It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Americans would revolt?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If your government seized absolute power, and took away all of your constitutional rights, how many of you Proud Americans would exercise the right given to you by your founding fathers to overthrow the government? Would you actively participate in a revolution?

Please explain your choice for the sake of discussion.

[Edited on 7-6-2003 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think we are closer to that now then we ever have been

I will keep my opinion to myself in the interest of secrecy

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have never kept my thoughts on that subject much of a secret. I'm not afraid to voice my opinion on this disgustingly putrid council of politicians we have been succumbing to. I would walk up front with any group of people who feel the same. The US government has become an embarrassment, congress should be ashamed of itself, and the people who concider our last few presidents to be decent humans are lost in their thinking. As an individual I understand that alone we cannot create change, but we can push it forward and get the ball rolling.

As a people we need to rethink our values and reconcider who we would have represent us to the world. That is what the President is supposed be, and that should be foremost in our reasons for them to be elected. We should choose a person who has the better interests of prosperity for all, not just those closest to them. So far our presidents have reflected exactly what todays society is, selfish and selfserving. That is not my president or type of person. That is a coward. So hell yeah, I'm going to actively be involved.
Besides I don't think I trust anyone enough to do it right any how...

If you want something done right, do it yourself!

p.s.
don't forget to include me, I'm set.

[Edited on 7-6-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Im itching and anxiously waiting the day when i can, so yes.

I dont really have anything anymore to lose. And everything to gain by revolt.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
ADVISOR, Skadi, that's reassuring to know. Thanks for your response

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
is there a group in your land who would be supportive of such actions? Or are you just wondering if any of us still have the brass below?

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
ADVISOR, it seems to me that the US government have been pushing their people around quite a lot recently. I just wandered whether, if the worst came to the worst, a majority of Americans wouldstand up for themselves, and act against the government to uphold their rights.

I don't know about any groups, but I would be supportive of a US revolution - not necessarily a radically left wing one, rather one aiming to restore the original constitution.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The mice are revolting said the cat.
On their bodies we will grow fat...

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Netchicken, would that be a suggestion that revolution is futile, possibly because those in power will always abuse it?

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
No its a comment that macho posturing is meaningless.

Baricade yourself in your house when the revolution comes with your guns and watch the world roll on regardless.

The mice cannot revolt militarily and expect to win. Only politically do you have any power. Yet people seem reluctent, or so much under the sway of the media to actually use it.

[Edited on 7-6-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would participate in a revolution BUT I would restore America to what it is now. I would not give people the freedom that you expect you would get from a rebellion. I would uphold to values of America. After a rebellion I would not change a thing. I would keep the same goverment, and it would not change. I would not make America an arnachy if I revolted. I would only revolt to restore America, back to what it is now.

I am fine with the America goverment as it is now.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If Revolution had a movie I'd be theme music.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I can assure you there are people who are very motivated in the safegaurd of the American Constitution, and freedoms of rights. Right wing, Left wing, No wings at all, I don't care. I'm ready to assemble outside Congress and the Whitehouse, and Advise them to step down before negotiations are lost.

Ever heard of;
Posse Comitatus Act

"POSSE COMITATUS ACT" (18 USC 1385): A Reconstruction Era criminal law proscribing use of Army (later, Air Force) to "execute the laws" except where expressly authorized by Constitution or Congress. Limit on use of military for civilian law enforcement also applies to Navy by regulation. Dec '81 additional laws were enacted (codified 10 USC 371-78) clarifying permissible military assistance to civilian law enforcement agencies--including the Coast Guard--especially in combating drug smuggling into the United States. Posse Comitatus clarifications emphasize supportive and technical assistance (e.g., use of facilities, vessels, aircraft, intelligence, tech aid, surveillance, etc.) while generally prohibiting direct participation of DoD personnel in law enforcement (e.g., search, seizure, and arrests). For example, Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachments (LEDETS) serve aboard Navy vessels and perform the actual boardings of interdicted suspect drug smuggling vessels and, if needed, arrest their crews). Positive results have been realized especially from Navy ship/aircraft involvement.

What this means is if Martial Law was ever instated, the U.S.M.C. would be acting as the Police! Now imagine that, good thing most Americans know the difference between right and wrong.

Some of you are going say, wait a min. The jarheads are a Dept. of the Navy, yes. But the jarheads have claim otherwise, seems they are different from squids.
And its obvious why the airfarce are put under leash.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
POint proven, cidergood would be fighting against jedimaster and all those who think like him.

But such a debate is really rubbish. What would you do Ciderbad? really? Do a McVie? Or do a Waco? Neither changed a thing...

This is the only form of power you have, teenage posturing is empty words.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

ARE YOU ANGRY YET?

You should be! You've been lied to. Your tax money has been taken from you and spent under false pretenses. Your children have been sent off to kill and be killed in an illegal war launched without Congressional approval.

