcohol or other drugs? Use your head before spouting off why or why not an officer would ask someone to put out a cigarette, 2nd hand smoke and plain old rudeness notwithstanding.

LEO should be trained well enough that the travesty if this woman's arrest had never occurred. I'd like you to use your head instead of being so willing to make excuses for an LEO that clearly already is working very hard on his own excuses.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I am not bigot against the Black folks.

More training and gadgets for LEOs is something tax dollars will be well spent.

More information and exposure to common citizens regarding their rights and how to deal with LEO orders is also needed. Some folks "across the demographic board" think that they can argue hard with the LEO and challenge their orders which may be making them a target of several charges on the spot.

I do believe that in more than a few recent incidents, the LEOs have been much "trigger happy" against the Black drivers which resulted in the killing of the individual targeted. Infact, some instances have been "outright" nonsensical that even a 10 year old kid would know that matters could be solved without unleashing a dozen bullets into the victim.

If the system is going to give guns and permission to use it to the LEOs then the system also needs to "well train" them in proper use in the right circumstances.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You're going to have to link those experts because a lawful stop isn't over until the officer says it is. He never did in the video. He didn't even get a chance to have her sign the warning. Sorry, but you are very wrong on this one. Ethics and laws aren't always on the same side.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join