It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dashcam Video of Violent Arrest of Sandra Bland Was Edited

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
Man it's hard to watch that video. If only she remained calm and professional... Same for the officer.

I think the cop was goating her when he asked her if something was wrong and she said yes I'm annoyed. He then said are you done, and she said yes, but you asked me. At that point he could have just given her the ticket and moved on, but he had to give her a "lawful order" (yea right) to put out her cigarette.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I look at this video and remember the one that went viral a few years ago, where a cop gave a ticket to a highly agitated driver that was screaming at the cop.
The cop wrote the driver a traffic ticket, which the enraged driver tore up and threw out the w indow.
The cop informed the driver that if he didn't pick the pieces up, he would write him a ticket for littering.
The driver picked the pieces up and drove off.

If a cop can handle that without breaking out the Taser and arresting the driver, I don't see why this incident couldn't have had a better ending.

edit on b000000312015-07-25T14:10:49-05:0002America/ChicagoSat, 25 Jul 2015 14:10:49 -0500200000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No questions, the officer could have made things much easier for everybody.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
OK, can someone help me understand what the officer says at 12:35 on this version of the video?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
OK, can someone help me understand what the officer says at 12:35 on this version of the video?

"I got her in control. She's in handcuffs".

THANK-YOU ARMAP!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What I heard she was a drug mule and they were supposed to get her with a lot of Chicago cash on her way to pick up a load and bring it back. I haven't heard about any cash but makes sense for her actions and why they pulled her over for nearly nothing.

Happens deals are made

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
What I heard she was a drug mule and they were supposed to get her with a lot of Chicago cash on her way to pick up a load and bring it back. I haven't heard about any cash but makes sense for her actions and why they pulled her over for nearly nothing.

Happens deals are made

You heard that where? It must be true if you heard it then... I see.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The more it think about this the more outrageous it is. No signal on a near deserted road.

It's about revenue and/or ticket/warning quotas to prove work is being done.

If it's about public safety:

Just walk up and tell the person to use a signal in the future. If some quota system needs to be accomplished, state " I'll write you a warning", then write it and go back to get it signed. The drama isn't needed unless it is not about safety.

Never heard the officer mention anything about safety...Isn't that the whole point of signals and the law?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well I'm in the UK where racism is nowhere near as rife as in America, so my opinion is completely unbiased towards race. The cop stopped the first car and was far more courteous and polite than he was to the second car. I don't know for sure if the person in the first car was white but I would bet good money that they were. The second car was stopped for failing to indicate or some lame #, a nothing offense really. Then the cop disappears for a long time (it seemed long enough when watching it on video) and while he's away the woman decides to light a cig up, as I would've done in the same situation. The cop decides he doesn't like this and tells her (doesn't ask at all) to put it out. Quite rightly, she refuses, saying it's her car, which it is. He could have easily just given her the warning that he said afterwards he was doing, but instead he chose to be a complete prick about the cigarette. The women initially is annoyed but by no means "out of order."

It doesn't take long for the cop to go from "friendly" to "get out of the car now." Even then the women isn't doing anything particularly aggressive, unlike the cop who has opened her door and started dragging her out. He mentions that she is under arrest yet when she asks several times what she's being arrested for the cop does NOT answer. He just wanted to arrest for any menial thing. I'm not saying his motivations were racist but his actions were certainly intimidating. The woman did nothing wrong other than have a cigarette in her own damn car. Her only crime was failing to signal at a turn. For that she got tackled to the ground, taken to the police station and had her car towed, incurring plenty of expenses in the process.

I will add that I'm a white male and don't give two shiits about someone's ethnicity but from an impartial viewpoint it seems as though Americans just can't get past the color of someone's skin. An utter disgrace and I hope the cop is fired.

Edit: OMFG I just found out the woman died in police custody. Even if it was suicide the cop should be fudging ashamed of himself for putting him into a cell for 3 days for such a nothing crime. He claims he assaulted her, while she was handcuffed. The poor guy. I've been punched by women in the face and all I could do was laugh. I would love to meet that cop and show him what assault really is. Piece of shiiit scum.
edit on th05pmSat, 25 Jul 2015 17:20:18 -050031America/Chicago25 by Sharted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ut oh. Anonymous is mad. Threatening even.

edit on 7/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharted

The cop stopped the first car and was far more courteous and polite than he was to the second car. I don't know for sure if the person in the first car was white but I would bet good money that they were.

That was one of my first thoughts watching. I got the impression the first stop was added (nothing to actually do with the stop in question) to paint the trooper in a good light. It (his action) played in my thoughts at first. But watching the unnecessary stuff he came up with later made me believe it was a PR move.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Not anymore

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Linked another copy....

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Guess we'll see what becomes of the anonymous effort.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

And the bitch of it is that he was coming up on her like his ass was on fire, so she was moving into the right lane to get out of his way.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

And the bitch of it is that he was coming up on her like his ass was on fire, so she was moving into the right lane to get out of his way.

She even mentioned that, didn't she? The troopers could fill their whole day stopping people for no signal on lane change around here and cover maybe 10%.
edit on 7/25/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thanks, that's what I thought I was hearing.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Not anymore

What do you mean by "not anymore."
anon. bailed?

Frankly, I don't trust anon. because I think they could be part of the problem. I think they could be a dark hand of gov't. playing a role-with an agenda. Sounds super paranoid I know-lol.

ps~I didn't hear an actual date for the 'day of rage' from anon on the video. Could be an excuse to rile us all up so that they can take over our cities. Sorry I'm so vague.. I just had a bad night so far...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RobinB022

The video at the link was gone.(removed) Poster found a new link and updated it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Oh-ok..Thank you!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join