You who fought in the war and think you came back home healthy, well, you've been lied to as well. Your health is all downhill from here (ask any Vet from Desert Storm), and your children will have a higher incidence of birth defects because that depleted uranium isn't as harmless as you were told it was. And those VA medical benefits you were promised?

That was a lie too. Are you angry yet?

And those of you who sold your better judgment for a free hot-dog and a flag at a Clear Channel sponsored pro- Bush rally, well, you were lied to as well, and worse, made to look totally stupid before the rest of the world.

The media which walked right past peace demonstrations to video tape the Clear Channel party plastered your face across the TV sets of the planet, waving your flag and shouting "Sig WMD! Sig WMD" and singing "Dubya Dubya Uber Alles" or something to that effect.

And here you stand now, with egg on your collective faces, finally facing up to what your more intelligent neighbors knew all along;
There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
Bush made a total fool of you. The whole world is laughing at you. Those lacking the courage to admit they were wrong will no doubt descend into the ranks of fanatical "true believers", ready to drink the Kool-Aid for his highnessness der Dubyer. For the rest of you brave enough to admit you were fooled, are you angry yet?

And for you Congressional types reading this web site (and I know that many of you do), Bush made total jackasses out of you as well. Under the Constitution, which you are sworn to uphold, only Congress can declare war. Changing the name to "police action" or "battle" does not get you off of the hook.

When our army marches into another nation to take it over, that's a war by any meaningful definition of the word. So, you passed a bill that authorized the President to send in the military to Iraq, but ONLY if the President could prove that Saddam was hiding weapons of mass destruction in defiance of UN Resolution 1441.

The President said he had proof, and you did not check him on it. And now that the world knows that the President did not actually have any such proof, the world knows that the US Congress failed in their job.

You were had, used, swindled, conned, etc. Bush bypassed you. He got his illegal war right past you. The President has made the entire Congress look like weak and impotent idiots and fools before the rest of the world for not exercising due diligence over a serious matter like war. Are you angry yet?

Our media has tried to teach us all that hate and anger are bad. Anger must be "managed". Hate of any and all kinds must be suppressed. Well, I am here to tell you that certain hates and angers are not only justified, they are essential. I hate drug dealers, don't you? I hate liars, don't you? You're a sucker if you don't.

I hate spies who use deception to trick our nation into doing things it ought not to be doing. Hate and anger helped drive the British out of the colonies 1776. Hate and anger fueled the victory of WW2, which is why Bush, with his lies, tried to trick us all (or at least the gullible ones) into hating and being angry at a designated target for invasion.

I am very angry. #$%^#%$ anger management, I am pissed off! And if you carry any of the blood of those who made this nation what it is today you have to be angry too. You should be angry. You must be angry. Because right now there is a battle about to start over whether this nation will continue to be ruled by those who lie, or whether the liars will be kicked out. Whether we will have honest government or not.

Whether we will be slaves to liars, or free citizens with honorable and respectful and fair government.

Be angry. Be very angry. Hate liars. Focus your anger on them Drive them from office and from the media. There is no other choice but permanent servitude.

[Edited on 7-6-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah NC, there would be two revloutions fighting against each other and the opressive goverment.

Yeah, I guess my Judeo-Chirstian goverment revolutionaries would have some competion

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
what i'm about to say has nothing to do with my personal opinions or the reasons i am keeping my opinion secret.

I think that should a situation such as you have stated arise, the government would have planned ahead to take out all those it knew would actively revolt, it would be the prudent thing to do, therefore i advise all to not express whether they would or not.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Netchicken, I would not be participating in any revolution, as I am not American, and I do not live in the US. Also, I would be supportive of the kind of action JediMaster speaks of, restoring the current state of affairs in America. The country may not be perfect, but it could be far, far worse.

Anyway, what I meant in my original post was that, if the government was actually far worse than it is now, would the American people try to exercise their constitutional right to over throw it? I see no reason for revolution in America at the moment.

After all, the USA was founded after a revolution, and the founding fathers were rebellious by nature. I just wandered whether that spirit still existed.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
it still exists, and very strongly. Don't worry though, as said by KKing. We are closer now than we have ever been. He's not playing, and neither are the rest. Must be that Celtic blood still flowing strong

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have stated before that violent revolutions create more violence. I am repulsed by them. Only tears come from death, no matter what the purpose. I think that if we were to use weapons against the government they could get UN approval to suppress the insurrection. And there is only one way to do that.

But, if we were to peacefully protest, would the US have a case against us? They could not use violence against us because we would not be using it against them. And if they should? Imagine how many countries would withdraw American support if they had a valid reason to...

XAOS

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's time to start anew..

"Every generation needs a new revolution." - Thomas Jefferson

xaos - Have a look in your history books, unfortunately it takes violence to achieve any sort of revolution..

[Edited on 7-6-2003 by Attero Auctorita]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join